Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
Postal68
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing our family is done with Disney

We have been giving Disney our vacation dollars for 3+ decades. In those 30+ years and I would say about 35 visits we have NEVER done a single rope drop. We are not rope drop people. Vacation to us is not getting up and running to a park at 6/7 am so we can do what we paid for. Now with this horrible FP+ system, we will be lucky to do one headliner attraction a day. Stand by lines as I predicted are growing and slowing to highest average levels ever. Disney only wants you in their parks to spend money on food and souvenirs(and soon FP's), not to see their attractions. I'm sorry Disney, it was a good run, thanks for the memories

(How soon will someone post ....good, less wait time for me or don't worry, someone will easily take your place?)

Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #2
kaybird
DIS Veteran

It would actually make me very sad if people quit going to Disney because of a new paradigm. However, we went with the new system, and rode all the headliners on a busy week, so it is easy enough to do. Hope many like you at least try it before you decide it doesn't work for you.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #3
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

How will you know that for sure unless you have tried it? I don't get it, bashing it before you have tried it first hand.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #4
999DoomBuggies
Mouseketeer

Damn sad to read posts like these. I can totally sympathize with the oper. This fast pass plus is backfiring big time.
999DoomBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #5
MomRN
DIS Veteran

Not from me. We are rope droppers- most days- but I'm just not liking FP+. That being said, if I won a vacation, or someone gave me one... or I could go for 50% of current best deal prices... maybe I could learn to deal. However, it's too much money to spend on something I'm already not too happy about.

Next vacation will be a week in Orlando... with a couple of Universal nights, a waterpark, the beach, and probably the MNNSHP and I'm so excited!
MomRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 PM   #6
999DoomBuggies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946 View Post
How will you know that for sure unless you have tried it? I don't get it, bashing it before you have tried it first hand.
How about a million reviews saying how ****ty the new system is? Do you need to try setting yourself on fire to know it is bad. First hand experience is not a necessity in these cases.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #7
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999DoomBuggies View Post
How about a million reviews saying how ****ty the new system is? Do you need to try setting yourself on fire to know it is bad. First hand experience is not a necessity in these cases.
Seriously? That's such a bad analogy. Have you tried it? If not, then you have no first hand experience.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomRN View Post
Not from me. We are rope droppers- most days- but I'm just not liking FP+. That being said, if I won a vacation, or someone gave me one... or I could go for 50% of current best deal prices... maybe I could learn to deal. However, it's too much money to spend on something I'm already not too happy about.

Next vacation will be a week in Orlando... with a couple of Universal nights, a waterpark, the beach, and probably the MNNSHP and I'm so excited!
Your post made me think of one caveat that I would visit Disney again. For MNSSHP. We don't get caught up in all the character visits, parades or fireworks. We try to catch the fireworks, but we mainly use these parties to ride the attractions with little wait. I do feel I still get more than my money's worth for the halloween and christmas events, and I hope it stays that way. We can arrive at about 4 pm for entry and do almost the entire park before the end of the night(or at least everything that we want to do). The only problem is, these events only take place at the MK so any attractions at the other parks are out.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #9
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
We have been giving Disney our vacation dollars for 3+ decades. In those 30+ years and I would say about 35 visits we have NEVER done a single rope drop. We are not rope drop people. Vacation to us is not getting up and running to a park at 6/7 am so we can do what we paid for. Now with this horrible FP+ system, we will be lucky to do one headliner attraction a day. Stand by lines as I predicted are growing and slowing to highest average levels ever. Disney only wants you in their parks to spend money on food and souvenirs(and soon FP's), not to see their attractions. I'm sorry Disney, it was a good run, thanks for the memories

(How soon will someone post ....good, less wait time for me or don't worry, someone will easily take your place?)

FP+ actually allowed us to sleep in without having to make rope drop to do our favorite rides. I'm sorry you have decided to bail without even attempting to make it work to your advantage. We certainly did, and loved the new system.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #10
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, it's more like a million "I'm not going to try this" posts. The positive reviews get buried by the "never going to try this" posts.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:43 PM   #11
999DoomBuggies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Seriously? That's such a bad analogy. Have you tried it? If not, then you have no first hand experience.
Tried it two weeks ago and it seriously sucks.

The analogy was definitely bad.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #12
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post

Well to be fair if someone does say it, you've been making posts like these for quite a while now.
amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #13
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
3 is less than 6.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #14
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tried it two weeks ago and it seriously sucks.

The analogy was definitely bad.
I'm sorry you did not like it, we loved it.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:48 PM   #15
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Wow! Hmm! I live in CALI and we do not have that new system at DL/DCA.

Is it really all that bad?

HEY to all those that hate the new system at WDW why don't you come here!!!!

You will get all the MAGIC and then some from the Park that Walt walked in!!!!

We have CARS LAND!!!!

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: