Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #16
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooksie View Post
Has Disney extended the meet and greet past the end of January? The last I read Disney had "extended" their meet and greet in Norway until January 31st. A quick look at the Disney World website shows their meet and greet hours up to February 01, but nothing after that date.

Was there an updated announcement? I figured they would be gone already when I'm at Epcot in early February.
Not officially, but everyone close to the situation is confident they are not leaving.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #17
Pooksie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Not officially, but everyone close to the situation is confident they are not leaving.
Thanks Mesa, I just read the thread some one else posted with the same question and saw your reply there as well. I appreciate your reply..
Pooksie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #18
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

Love this thread! We are leaving in 10 days and it's so great to get details on what I can likely expect. Thank you OP!
jennynyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #19
River Country
DIS Jedi

I cant beleive that January has those kinds of lines. I was there 2 weeks before Christmas and i got on the A&E line at 12 for the 2 o'clock M&G. so what this is saying that if i got there at 12 noon now i would wait almost 6 HOURS????????? aint gonna happen, we met them once and anything over 2 hours is nonsense.....Unless Olaf and Sven were there then maybe i would consider it
River Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #20
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
so is it just the animatronic Olaf that is in CA or do you really get to meet Olaf? Sorry if I'm being dense !
Olaf isn't at CA as a meetable character exactly. He is animatronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooksie View Post
Has Disney extended the meet and greet past the end of January? The last I read Disney had "extended" their meet and greet in Norway until January 31st. A quick look at the Disney World website shows their meet and greet hours up to February 01, but nothing after that date.

Was there an updated announcement? I figured they would be gone already when I'm at Epcot in early February.
Given their wait times, the Arrendale Princess and Queen will be meeting for sometime. According to most blogs that have very reliable information, they'll be around for sometime.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #21
whitjake
Earning My Ears

help me understand please

we are arriving on Thursday. We have ADR for Princess Breakfast at 9:40 that morning. What time can we get into the Worldshowcase area? Currently we have reservations for 4.. what time will the line start for the FROZEN ladies? Should I just let me or my husband skip breakfast and get in line. Don't want to spend all day in line there however my daughter is dying to meet them. So please give me the play by play on what we should do. Thanks!
whitjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #22
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjake View Post
we are arriving on Thursday. We have ADR for Princess Breakfast at 9:40 that morning. What time can we get into the Worldshowcase area? Currently we have reservations for 4.. what time will the line start for the FROZEN ladies? Should I just let me or my husband skip breakfast and get in line. Don't want to spend all day in line there however my daughter is dying to meet them. So please give me the play by play on what we should do. Thanks!
I think poor hubby is looking at a very light breakfast at best while he gets in line sometime around 8:30a, give or take.

I'm not sure if your later ADR will get you past the turnstiles that early, though.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #23
SkylarKD
Mouseketeer

QUOTE "CM at Guest Relations said that as of now you can just eliminate a FP without changing it / booking another one. So if you want to just dump something you can. Haven't tried that out personally. He did say things are changing every day. He also said that one day (not very soon he implied so not sure when) you will be able to book for different parks on the same day."

Very interesting! A step in the right direction. Both make a lot of sense. Anyone hear official confirmation of this?

Damn, messed up the quoting feature on my phone, LOL

WDW 2004 (Honeymoon), 2009, 2010, 2013
Universal 2004, 2012

SkylarKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #24
acpalmer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarKD View Post

Very interesting! A step in the right direction. Both make a lot of sense. Anyone hear official confirmation of this?

Damn, messed up the quoting feature on my phone, LOL
I don't have official confirmation from anyone at Disney, but MDE has let me do it for our trip in March. We only need one FP+ for our last day because we depart relatively early and it had me schedule three, but then I was easily able to cancel the other two, so we only have one right now. All went very smoothly and easily for scheduling (and the cancelling that I did) for our whole trip. I was able to schedule on Tuesday of this week, so that's when I did it.

Last edited by acpalmer; 01-24-2014 at 12:06 PM.
acpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:59 AM   #25
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Hmm so I guess that dream I had last night where we walked into the Nemo show (yes, I know, wrong park) and were surprised to find a 30 min wait for E&A will have to remain a happy dream. Ah well.

tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #26
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

So if I moved to an 8am breakfast, got out about 9 and got in line we'd still be waiting until 11 to meet. Hmm somehow I'm thinking that's not going to work with just me and the two girls. Guess we'll be resigned to missing these princesses. :-(

tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #27
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

not much new to report today - I did ask at DHS if we could arrange 'same day' FP while having advance FP already made for MK (we're AP holders staying on site). Nope no way no how was basically the reply. Not even if we used our physical APs - everything is connected. Only way to get FP at DHS would be for us to forfeit our MK FP

Went over to MK around 1 - good news they were running all 3 ferries. Went back across around 5 (MK was more crowded IMO than a normal Friday in January) - they were only running TWO ferries!

Jasmine and Aladdin had moved location - they were meeting in the area before Adventureland on Wednesday morning. That area is between the Crystal Palace Bridge - the entrance to Adventureland and the bridge that goes over to Tiana. Today they were in the covered area that is just before the Fairies (Ariel and Eric have met there in the past - when her grotto was down). Not sure where their official location is right now as their regular area is being renovated.

Loads of strange areas under renovation right now.

Spoke to someone this morning who could NOT get TOT as a FP early this morning. They went to ride TSM first thing then made their same day FP and couldn't get TOT for any time. He went and stood in the standby line - posted wait was 30 minutes.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #29
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
not much new to report today - I did ask at DHS if we could arrange 'same day' FP while having advance FP already made for MK (we're AP holders staying on site). Nope no way no how was basically the reply. Not even if we used our physical APs - everything is connected. Only way to get FP at DHS would be for us to forfeit our MK FP
Thanks for checking this out! And thanks for letting us know.

Now the only remaining question for me is whether an offsite guest can get FP+ in two different parks in the same day. I started a thread a week ago asking if any offsite guest had tried this, and haven't yet seen anyone report on this.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #30
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Spoke to someone this morning who could NOT get TOT as a FP early this morning. They went to ride TSM first thing then made their same day FP and couldn't get TOT for any time. He went and stood in the standby line - posted wait was 30 minutes.
I'm really surprised by that.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: