Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 04:54 AM   #31
Lolsmum
Mouseketeer

My daughter still talks about the time she danced with Prince Charming at 1900 Park Fare. She was wearing an Aurora dress. The part she talks about most is when she and Anastasia were chatting watching other girls dance with Prince Charming and they agreed only girls wearing pink should be able to dance with him.
Lolsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:47 AM   #32
Muffin's Mom
Earning My Ears

Tiana talked to DD about DH being her frog bc he was wearing a green shirt. It was pretty funny.

The 1st time DD went to BBB, she met Mulan. I made some comment about DD having "big hair" and Mulan said "all princesses have big hair" without missing a beat.

But my favorite was when we were waiting for Beast and Belle played Duck, Duck Goose with the kids in line at Epcot. (They went to a nearby grassy area.) When we got up to the front of the line, to meet Beast later on, she introduced my daughter and told Beast that she was great at Duck Duck, Goose because she was a fast runner. Then she insisted on a family picture with all 3 of us and the 2 of them.
Muffin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #33
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

Ours was with Mulan. I asked her do to her warrior pose with my kids. And she got excited and said she would love too. She doesn't get to do it often. I told her my DH was in the airforce, she asked where he had been and complemented our kids for being so brave while dad is away. When we were getting ready to leave, she bowed at my DH and thanked him for his service....he saluted her for hers as well
[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/qclo93tkqequauum.png[/img][/link]
think-like-tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:01 AM   #34
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

We told Cinderella that we loved her dress..she was very happy to show it off and her shoes to us.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #35
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

One of our favorite character interactions was when DGD choose Princess Tiana gown for her BBB make over and one of the CM suggested we walk over to meet Princess Tiana. Princess Tiana made a great fuss over DGD. As we were waiting for breakfast at CRC, Princess Tiana told my DGD "Tag, you're it and when you see Cinderella, tell her I said 'tag! you're it!" When meeting Cinderella, my DGD couldn't wait to tell her "Tiana said to tell you, tag, you're it!" Cinderella exclaimed.... "She did did she? Well, when you see Aurora, you tell her I said 'tag, you're it!" Aurora smiled and said 'When you see Ariel, you tell her I said 'tag, you're it!" It was great fun!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:26 AM   #36
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz603 View Post
A few years ago back when my kids were 7 and 3 (and no 3rd one!), we were at Goofy's Kitchen in Disneyland. I noticed that either Chip or Dale would be at the table soon, and I jokingly made a comment to DH that I knew would go over the kids' heads. My 7 year old DS heard me and thought it was a legit question. So the poor character comes over, and DS says, "How big are your nuts?" I turned 50 shades of red and wanted to hide, but Chip/Dale interpreted the question exactly as DS intended. I appreciated the grace that Chip/Dale showed by taking that at face value.
You just made my coffee spill!!! Oh my goodness!
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #37
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanestMomEver View Post
One of my daughters, as a teen, asked Cinderella if she would mind stepping out if the shot so she could have a photo of just herself and the prince. Actually, she requested this of Snow White and one other (?) too and they politely complied. But Cinderella stood to side with an uncomfortable-looking forced smile that to this day I cannot decide if she was just being funny or if she was a little insulted. I find it hard to believe the CM would be insulted but body language seldom lies.
I've done this each time we have met the Princesses with their Princes. I have many photos with each Princess but their Princes are rarely out. They never seem to mind. Maybe you caught Cinderella on a bad day

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #38
foodrocksluver
It's been you all along

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummabear View Post
When DD4 met Prince Naveen, she got very sad and told him how upset she was that the Shadowman had squashed Ray, luckily it being after dark, he pointed to the stars and reminded her that Ray joined Evangeline and she perked right back up
This is wonderful. I literally started crying after I read it.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #39
ariel326
Mouseketeer

Peter Pan/Wendy- Peter Pan told us that he could sign his name in our autograph book because Wendy Lady taught him how to read and write

Ariel- Gave DS a kiss on his cheek and left lipstick. We told her that she was our favorite princess and she said, us red heads have to stick together.

After Ariel - Cinderella and Aurora both saw the lipstick on DS check and said that it will not do that he had lipstick from ariel and not them, so they both gave him kisses on his cheek too. But then Cinderella told DS not to show that to prince charming because he might get jealous.

At Epcot- DS was obsessed with this little mickey grabber thing he saw in a gift shop. He called it a snappy thing. When we saw Alice, he told her that he was on his way to go buy his snappy thing, and she was like, snappy thing, what is that? So he showed her with his hand how it grabs and picks up things. She then said she wanted a snappy thing cause that would be very useful if she returned to Wonderland.

All the non talking characters were super animated and we were able to totally understand what they were doing and saying just by their actions.
Buzz - DS asked him what one of the buttons on his suit does, so he gestured for DS to press it. DS pressed on it and Buzz froze still. HE stood super still like DS had just turned him off. Then Woody showed pointed to another button on Buzz and had DS press on that button, and then Buzz unfroze and came back to life. It was super cute.
Disney History- every year from 1985-1992- offsite with grandparents. 1993-Contemporary 1994- Grand Floridian 1996-Pop Music 1997- Boardwalk Hotel 2005- Off site, time share 2014- Off site, Kissimmee.

Enjoyed our Offsite 3 day trip over MLK weekend!
Looking forward to our next trip- hoping for 2017! Time to start saving our pennies!
ariel326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #40
FencerGirl
Mouseketeer

When our daughter was 3 we took her to MNSSHP. She was dressed up as a robot dinosaur. She had a green dinosaur costume with light up eyes and other robot-y accessories.

Rapunzel notice her when we were in line to meet her and Flynn and declared that my daughter must be dressed up as Pascal. When we explained that she was a robot dinosaur, both Rapunzel and Flynn needed an explanation of what both robots and dinosaurs were. It was super cute.

For our photos with them, we all posed like we were roaring.
FencerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #41
ariel326
Mouseketeer

oh wait, I got the story wrong-DS asked Peter Pan where Jake was and Peter Pan said he was back in neverland at school. He pointed to Wendy and said that Wendy started a school in neverland for all the lost boys and the pirate kids and so Jake was at school. Then he told DS that even he had to go to the school and that is where he learned to read and write so he could sign autograph books.

THe next day at DHS, we saw Jake the Pirate. The first question DS asked Jake was, if he had a day off from school today. Jake at first was like, uh?, but just went with it, and started gesturing like a teacher at a board teaching something. It was pretty cute.
Disney History- every year from 1985-1992- offsite with grandparents. 1993-Contemporary 1994- Grand Floridian 1996-Pop Music 1997- Boardwalk Hotel 2005- Off site, time share 2014- Off site, Kissimmee.

Enjoyed our Offsite 3 day trip over MLK weekend!
Looking forward to our next trip- hoping for 2017! Time to start saving our pennies!
ariel326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #42
Shannon G
DIS Veteran

Love all these stories! My favorite character interaction, which we still talk about even though my girls were too young to remember it, is when my oldest tried to give her little sister away to Lilo. We were at DHS, when DD#1 was 2 1/2 and DD#2 was 7 months old. They had their picture taken with Lilo & Stitch, and Lilo was holding DD#2. When I stepped up to take her back, Lilo hugged her close and shook her head no. I turned to DD#1 and said "I think Lilo wants to keep Katie. Is that okay?" DD#1 just said yeah and started to walk back to her stroller, lol!
Shannon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #43
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

at CRT one night, we were the last family in a set to meet cinderella, and it was during the castle show/preceding wishes. while meeting cinderella, my nephew (3 at the time) was freaking out about the fireworks, shouting "big booms!" only it didn't sound like big booms, and his position by cinderella made it sound all the more inappropriate to anyone with grown ears.

she was really good though, and since we still had time to wait for our table and they hadn't brought in the next set of families, she came over and kept talking to him until we went up. by the time we got up to eat and meet the other princesses, wishes was going on, so we got "big booms!" again. the other princesses all said "oh, cinderella told us about you." it was just cute.

they really do have a good way of staying in character.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #44
figmentedpixie
Earning My Ears

I think my favorite prince & princess interaction has to be when we went to the Christmas Party in 2012. Rapunzel & Flynn were amazing and I think we spent about ten minutes together as Flynn and I plotted to take over Snow White's Kingdom.

It all started with Rapunzel asking me where I was from and then Flynn was jealous I had a land named after me (Mary -- Maryland) so he decided he wanted Eugeneland and told Rapunzel she could have a corner of it and she just gave him this look so he quickly changed the subject by mentioning that Snow's Prince's Kingdom doesn't even have a name (Snow & her Prince were the couple right next to them and didn't have anyone with them). So then we decided that meant we could overthrow it and it kind of escalated from there.

They were hysterical and perfectly in character the whole time.
1982 to 1997: Various Trips with Family; August 2007: ASMo with Lil Sis; January 2008: Borg Trip to WDW/ASMu; November 2008: Trip to WDW/Pop Century with Panda; June 2009: DLR with Panda; Halloween 2009: DLR with Panda; December 2010: Borg Trip #2 to WDW/Pop Century; Halloween 2011: DLR with Panda; December 2012: 30th B-Day WDW Trip/Pop Century

figmentedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #45
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer

The characters are trained to handle those kinds of questions. most of them won't even bat an eyelash.

My niece met Cinderella once. The conversation went like:
Niece: Are you the REAL Cinderella?
Cinderella: Yes.
Niece: REALLY?
Cind: Yes!
Niece: Come here. I have to tell you something.
<Cinderella leans in close> My niece whispers:
Niece: The queen is BBBAAADDDDD!
Cinderella: Thank you for telling me! I'll be careful!

However, if you are ever in doubt, look at a couple of youtube videos of character interactions. Tink is very good with camera's (she looks inside the lens to see if she can see who you have trapped in there so she can wave to them).

Alice and Mad Hatter are a bit mavericks / troublemakers. Peter can be as well. They all have their own personalitities, but they are very good at dealing with young kids and keeping the magic. You'll be fine. Have no fear!
TiggerBouncy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: