Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #16
ruthies12
Mouseketeer

These are great stories! Hopefully I'll get some good ones to share. We head down Saturday! (assuming our plane isn't delayed since they are now predicting blowing snow just my luck). I'll have to come back and post how the responses go. Thanks everyone!
ruthies12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #17
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Sometimes the characters stump ME! When Dh and I wandered up to the China pavilion in Epcot and found Mulan just hanging out in front of a practically empty pavilion we were thrilled! We never wait to meet characters...but she was just standing there with no one around. So I asked her for her autograph and a picture.

She then asked me if I had met my husband in the army...I went blank. All I could think of was why would this CM care about where I met my DH?? "No" I said, dumbfounded. "But we did meet at work." Then I went on to explain how we met at the news station we both worked at, like I would tell one of my regular friends. She listened politely and then said "I met my husband in the army."

With no kids around I guess I wasn't expecting her to hold character.
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #18
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

My favorite character interactions were last year with Peter Pan and Alice. Peter Pan had just been rereleased on DVD and my DD4 was obsessed with it. She was so excited to meet Peter she very nearly bowled him over - literally.

And then when we met Alice, DD4 was also SO proud of her new Perry "lunchbox" from the American pavilion. Alice insisted on seeing it, so DD showed it to her, but it was empty and Alice told her it had to be called a nothing box, but then picked her a flower from the garden and put it in there for her. We still have the flower somewhere.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #19
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

I am trying to convince my sister to ask Ariel questions regarding her early 90s TV show to see if we throw her off guard. It was an awesome show but not many people remember it. Like what is Evil Manta up to these days? Or Lucky the Bad Luck Creature?

I am way too chicken to try this myself
jelloarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #20
MomofIndigo
Mouseketeer

I cant wait for this next week to see what Indigo will say or ask.

The first time she ever met Cinderella she was 2. She would not walk up to her. Either she was enamored or frightened or both. But she just kept pointing and not using her words so Cinderella had to guess. Cinderella pointed to her dress, her necklace, her crown and each time Indigo got closer and closer. Finally when she was close we figured out that she was intrigued by her red lips (I do not wear bright lipstick only lip balm). Then Cinderella did the most horrid thing and kissed her on the cheek. Indigo came running to DH and I and loudly tattled "Cinderella got me red!!" It. was.hilarious. Cinderella lost it and just whispered that it keeps Lucifer away.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #21
sharonped
Mouseketeer

My 12 yr old son asked Prince Charming how he got the great girls
sharonped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #22
eliz603
Mouseketeer

A few years ago back when my kids were 7 and 3 (and no 3rd one!), we were at Goofy's Kitchen in Disneyland. I noticed that either Chip or Dale would be at the table soon, and I jokingly made a comment to DH that I knew would go over the kids' heads. My 7 year old DS heard me and thought it was a legit question. So the poor character comes over, and DS says, "How big are your nuts?" I turned 50 shades of red and wanted to hide, but Chip/Dale interpreted the question exactly as DS intended. I appreciated the grace that Chip/Dale showed by taking that at face value.

BLT 2013, POR 2013, Grand Californian 2010, Contemporary 2009, Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Lodge 2006, Beach Club 1996, CBR1995, Wilderness Lodge 1995, prior visits CBR, The Disney Inn, Disney Villas, plus lots of day trips back to 1982!

eliz603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #23
seethelight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz603 View Post
A few years ago back when my kids were 7 and 3 (and no 3rd one!), we were at Goofy's Kitchen in Disneyland. I noticed that either Chip or Dale would be at the table soon, and I jokingly made a comment to DH that I knew would go over the kids' heads. My 7 year old DS heard me and thought it was a legit question. So the poor character comes over, and DS says, "How big are your nuts?" I turned 50 shades of red and wanted to hide, but Chip/Dale interpreted the question exactly as DS intended. I appreciated the grace that Chip/Dale showed by taking that at face value.
Omg. This is just awesome!!!

Nov 2004-First trip with DH who was then a BF

Sept 2012- First trip with our girls!

Feb 2014-taking our princesses back!
seethelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 AM   #24
MeanestMomEver
Oh Boy!

One of my daughters, as a teen, asked Cinderella if she would mind stepping out if the shot so she could have a photo of just herself and the prince. Actually, she requested this of Snow White and one other (?) too and they politely complied. But Cinderella stood to side with an uncomfortable-looking forced smile that to this day I cannot decide if she was just being funny or if she was a little insulted. I find it hard to believe the CM would be insulted but body language seldom lies.

1975 DL, Grandma's House in Van Nuys
1985 WDW sorta-honeymoon, off site
1991 WDW offsite
2003 Contemporary
2008 Shades of Green
2010 Yacht Club
2014 Contemporary (March)
2014 Coronado Springs (June)
2014 Port Orleans French Quarter (September)
MeanestMomEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 AM   #25
mummabear
DIS Veteran

When DD4 met Prince Naveen, she got very sad and told him how upset she was that the Shadowman had squashed Ray, luckily it being after dark, he pointed to the stars and reminded her that Ray joined Evangeline and she perked right back up
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:46 AM   #26
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
I am trying to convince my sister to ask Ariel questions regarding her early 90s TV show to see if we throw her off guard. It was an awesome show but not many people remember it. Like what is Evil Manta up to these days? Or Lucky the Bad Luck Creature? I am way too chicken to try this myself
My DD14 LOVED the Little Mermaid TV show! I remember Evil Manta (and his son who wasn't evil). She used to sing that "In Harmony" song all the time - I had to buy it from iTunes.

Our last trip, DD mentioned to Baloo and king Louie that she is a ballet dancer, so two of them spent about 5 minutes doing ballet moves. They were pretty good - actually did some technical stuff!

Peter Pan had some funny comments about Gaston's girly pony tail (we told Peter were going to see him next). When we told Gaston what peter said, he replied that he's too manly for a pony tail - he has a stallion tail. I think the characters have fun talking about each other.

One day DD was wearing an Ariel shirt, and we had three different characters (Frozone, Chip or Dale, and King Louie) all get down on their stomachs to do the Ariel-on-the-rock-in-the-ocean pose, if you know what I mean. It was so funny that so many of them would do the same thing.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:04 AM   #27
Disney_Alli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanestMomEver View Post
One of my daughters, as a teen, asked Cinderella if she would mind stepping out if the shot so she could have a photo of just herself and the prince. Actually, she requested this of Snow White and one other (?) too and they politely complied. But Cinderella stood to side with an uncomfortable-looking forced smile that to this day I cannot decide if she was just being funny or if she was a little insulted. I find it hard to believe the CM would be insulted but body language seldom lies.
I always ask the princesses if they mind if I take a pictures with just their prince and I. They usually step aside gracefully though they usually remind me that he's theirs lol!
But who wouldn't want to snuggle up to The Beast?

When we were in WDW for my sister's wedding Minnie and Mickey made a big deal out of them being newlyweds and Minnie dragged my sister over to Mickey by the hand to show him her ring!

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:05 AM   #28
Disney_Alli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanestMomEver View Post
I always ask the princesses if they mind if I take a pictures with just their prince and I. They usually step aside gracefully though they usually remind me that he's theirs lol! Tiana was very gracious while we took this picture (those red lights aren't really flattering though are they?)

But who wouldn't want to snuggle up to The Beast?

When we were in WDW for my sister's wedding Minnie and Mickey made a big deal out of them being newlyweds and Minnie dragged my sister over to Mickey by the hand to show him her ring!

Edited to add: Okay you know your computer is being weird when your double post is different lol

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli

Last edited by Disney_Alli; 01-24-2014 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Weirdness!
Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:28 AM   #29
njmom76
Mouseketeer

We have had 2 amazing character interactions. One with the fairy godmother right after DD left BBB as Cinderella and the other with Jasmine and Aladdin when DD was dressed as Jasmine. Great memories.

Me (37) DH (36) DD (6) DS (1)

Beach Club: July 29-August 11 2015
Beach Club: August 29-September 2 2014 (mother/daughter)
SeaWorld: June 2014
Polynesian: August 2-9 2013
Polynesian: August 18-21 2012
Hard Rock Hotel - Universal: February 2012
Beach Club: August 2011
Off site: January 1999
Dolphin/CSR: December 1998/January 1999 (NYE @ Epcot)
Off site: 1977, 1980, 1987
njmom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:43 AM   #30
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

At the Christmas party this year, Snow White was just fantastic! My daughter has braces. Snow White just stared at her teeth and asked her however was she able to get diamonds on her teeth? She then called the Prince over to see them. The braces were pretty new at that point, and my daughter was a little self-conscious of them. That moment was the start of her being okay with them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: