Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Memory Maker ... confused

a little bit confused as to how Memory Maker works as a whole...

So how does Photopass work with this. Rather, is "photopass" as a service still free? Can we do our trip, register pics with Photopass, see them online and THEN decide we want to download them using Memory Maker?

Is it possible to obtain a CD with all our pictures? Or it's all digital download now.

Finally, the big question. The site says you can link your whole travel party...

We are 19 people spanning 5 reservations. But we ARE all linked together on MDE as a single travel party. ( We have dining and FP+ reservations all together ). Does THIS mean that we can purchase a single Memory Maker package ( If we buy it now, we save 50$ ) and all share the photos? So like even if we separate, take pics on our own, all of these will be available to us? This could actually make it attractive for our large group to group all our pics together.

xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
ariel326
Mouseketeer

As far as I know you can still get a photopass card if you want it, but pictures are 15 a piece to download and the CD is closer to 170

The memory maker is really the way to go, especially if you buy it ahead of time and with that many people. You pay upfront and then you get you get to download all of your pictures. WE were only there 3 days and we had about 170 pictures. The photographers are everywhere, and since we paid up front we were more conscious of looking for the photographers and using them. They are also at many of the character meet and greets. Plus you get ride photos, ETWB photos, character meal posed photos, etc. All of which you would have to buy separately with photopass.

Who ever is linked to your MDE account, can be linked to your Memory Maker account. So, I would assume you can link all 18 people.

The memory maker people are super helpful in answering any questions you have, especially with linking that many people. I called them today because one Character meet and greet was missing and withing minutes she found it and uploaded it to my account. Here is the number- it would be worth calling them and having them walk you through everything
phone number: 1-407-560-4300
Disney History- every year from 1985-1992- offsite with grandparents. 1993-Contemporary 1994- Grand Floridian 1996-Pop Music 1997- Boardwalk Hotel 2005- Off site, time share 2014- Off site, Kissimmee.

Enjoyed our Offsite 3 day trip over MLK weekend!
Looking forward to our next trip- hoping for 2017! Time to start saving our pennies!
ariel326 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
ariel326
Mouseketeer

oh and you can buy an archive disc with memory maker it is 29.95
But I just downloaded all of them to my computer and will back them up on my own disc when I am done making a shutterfly book. Much cheaper.
Disney History- every year from 1985-1992- offsite with grandparents. 1993-Contemporary 1994- Grand Floridian 1996-Pop Music 1997- Boardwalk Hotel 2005- Off site, time share 2014- Off site, Kissimmee.

Looking forward to our next trip- hoping for 2017! Time to start saving our pennies!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

Gosh I was given completely different information that only the people in my room could be part of my memory maker I purchased (as in only the people in my room could add pictures after a ride, etc) they said my in laws who is linked in MDE with me (all fast passes and dining together) could not add pictures to the MM. It seemed so silly to me. I hope you are right.
jennynyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #5
ariel326
Mouseketeer

I don't know- that's the only part I am not sure about, which is why I would call. There is a part when you link the memory maker that says family and friends and you go through and link all the people that are linked to your MDE account.
I think, as long as you have the people linked to your MDE account, they can be upload.
But I would still call.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #6
Cais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel326 View Post
I don't know- that's the only part I am not sure about, which is why I would call. There is a part when you link the memory maker that says family and friends and you go through and link all the people that are linked to your MDE account. I think, as long as you have the people linked to your MDE account, they can be upload. But I would still call.
I wouldn't bother calling. I can give you the same answer. Yeah as long as they're lined as friends and family or you claim their PhotoPass ids you can download the photos.

PhotoPass the service is free but you cannot buy memory maker after your vacation. You can buy it before or you can buy it during.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #7
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

How about ride photos. Everything I have read says the person who has memory maker assigned to them is the one who has to retrieve ride photos. How does this work if you are at different parks on the same day? Obviously the one holding the entitlement is NOT going to run from park to park putting them in their band?
Also I plan to get memory maker and my cousin is arriving several days earlier than us. I wanted to share it, but it looks like she won't be able to get ride photos...right?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
Cais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
How about ride photos. Everything I have read says the person who has memory maker assigned to them is the one who has to retrieve ride photos. How does this work if you are at different parks on the same day? Obviously the one holding the entitlement is NOT going to run from park to park putting them in their band? Also I plan to get memory maker and my cousin is arriving several days earlier than us. I wanted to share it, but it looks like she won't be able to get ride photos...right?
You've got this one a little wrong. The memory maker is the only one who can DOWNLOAD photos. Anyone in the memory maker traveling party can collect. As long as you can get the photos in your account you can download them.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #9
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cais View Post
You've got this one a little wrong. The memory maker is the only one who can DOWNLOAD photos. Anyone in the memory maker traveling party can collect. As long as you can get the photos in your account you can download them.

Okay so just so I'm clear.
We are 19 people spanning multiple reservations.
BUT We are all linked together in MDE ( I was very careful to make sure everyone could see everyone ). AND we all have Photopass viewing set to on.

SO. Given this, we will all be able to go our separate way, get pics taken, give them our magic bands to link photos, we'll all be able to SEE each other's photos, and ONE person who purchased the MM will be able to link them to the MM package and download ALL the pictures.

Is that right?

Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #10
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

There's an extra box you have to check for each person linked to your account. It says "allow to share photos" or something like that. Once you do that,then the system will recognize everyone in your party as being a part of your Memory Maker package.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #11
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
There's an extra box you have to check for each person linked to your account. It says "allow to share photos" or something like that. Once you do that,then the system will recognize everyone in your party as being a part of your Memory Maker package.
So what happens when half the people are NOT staying onsite? they don't get bands.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
dayvewc
DIS Veteran

They will have ticket media (an RFID card) and if THAT is linked to their account it should work, as (my understanding) is that ticket cards can be scanned. I've been wrong before, though.
July '09 and New Years Eve '09 offsite . Spring Break '11 Orange Lake , August '12 WorldGate , July '13 Orange Lake , Halloween '13 Saratoga Springs , Spring Break '14 Orange Lake , July '14 Silver Lake , Spring Break '15 DisneyLand Grand Californian

dayvewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #13
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Recapping, I think it's all been answered here now, but I got full confirmation straight from Guest services.

1- If all family members are linked on MDE and allowed to see each other's photopass pictures, a single MM package can be used to download those pictures.
2 - As confirmed above, only ONE person will be able to download them.

3- Pictures at *ATTRACTIONS* will require the holder of the MM package to scan their magicBand. That means that if you split up, Specifically ATTRACTION photos won't be shareable this way.

I admit, this last item is probably a deal breaker for us. That was a big part of why we were considering it is we could still split up, and share our attraction photos. If I need to show up at each photo location to scan my own personal bracelet? forget that...

Old 01-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #14
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipetotec View Post
Recapping, I think it's all been answered here now, but I got full confirmation straight from Guest services.

1- If all family members are linked on MDE and allowed to see each other's photopass pictures, a single MM package can be used to download those pictures.
2 - As confirmed above, only ONE person will be able to download them.

3- Pictures at *ATTRACTIONS* will require the holder of the MM package to scan their magicBand. That means that if you split up, Specifically ATTRACTION photos won't be shareable this way.

I admit, this last item is probably a deal breaker for us. That was a big part of why we were considering it is we could still split up, and share our attraction photos. If I need to show up at each photo location to scan my own personal bracelet? forget that...
On another thread. someone told me the attractions would be included, BUT the way MM FAQ's read it doesn't sound that way to me either.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #15
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
On another thread. someone told me the attractions would be included, BUT the way MM FAQ's read it doesn't sound that way to me either.
Well this rep went out of their way to specify this to me. said that as long as MDE is set up correctly, the MM holder should see all photos and be able to include them on their MM package. But that attraction photos would require the MM holder to be present. That's dumb.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: