Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 03:25 AM   #16
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Thanks All
Do I understand correctly that YC and Beach Club are a bit closer to the International Gateway than the Boardwalk? I will be with my parents and my father already said he can't wait to visit Morocco, so maybe we will eat at Tangerine (or whatever it's called) and my mother is a huge ice cream fan - France, here we come!
Thanks again, I knew I would get help here

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051

Last edited by HermanTriplets+1; 01-22-2014 at 03:31 AM.
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #17
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Since you are coming from the MK, take the bus from the MK to the YC/BC and get off at the BC stop. Enter the resort, turn left, walk through the resort's main lobby, past the Marketplace (gift shop/CS venue), past the Sandcastle Club, turn right and down the hall to the exit, go around the quiet pool and laundry, out to the walkway, turn left and follow the path to the IG. This is ideal if you are there on a hot or humid day and want to take advantage of the AC. The simpler route is to enter the resort, go straight through and out the doors towards Crescent Lake, turn left on the pathway and follow it to the IG.

Here's a link to the YC/BC map:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/yachbeachmap.htm
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #18
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

We really enjoy eating at Boulangerie Patisserie which serves lovely sweet and savoury food and definitely nice latté.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #19
stormer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDetective View Post
We really enjoy eating at Boulangerie Patisserie which serves lovely sweet and savoury food and definitely nice latté.
I agree. We have lunch there at least once every trip!
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #20
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDetective View Post
Just in case anyone goes looking for it, the Boulangerie Patisserie has changed its name and moved locations. Now it is Les Halles Boulangerie and Patisserie and is located inside the building at the exit to the Impressions de France movie. The original Boulangerie location is now the ice cream and sorbet shop, L'Artisan de Glaces.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #21
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Hi friends, thought I'd give you the update after my trip!
First of all, we had an amazing three days, despite cold and wet weather! The transfer from MK to Epcot went very smoothly. We took the bus from MK to the Beach Club Resort, walked straight through and out to the Boardwalk, turned left and soon found the entrance to Epcot via the International Gateway. Maybe total of 10 minutes from bus to entrance. We had lunch in Morroco at the Tangierine Cafe - counter service. It was cold and rainy so we sat inside, had a nice cozy table at the back of the restaurant. Got sauteed chicken wrapped in a big "laffa" pita bread with salad and cucumber yogurt sauce. It was good!
Then we went to France ( Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie) for coffee, followed by Norway for dessert (school bread!).
We had a great afternoon at the World Showcase - thank you for your helpful hints!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #22
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I would eat at one of the International QS in World Showcase. We like the Fish& Chips in the UK, the bakery in France, Katsura Grille in Japan, Sommerfest in Germany and La Cantina in Mexico. All are better than the options on the Boardwalk in our opinion.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #23
bostonminnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Hi friends, thought I'd give you the update after my trip!
First of all, we had an amazing three days, despite cold and wet weather! The transfer from MK to Epcot went very smoothly. We took the bus from MK to the Beach Club Resort, walked straight through and out to the Boardwalk, turned left and soon found the entrance to Epcot via the International Gateway. Maybe total of 10 minutes from bus to entrance. We had lunch in Morroco at the Tangierine Cafe - counter service. It was cold and rainy so we sat inside, had a nice cozy table at the back of the restaurant. Got sauteed chicken wrapped in a big "laffa" pita bread with salad and cucumber yogurt sauce. It was good!
Then we went to France ( Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie) for coffee, followed by Norway for dessert (school bread!).
We had a great afternoon at the World Showcase - thank you for your helpful hints!
Glad to hear that it went well! Sounds like you had a delicious afternoon

bostonminnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: