Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
planplan
Mouseketeer

FP+...have we all lost our edge on the competition?

Not complaining about the new system but I think most of us might have lost our touring edge now that the old system is gone. I have traveled to Disney during some of the busiest times of the year and bragged how I might have stood in one to two lines over the period of 8days. Yes I got a nice workout being the FP runner but I enjoyed it for my families sake. I'm going to embrace the new system but I am going to miss utilizing the legacy FP system correctly and getting the most out of it. Three FP+ is around 3 FP less a day that we are accustomed to getting....four FP+ a day would be a great number in my opinion. Well only time will tell!
planplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
ghtx
DIS Veteran

I concur with what I think is your main point: that for "super-users" of the old FP- system (including many on the DIS), the new FP+ system will be a disadvantage. But it follows that for the average WDW guest, FP+ will be an improvement.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

My frustration will be not being able to get FP+ in more than one park each day. We typically hit two or more parks per day. During our mid-December 2013 trip we were able to still pull Legacy FPs when we went to the second park so it really wasn't an issue yet. Now it will be.

MDE knows which type of ticket the customer has (or at least it SHOULD), so if you have an AP or a park-hopper option, you should be able to make FP+ selections in more than one park per day...even if they still choose to limit it to three selections per day.

Places we've stayed (19 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991);MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999) ; Offsite(2000); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010, 2014); AKV(2013--2x)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE
J and R's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #4
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

Yes and no - yes, because the field is less easily skewed, but no because we still have more knowledge to leverage.

People who are better prepared almost always have better experiences in life. This certainly applies to theme parks - all theme parks. Dissers are going to know how to more easily tour the park to maximize the use of FP+. They will know the intricacies of the FP+ systems, and be better positioned to leverage them in their favor. They are also going to know about things like rope drop strategies and which rides to tackle in which order to maximize ride potential and minimize stand by waits.

People who just show up with minimal planning will still do a lot less. You only lost one tool. The replacement tool may not be the same, but there are and will be advantages to understanding it more fully.
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer

To tack tnto that, which rides are beneficial to expend your FP+ on, etc (like the list on here that rates the rides). That type of thing will still be relevant while those who do not research will waste their FP+'s on C rides with very little wait.
TiggerBouncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

While I don't like FP+ AT ALL, I plan to study the system harder than I studied for finals in college and once again make myself a super-user (or as much as one can be). No matter what, I'll always work the system better or harder than Average Joe Guest. So just be forewarned if you see me skulking around the park in my new outfit...

Call me SUPER USER!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
While I don't like FP+ AT ALL, I plan to study the system harder than I studied for finals in college and once again make myself a super-user (or as much as one can be). No matter what, I'll always work the system better or harder than Average Joe Guest. So just be forewarned if you see me skulking around the park in my new outfit...

Call me SUPER USER!
You go, girl!

TC
Old 01-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
.....So just be forewarned if you see me skulking around the park in my new outfit...

Call me SUPER USER!
LOL!!!!

No horse??

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #9
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I think you will see in the future the option to use Fastpass+ at more than one park.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
LOL!!!!

No horse??
You're right...I should have a horse...but then I'd have to have it registered as a service animal of some sort to get in to the park. I guess I'd have to go with one of these seeing eye minis:

It already has a cape! And some killer footwear.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #11
gwmort
DIS Veteran

There was a really good post the other day with Josh over at easywdw showing what he could do in the park with fp+ now. The entire morning routine he used none and waited in very few lines even for rides that just shortly afterward had very long lines.

Knowing when to go and what order to do things will likely be more important than ever so the super-knowledgeable commandos will still have a significant leg up on the herd that shows up between 11 and 4 pm and complains the lines are too long, even if no fp+'s are used at all (or at least til the herd shows up).
Old 01-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #12
summermac
DIS Veteran

All I have to say is THANK GOD for this board. I'd be lost for our February trip without it.
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #13
planplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort View Post
There was a really good post the other day with Josh over at easywdw showing what he could do in the park with fp+ now. The entire morning routine he used none and waited in very few lines even for rides that just shortly afterward had very long lines.

Knowing when to go and what order to do things will likely be more important than ever so the super-knowledgeable commandos will still have a significant leg up on the herd that shows up between 11 and 4 pm and complains the lines are too long, even if no fp+'s are used at all (or at least til the herd shows up).
I did read his blog and that's my families problem! We are also the family that likes to enjoy our morning coffee and stay extremely late at the parks at night. Our use good use of traditional FP made it nice that we never had to bother with a rope drop to keep ourselves from standing in lines all day. Well we might have to be early birds next trip!
planplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #14
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by planplan View Post
I did read his blog and that's my families problem! We are also the family that likes to enjoy our morning coffee and stay extremely late at the parks at night. Our use good use of traditional FP made it nice that we never had to bother with a rope drop to keep ourselves from standing in lines all day. Well we might have to be early birds next trip!
You can still do this if you go during non-peak times of the year. My wife and I did it last week and had no problems - lines were short all day long. But this is really going to be a problem for people who like to sleep in and are forced to travel during peak seasons.
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #15
johde
DIS Veteran

The way I see it, FP+ closed some doors, but opened some windows. At this point, we still don[t know what the full roll out FP+ is going to look like. FP- has only been gone from EPCOT for 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post
You can still do this if you go during non-peak times of the year. My wife and I did it last week and had no problems - lines were short all day long. But this is really going to be a problem for people who like to sleep in and are forced to travel during peak seasons.
I think it depends on how far you push "peak season". If you push it to the extreme, NYE, I think FP+ is actually a benefit to the people who lite to sleep in, assuming they can book in advance. Under FP- nearly all of the FP's would be gone by 10:00 a.m. in 3 of the 4 parks. Even extending that to Christmas/New Years Weeks and other extreme "peak" weeks. With FP- you're arriving ang pulling FP's several hours away. With Fp+ you can arrive with FP's "in your pocket". And being able to stay in the park to 1:00a.m. or even 3:00 a.m. is nearly as good as rope drop.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: