Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 12:59 AM   #1
wdwfreak
Mouseketeer

Josh is the voice of reason on FP+

Any of you familiar with Josh and easyWDW.com know that he is funny, insightful, sarcastic, and, during these uncertain (and mostly negative) FP+ times, the voice of reason. He tried the MK out with FP+ and, if you scroll down to the bottom of the piece (although I highly recommend you read the whole thing) you may feel a bit better about your upcoming trip. I know I do. We need Josh in times like these. Read on...

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ss/#more-12783

WDW Trips:
Summer 1974 FW * Summer 1977 FW * Summer 1979 FW * June 1990 FW * August 1991 FW * August 1995 FW * February 1998 ASMu * August 1999 POR * February 2001 POR * May 2001 VWL * October 2001 POR * January 2002 VWL * October 2002 ASMu * September 2003 ASMu/CS * February 2004 BWV * January 2005 OKW * May 2005 Pop * December 2005 VWL * April 2006 ASMu * May 2007 ASMo * May 2008 OKW * October 2008 Off * January 2009 Pop/VWL * April 2009 Off * August 2009 ASMu * February 2010 Off * April 2011 Off * September 2011 Pop * January 2013 AKV * March 2014 AoA/AKV

"That's my popcorn!"
wdwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:33 AM   #2
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

Way to go Josh!

My favorite quote from his post: "These are strange times."
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

Wow, a voice of reason in uncertain times. Maybe he should consider running for public office.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
karenklo
DIS Veteran

We were there for NYE for a week and loved FP+. No more running across the park to get a piece of paper! WE used RD to our advantage when we needed it. But is we felt like sleeping in, then we could and know that our FP+ were already in place! Reading Josh's plan is just what we did. FP+ later in the day and RD the rides in the am. Had no issues! I would like more than 3 and I hate the tiers. I understand at EP the need due to too few rides, so we just RD Soarin and FP TT. Josh at least showed what is possible.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #5
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Apparently some people think FP+ is the sign of the apocalypse. People need to chill, it's WDW and there has always been waiting involved at WDW.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
PlayaMan
Mouseketeer

Enjoyed Josh's observations. I especially liked this part in the comment section:

Quote:
Joanie January 21, 2014 at 11:15 pm
Quote: “Meeting characters as a single adult male at 8am on a Saturday is extraordinarily awkward.” Can’t you just tell the princesses you are a somewhat infamous blogger and millions of people infatuated with the Dis Boards are depending on you to do all their thinking for them?

josh January 21, 2014 at 11:22 pm
I feel like that goes without saying.
PlayaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #7
sunkissed4
Mouseketeer

Loved reading his report. We were there the same day, but didn't get there until 8:45 after our breakfast ADR and were only able to get half of his list done.

For MK I think RD is more important than ever with FP+, especially during the busy days.

His pictures with the princesses are hilarious! Thanks for posting OP.

AP holders who can't get enough Disney!
sunkissed4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:10 AM   #8
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Different people will draw different things from this report but, if nothing else, everyone should look at the conclusion:

Touring with FP+ is different. But different isn’t always worse. The three FP+ cap at Magic Kingdom is limiting. There is no getting around that, but there are positive takeaways too. It was really nice being able to walk into Enchanted Tales in the afternoon with a FP+ reservation made earlier that day – something that wasn’t possible before. I accomplished everything I wanted to that morning with virtually no waits, even with people being able to schedule FP+ first thing in the morning. The only thing I wasn’t able to do was run around Magic Kingdom collecting paper FASTPASSes to re-ride a couple attractions later in the afternoon. Is one less re-ride going to keep you away from Walt Disney World? Is it worth stressing over? Is the world ending because you find yourself on a relaxing Liberty Square Riverboat ride instead of huffing and puffing back to Big Thunder Mountain to ride for the third time that day? This is your own business. But I can assure you that it’s going to be all right.

If this doesn't provide assurance to people with trips coming in the near future, when crowds figure to be lower until President's Day, nothing will.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #9
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfreak View Post
Any of you familiar with Josh and easyWDW.com know that he is funny, insightful, sarcastic, and, during these uncertain (and mostly negative) FP+ times, the voice of reason. He tried the MK out with FP+ and, if you scroll down to the bottom of the piece (although I highly recommend you read the whole thing) you may feel a bit better about your upcoming trip. I know I do. We need Josh in times like these. Read on...

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ss/#more-12783
If I want to read Josh's review and opinions I will go to his site.
And I do
Old 01-22-2014, 07:15 AM   #10
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

I appreciated all the detailed information. Although that was an 8 a.m. opening, I am hoping RD will continue to be excellent touring time.

Those are some strange wait times. The mountains are not that long, while others are surprisingly long. PotC is only five minutes shorter than the Space Mtn line and longer than Jungle Cruise? That part is not reassuring.
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:18 AM   #11
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I'm a FP+ fan, but I think this guy is overly optimistic. All those pictures of an empty park? This is not going to be the typical experience.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #12
ckelly14
Lurker

I last went to MK last Feb, and I think Josh's experience in the early morning is exactly the same as mine. I came at RD for a 9 AM opening and did walk on PP and Little Mermaid. I headed to Frontierland, I remember standing in the long walkway on my way to BTMR and it was COMPLETELY empty at 10 AM. So, no, I don't think he is being overly optimistic.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #13
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

No matter how bad FP+ ends up it isn't the plague or famine. It will be ok. No one will die as a result. Worst case scenario? The about 1% of the planet that goes to Walt Disney World will have to wait in a few lines. Won't someone think of the children?!?!

I have never seen a bigger outcry over something so small in the grand scheme of life. If Disney ever does something that makes me not want to go I will....just not go. I'm optimistic that my trip in February will be great, FP+ or no FP+.

Last edited by FireDancer; 01-22-2014 at 08:00 AM.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #14
JillShari
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this....

the last time we went in 2009, we had one 3.5 year old and we only got two fastpasses the entire trip. We knew we needed a Toy Story one and then we got a Peter Pan one which wasn't needed...

I guess it depends on your touring style if you really utilized the paper FP system or not as to whether this greatly affects you.

AND... this was showing us what one of the busiest days looked like.... so it looks like everything will be fine.
JillShari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #15
Minnie222
Mouseketeer

Such an interesting read in the morning.

LOL when he said he meets Rapunzel at 8am is awkward. I agree. One must LOVE a princess to run straight to her at 8am.

I never thought about the noise factor at the Meet and Greet lines. This is a great tip.

It is also great to see all those "10 minute wait time" sign there. To me, it doesn't look realistic as I often see "50 minute" when I was there.
Minnie222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: