Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #47
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Haha, the Jammitors are fun, but so random. I really do like his Christmas hat too.

One of these days I'm really going to sample the flavours at Club Cool. Most of the time I just run in because... free drinks!!! I do find it hysterical that they changed I think every one EXCEPT Beverly. Disney knows it's fans.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #48
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Wow - great Epcot morning!

I love the gingerbread creations - I had no idea they had such a display at The Land.
I know, I didn't know that either! I've never seen anyone else post them or share pics of them, but they were so fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Haha, the Jammitors are fun, but so random. I really do like his Christmas hat too.

One of these days I'm really going to sample the flavours at Club Cool. Most of the time I just run in because... free drinks!!! I do find it hysterical that they changed I think every one EXCEPT Beverly. Disney knows it's fans.
Haha I love using Club Cool for free drinks! Last time we were there I got a popcorn nearby, but instead of buying a drink to go with it we just went to Club Cool
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #49
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love Jaminators! And their Christmas hats are a nice touch.
Haha, I am with you on the children at Turtle Talk! They are there for my amusement.
Everyone needs to experience Spaceship Earth-- it's so iconic!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #50
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I love Jaminators! And their Christmas hats are a nice touch.
Haha, I am with you on the children at Turtle Talk! They are there for my amusement.
Everyone needs to experience Spaceship Earth-- it's so iconic!
I always write down the funny things the kids say at Turtle Talk so I remember for trip reports, because it's usually hilarious!

And absolutely, I don't know how you could go to Epcot and not say you were in that big silver ball
Old 03-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #51
Foxen
Earning My Ears

Hi Becky!

I have not been on the DIS since before your wedding, but maybe you remember me from your PJ. I just caught up - read all your TRs and DTRs - sounds like you had a great 2013!!

Congrats on your (not so new now) job! Sounds like you're doing what you love.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR!
Foxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #52
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxen View Post
Hi Becky!

I have not been on the DIS since before your wedding, but maybe you remember me from your PJ. I just caught up - read all your TRs and DTRs - sounds like you had a great 2013!!

Congrats on your (not so new now) job! Sounds like you're doing what you love.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR!
Welcome back! It's good to "see" you again!! And my job still feels new, even though it's been almost 6 months now. There are new things to learn every day, but I'm loving it! Thanks for commenting!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:18 PM   #53
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Drinking around the World

Our plan for the second half of the day was to tour Epcot's World Showcase and drink our way along! I'd had a few drinks here and there before but never tried to conquer all the countries - we went around 1 o'clock so we'd have plenty of time to try and handle 11 beverages DH and I originally talked about splitting some, but when the time came he wanted his own, haha!

We decided to start in Mexico, and went to La Cava de Tequila. We went to order and they carded us... and told PP that he needed his passport. Which he did not have on him, because why would someone carry their passport around the theme parks? And well, drinking was our whole plan for the entire afternoon. We even had t-shirts! So after briefly discussing it PP and DH decided to go back to the room to get it. I stayed in Epcot on my own so I wouldn't have to walk as much (my legs can't handle too much walking sometimes!). As a side note, the interesting part of all this is that no other country asked to see his passport. It was only enforced in Mexico, even after we asked to speak to a manager. Every other place we ordered a drink PP gave his license and no one said anything. So it was just really unfortunate that it happened here. We ended up losing over an hour because it took them almost an hour and a half to make the round trip on Disney transportation.

So I'm on my own, and silly me decides, "Hey, maybe I'll go meet Anna and Elsa! Even if the wait is really long, like an hour, I have time to kill." Well, I get there... and the wait is over 3 hours long. It's just insane really! I can't imagine anyone waiting that long to meet a character. So I wandered around back past Mexico to the store that's kind of right where you enter the World Showcase. I bought a couple of Pixar vinylmations and manged to blox the chaser! (If you're a vinylmation collector you'll get it haha).

Then I saw Duffy doing a meet and greet across the way with pretty much zero line. I'm not a huge Duffy fan one way or the other, but he looked cute in his Santa costume so I went and got a picture!

After that I made a phone call to chat with a friend back home for a bit, and then made my way toward future world. I saw the gospel choir (not sure what they're called) performing on stage and stopped to watch them. They were really good and energetic!

Then finally, DH and PP were back and we went back to La Cava, where we were finally able to get our margaritas! Tequila isn't my favorite, but if there's some good flavoring in the margaritas I can enjoy it. PP went with a cucumber margarita:

DH had the blood orange. I tried his and I definitely liked it!

I went with the passion fruit. It was sweet and tangy, a great combination for me. I liked mine best out of the three so I was happy:

Each of the margaritas was $13, so DH and I spent $26 here total. It's probably going to hurt to keep track of the price of all the alcohol we drank, but I am curious to know and maybe you are too, if you plan to drink around the world at any point!

We skipped Norway at this point because we had dinner reservations there, and we figured we would have a drink with dinner. So on to China it was! DH had the Peach Snap, which he'd had before and really enjoyed. PP decided to go for a Peach Snap too. He liked it so much he went back and got another one! I tried to warn him we had 9 more countries (and therefore 9 more drinks) to go haha. I tried the Canto Loopy. This was great! It basically just tasted like cantalopes with vodka. It was also very refreshing, and I bet it would be a good on a hot day:

Both drinks in China were $7.50. The total for us was now $20.50 per person, or $41 total.

On to Germany, where I tried a grapefruit beer. I'm a big fan of grapefruit and this beer was sooo good. I'm not a huge beer drinker but I'm so glad I tried it! I would definitely get it again just wandering around Epcot (and in fact, I did on our February trip!)

It was a funny sort of switch because the boys ended up getting wine in Germany while I was getting my beer. I'm not sure what kind they got but they seemed to enjoy it:

My beer was $7.75. I think the wine was about $7 as well. $28.25 for me, $55.75 for two of us.

We then went back to Norway for our dinner reservations. I'll discuss the food in my dining review - here it's all about the drinks! PP got the Magical Star. He was intrigued by the glow cube, haha:

DH went with the Stavanger (A refreshing frozen blend of Raspberry, Vodka, and Linie Aquavit):

He enjoyed it a lot! I had the Prince of Norway (A royal blend of Apricot Brandy, Sloe Gin, Sour Mix and Orange Juice). Not my typical kind of drink, but I liked it!

'
And of course, since it was Akershus we met the princesses too. Aurora was fantastic:

She was so sassy! She asked which of these men was my dragon slayer, so I pointed t DH. She asked him how many dragons he'd slayed, and he said many. She looks at him and goes, "Well, they must have been tiny dragons." We were cracking up! And she asked PP where his princess was and he said he hadn't found her yet. So Aurora told him he'd have to slay a lot of dragons to find one as beautiful as me. Aww.

PP also had a lot of fun speaking Norwegian to the waitress and other people that worked there. They all got a real kick out of that!

Drinking around the world recap to be continued...
Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #54
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

As the countries tick by your smile gets broader...and we are not even half way around!!!
Credit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #55
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

I do remember the announcement of needing a passport for booze in Disney now. Clearly this is being enforced all over. Oy. What a shame to lose all that time.

I think Anna and Elsa are wonderful, but NO WAY I'm waiting 3 hours.

Santa Duffy rules!!!! I have a real soft spot for him.

I really want to try this grapefruit beer. It's sounds SO GOOD!

I have to tell you Becky, watching the "changes" over the course of the photos is quite enjoyable. Looking forward to the next batch!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #56
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit Man View Post
As the countries tick by your smile gets broader...and we are not even half way around!!!
Hahaha just wait til we get to the UK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
I do remember the announcement of needing a passport for booze in Disney now. Clearly this is being enforced all over. Oy. What a shame to lose all that time.

I think Anna and Elsa are wonderful, but NO WAY I'm waiting 3 hours.

Santa Duffy rules!!!! I have a real soft spot for him.

I really want to try this grapefruit beer. It's sounds SO GOOD!

I have to tell you Becky, watching the "changes" over the course of the photos is quite enjoyable. Looking forward to the next batch!!
Yeah, I vaguely remembered hearing something about that annoucement but since it didn't affect me I promptly forgot haha.

When we went back in February the wait was up to 5 hours for Anna and Elsa! Seriously insane!

Grapefruit beer is great! I wonder if I can find it around here.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #57
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the grapefruit beer! We have a gourmet grocery store here that has a gigantic beer selection and I've never been able to find it there, unfortunately
Your shirts are terrific!! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your drinks!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #58
Foxen
Earning My Ears

Excellent, drinking round the world! That is definitely on my Disney to-do list so I'm interested to see what you picked.

I am also a fan of grapefruit beer! My local liquor store stocks Schofferhofer in the summer, so there is hope for wider availability.
Foxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #59
jstkpswimming
Earning My Ears

Just joining in - loving it so far!

You are brave to drink around the world. I think my DH would need to carry me after 3 or so drinks! At least you're spreading them out nicely!

Excited for the next update!

Follow me on Instagram: @jstkpswimming
jstkpswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #60
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I LOVE the grapefruit beer! We have a gourmet grocery store here that has a gigantic beer selection and I've never been able to find it there, unfortunately
Your shirts are terrific!! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your drinks!
Yeah, I've searched a few places nearby and haven't found the grapefruit beer. I was hopeful because I found Rosa Regale at my wine store!

And thanks - a friend of mine designed the shirts, she is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxen View Post
Excellent, drinking round the world! That is definitely on my Disney to-do list so I'm interested to see what you picked.

I am also a fan of grapefruit beer! My local liquor store stocks Schofferhofer in the summer, so there is hope for wider availability.
Ooh I will have to look during the summer to see if they get any grapefruit beer in! There are so many good drinks around the World Showcase sometimes it was hard to pick just one for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstkpswimming View Post
Just joining in - loving it so far!

You are brave to drink around the world. I think my DH would need to carry me after 3 or so drinks! At least you're spreading them out nicely!

Excited for the next update!
Welcome! Yes, that's why we left about 8 hours for drinking and had a big meal - otherwise I would've been a mess!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: