Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #31
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

While I was a bit disappointed in the "Jingle Cruise", I really blame myself for maybe expecting too much. If I hadn't heard about it beforehand, I probably would have thought the "additions" were great. But, OMG, if you get stopped near the end with a good skipper, it's the best. TONS of jokes that you'd normally never get to hear.

Ugh, I'm sorry you had that happen in the Mansion. I just don't understand why people feel the need to ruin other people's experience.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #32
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
While I was a bit disappointed in the "Jingle Cruise", I really blame myself for maybe expecting too much. If I hadn't heard about it beforehand, I probably would have thought the "additions" were great. But, OMG, if you get stopped near the end with a good skipper, it's the best. TONS of jokes that you'd normally never get to hear.

Ugh, I'm sorry you had that happen in the Mansion. I just don't understand why people feel the need to ruin other people's experience.
Yeah, I was disappointd with the Jingle Cruise too. I thought they were going to do more with it. I don't really know what I was expecting, but I kept looking for things to be different and it was pretty much the same. Luckily our awesome skipper made up for it!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #33
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Hi Becky, I'm joining in here too! Sounds like your trip got off to a great start!
Ugh, I hate when people are being overly obnoxious on rides! There's a difference between having fun and getting into the spirit and just being a pain.
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:54 AM   #34
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Hi Becky, I'm joining in here too! Sounds like your trip got off to a great start!
Ugh, I hate when people are being overly obnoxious on rides! There's a difference between having fun and getting into the spirit and just being a pain.
Yay, glad you're over here too! Yeah, I can't believe how disrespectful and rude people can be. I think they were also trying to make HM scarier by screaming and doing spooky things, but they also made a little girl cry. It really annoyed me!
Old 03-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #35
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I hate rude people on rides.
The “Jingle Cruise” looked cute.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #36
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I hate rude people on rides.
The “Jingle Cruise” looked cute.
It's awful how other people can ruin something for you!

Even though Jingle Cruise wasn't a huge thing, I loved the little touches. I think that's the sort of thing that Disney does really well and should do more of, especially during the holiday season!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #37
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

The first thing we did after riding Haunted Mansion was go to get some of the free cookies and hot cocoa, since it was chilly and something hot sounded quite good! I did eat one cookie even though I was still full from dinner. We hit up Pinocchio's Village Haus for this. Since we were in Fantasyland, we decided to meet Mary Poppins and Bert by the carousel!

And this is when I discovered that my penpal hated waiting more than 5 minutes for anything. I think us Disney people are used to it, but he was very impatient. I think we waited about 20 minutes for this meet and greet, and he complained for most of it So I knew at that point we wouldn't be doing many character meet and greets, which was what I was probably most excited about for the party.

He also would not stop complaining about the cold. Yes, it was about 50 degrees. I am the queen of being cold, it's one of my least favorite things. But I had a sweater and a fleece on so I was okay. And he's from Norway, shouldn't he be used to it? Hahaha. So we went to Main Street to get him some coffee at Starbucks as well as a sweatshirt. Though I managed to convince DH to stop for a photo on the way

Once we were done on Main Street the first parade was starting, so we decided to watch. It was very crowded but we could see okay. I was planning to wait for the second parade which I thought would be less crowded, but we were here anyway! I couldn't get great pics because there were a lot of people in front of us, but it was definitely a cute parade.

And I am just so in love with the castle with all of its icicle lights!

Once the parade was over we grabbed a spot for Holiday Wishes off on the side. It was a great show, though in some ways I missed regular Wishes.

It had definitely gotten colder so I knew we wouldn't be staying too much longer. We decided to do something inside, and since we hadn't been on Pirates yet we made our way over there. On the way we passed Tiana with no line, so we hopped over there!

We rode pirates, which was nice, and then on our way out I spotted a few random characters hanging out with no lines and had to get some pictures! I found Captain Hook and the Genie.

At this point it was around 10:30 and we made our way out of the park. It had been a long, full, but very fun day.

Overall I enjoyed the Christmas Party, but I need to go back when it's just me and DH. I don't feel we really maximized our time there and we didn't get to half of the stuff they had to offer. Granted, we were up since 8am for the EMH at MK, so it had been a really long day. We did take a nap and I could've kept going, but not everyone has the super Disney power that I do when I'm in the World! It just gives me something to look forward to when I do get to go back during Christmas sometime. And the stuff we did get to do I really enjoyed!
Old 03-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #38
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Gosh darnit (I'm trying to keep things Disney language appropriate) I somehow totally missed out on Bert and Mary. So bummed about that.

Um.... He's from NORWAY!!!!!!! So NO COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COLD!!!

Oh man, what's Genie doing just wandering like that???? Really cool!

And WOW, amazing how much it cooled down just after I left (not that I'm rubbing it in).
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #39
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Gosh darnit (I'm trying to keep things Disney language appropriate) I somehow totally missed out on Bert and Mary. So bummed about that.

Um.... He's from NORWAY!!!!!!! So NO COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COLD!!!

Oh man, what's Genie doing just wandering like that???? Really cool!

And WOW, amazing how much it cooled down just after I left (not that I'm rubbing it in).
You'll just have to go back to the Christmas party again to meet Bert and Mary!!

I didn't expect to see the Genie just walking about, but I definitely couldn't pass up the opportunity!

It did get cold, though I think this was the coolest day that we had out of all of them. But it was never really hot either. I think I had some sort of light sweater or sweatshirt on almost every day we were there.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #40
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Oops - somehow I missed your pre-nap update. Sounds like you had a great day at MK.

Too bad that some of the magic of HM was spoiled by other guests.

The party sounds like so much fun!! LOVE the pic with Mary, Bert and the penguins. How cute is that???? What a shame though that your friend wouldn’t do the lines - I know the special character meets are a big part of those parties. At least you got to meet some towards the end of the party!

I love the castle pics - so pretty.
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:37 AM   #41
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oops - somehow I missed your pre-nap update. Sounds like you had a great day at MK.

Too bad that some of the magic of HM was spoiled by other guests.

The party sounds like so much fun!! LOVE the pic with Mary, Bert and the penguins. How cute is that???? What a shame though that your friend wouldn’t do the lines - I know the special character meets are a big part of those parties. At least you got to meet some towards the end of the party!

I love the castle pics - so pretty.
Some day I definitely plan to do the Christmas party again with just DH, or even just by myself if I do another solo trip! And the focus will be on characters and photos
Old 03-17-2014, 01:03 AM   #42
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Love the photo of you & your DH in front of the castle! Too cute!
It really can be hard touring the parks with someone whose style doesn't match yours. I'm glad you still had fun at the party, though!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #43
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Too bad about the complaining.
I hope you do make it back there. I missed Tiana. I would have liked to have a photo with her.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #44
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Love the photo of you & your DH in front of the castle! Too cute!
It really can be hard touring the parks with someone whose style doesn't match yours. I'm glad you still had fun at the party, though!
Thanks! And that's one of the reasons I'm super grateful that my DH and I have "matching" touring plans. It's so wonderful to do Disney with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Too bad about the complaining.
I hope you do make it back there. I missed Tiana. I would have liked to have a photo with her.
I love Tiana! She's my second favorite princess (after Belle) so I'm glad we were able to get a pic with her.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #45
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Epcot Morning

Today was our Epcot day! We were greeted with some holiday cheer right away.

We headed straight to Test Track. I think my penpal had a lot of fun designing a car, and ours did pretty well. It scored a 214 and the best one of the day so far (okay, it was only the morning, but still!) was a 218!

Then we did Mission: Space, on the more intense side. I have a love/hate relationship with that ride. It's so intense and makes me feel a little funny, but it's such a unique, incredible feeling! After that ride it was time for us to use our FP+ on Soarin'. Along the way he stopped to listen to the Jammitors rockin it! I hadn't really stopped to listen to them before but they were a lot of fun.

We also spent some time wandering around the Land and admiring all of the gingerbread creations they had there. I had no idea that was something that would be up for the holidays, so it was a nice surprise!

Since we were in the Land we had lunch at Sunshine Seasons, which you can check out in my dining review. After eating we did Nemo and all three of us squished into one clam shell! We did Turtle Talk too. It was cute, though there wasn't anything too hilarious - all of the kids' questions were pretty standard. Boo! Children, I need you to be ridiculous to entertain me!

We also stopped by Club Cool to try the new kinds of sodas. They switched up a lot of them since the last time we'd been so there were plenty of new flavors to try (though they still had good old Beverly!). I actually really enjoyed the pineapple soda from Greece. I'm not usually a huge fan of pineapple but it wasn't an overbearing flavor and it was very refreshing.

PP (this is what I'm going to refer to my penpal as from now on, since I'm too lazy to write it out every time and it seems silly to call him that when I refer to my husband as DH). So anyway, PP really, really wanted to ride Spaceship Earth because he wanted to be inside the big silver ball! So we went on that before heading to the World Showcase.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: