Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #16
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #17
KNJWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobug View Post
But your 5th day shouldn't open up to book until tomorrow if Monday was your 60 days out. So it may still work.
I thought it was 60 days from check in and then you could book FP+ the same number of days of your ticket? Not 60 days from each day of park entry.
KNJWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #18
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlwfun89 View Post
Yep just got off chat and annual passholders must schedule 60 days out and only so many days are allowed even if they have a resort stay. I was hearing that annual passholders could stay than stay offsite and still schedule fastpasses ahead of 60 days ohh so not true now&So I am sure they are slowley closing loopholes .

Did they say how many days the AP's can book for?

We are staying 12 days with a full DVC stay. God help them if they close a FP+ window on us mid way though our vacation.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #19
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glvsav37 View Post
Did they say how many days the AP's can book for? We are staying 12 days with a full DVC stay. God help them if they close a FP+ window on us mid way though our vacation.
7 days without a resort stay (an AP holder that already has a magic band). I don't think they will let you do 12 as an AP holder because it's not tied to the length of your resort stay, but tied to your ticket. And for now, they are letting AP holders book 7 max. But I don't know that.

And it is a rolling window, so after one day you could book another day's worth, etc.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #20
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
7 days without a resort stay (an AP holder that already has a magic band). I don't think they will let you do 12 as an AP holder because it's not tied to the length of your resort stay, but tied to your ticket. And for now, they are letting AP holders book 7 max. But I don't know that.

And it is a rolling window, so after one day you could book another day's worth, etc.
thanks....lem'me get this straight.....so its 7days max at the 60 day mark. Then while I am there, I would need to book days 8-12 one day at a time? so after day 1, I would only be able to book day 8, after day 2, then day 9, etc?

Holy major wedgie batman! I am not happy about this. Way to reward long-stay visitors?!?!

Editing to add this (and sorry if I'm taking this off topic)....just doing some research and came to this blog

quote:
An attentive CM also suggested taking a photograph of the kiosk screen, since Annual Passholders can’t use the My Disney Experience app’s FastPass+ function. As it turns out, that isn’t entirely true; your FastPass+ selections can’t be changed via the app, but you can view them through the “My Plans” tab.

So as AP holders we can't even access the FP+ part of MDE and I will need to stand in line at the Kiosks to add any FP+s past the 7 days?????

If anyone has a link to a full AP/FP+ thread here please point me to it so i can stop mucking up this one

Last edited by glvsav37; 01-24-2014 at 01:21 PM.
glvsav37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #21
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glvsav37 View Post

thanks....lem'me get this straight.....so its 7days max at the 60 day mark. Then while I am there, I would need to book days 8-12 one day at a time? so after day 1, I would only be able to book day 8, after day 2, then day 9, etc?

Holy major wedgie batman! I am not happy about this. Way to reward long-stay visitors?!?!

Editing to add this (and sorry if I'm taking this off topic)....just doing some research and came to this blog

quote:
An attentive CM also suggested taking a photograph of the kiosk screen, since Annual Passholders can’t use the My Disney Experience app’s FastPass+ function. As it turns out, that isn’t entirely true; your FastPass+ selections can’t be changed via the app, but you can view them through the “My Plans” tab.

So as AP holders we can't even access the FP+ part of MDE and I will need to stand in line at the Kiosks to add any FP+s past the 7 days?????

If anyone has a link to a full AP/FP+ thread here please point me to it so i can stop mucking up this one
Only pass holders without a magic band would need to use the kiosks. I can use the app and website no issue as an AP holder with a magic band. I am limited to 7 days of bookings.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #22
Wcpedorc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Will this work? We prefer off-site for the extra room and getting a kitchen. I thought about getting a 1 night ressie for our first night, then moving to Bonnet Creek for the rest of our vacation. Will I still be able to make FP+ selections for the remaining days?
Doing the same thing for February, one night onsite with my sisters expiring dvc points gets the 4 of us bands (the rest have them) and we have linked our tickets and made our fp+ selections for the whole trip. Luckily less than 7 days worth since I have an ap. we get one awesome night at akv savannah view studio, and the rest in our big place offsite.
Wcpedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #23
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfknight View Post
Do you mean you are going to spend one night at a Disney resort and then move to the Dolphin, or are you planning one night at the Dolphin and then moving somewhere else?

As far as I know the Swan and Dolphin guests aren't yet eligible for MagicBands, right?
One day at BC then 5 days at the Dolphin.

I'm flexible, I have until 5 days before to cancel. If it doesn't work, I'll just keep the Dolphin ressie and move on.

Or, book onsite like Disney wants me to!
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #24
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Only pass holders without a magic band would need to use the kiosks. I can use the app and website no issue as an AP holder with a magic band. I am limited to 7 days of bookings.
OK...just called and got a semi-helpful CM.

Told him my situation and he said that new guidelines/updates just came out, and he seemed to be reading directly from a manual:

As AP holders, you can book FP+'s for up to 7 days OR the length of your resort stay—which ever is longer.

So it appears that this issue is being resolved..I hope. I am going to call back and speak to another CM later today and see if I get the same answer.
phew!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #25
jco_direwolf
DIS Veteran

The other night I booked FP+ with my ap without a room reservation for March.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #26
roobug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNJWDW View Post
I thought it was 60 days from check in and then you could book FP+ the same number of days of your ticket? Not 60 days from each day of park entry.
It used to be that once you were not staying on site it was 60 days from each day of park entry. I'm curious to see if you were able to book more today?
roobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #27
tlwfun89
Mouseketeer

I am an AP holder and cannot book anything but on the days we are onsite at the resort. So how are people booking otherwise and not being onsite?
tlwfun89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #28
tlwfun89
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco_direwolf View Post
The other night I booked FP+ with my ap without a room reservation for March.
Mine will not allow this. How is yours allowing it
tlwfun89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: