Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #16
jpdeg99
Mouseketeer

Deb - I have a question I can't find answered anywhere - did you notice, especially in MK, whether the old non-FP rides now "require" FP+? Such as, IASW, PoTC? Or have these rides been pretty much unaffected?

My girls love small world, but I cannot wrap my mind around getting a FP for it.

And thanks in advance!
jpdeg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #17
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdeg99 View Post
Deb - I have a question I can't find answered anywhere - did you notice, especially in MK, whether the old non-FP rides now "require" FP+? Such as, IASW, PoTC? Or have these rides been pretty much unaffected?
I was there the same time as Deb, and I can tell you that the attractions that had short lines before still had short lines. As long as the total number of people stays more or less the same, that's going to be the thing that matters the most.

the one exception to my observation was that for the first time ever, I actually had to wait in the outer holding area for Philharmagic. But that was likely just a one-off thing, like a large group having arrived all at once for the show before me, or the attraction being short-staffed. The show I was in had the usual fairly sparse crowd.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #18
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylmac View Post
Was there alot of space at OKW? We are bringing my daughter and 3 of her friends plus ourselves (me, DH, and DS) so I am looking at a 2 bedroom at OKW vs BLT (our home resort). I know it takes fewer points at OKW and you don't have the monorail but there might be more space at OKW which I like the idea of (think 4 16 year old girls-yikes). We have only stayed at a studio in OKW and enjoyed the space that it provided our family of 4. We love BLT for the convenience as well as the space from a 1 bedroom that we usually get.
Thank you and glad you got to enjoy Disney with your older kids.
Elizabeth
Stayed recently at OKW 2br with 6 adults and it was VERY spacious. You will love it! Only problem is 4 16 yr old girls sharing one bathroom Maybe you can let your daughter use yours Enjoy and have fun .

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #19
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
Our trips overlapped by a few days.

Did you try using the kiosks to get same-day FP+ reservations beyond your pre-arranged ones? At the moment, that seems to be a question that needs some research.
I had the same question - I approached a CM at the FP+ kiosk outside of Test Track.

The answer was no, you can only get 3 per day, even if you have used your pre-booked ones that day.

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #20
Deb in IA

Quote:

My girls love small world, but I cannot wrap my mind around getting a FP for it.

And thanks in advance!
Yes, as cigar says, the only things that had huge lines (60+ minutes) were the ones that traditionally had them - Soarin', Toy Story Mania, Test Track, etc.

Peter Pan has had long wait times in the past, so we had a FP+ for that.
Little/no waits for us for IASW, Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic.

For our 3 FP+ for Magic Kingdom, we got Peter Pan, PoTC, and Barnstormer. We had already done Space Mountian, Buzz Lightyear and Big Thunder on a previous day, and Splash Mountian is down for rehab now.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #21
jpdeg99
Mouseketeer

Thanks Deb & Cigar. That helps, and I'll continue to plan to use fp+ on the big rides only.
jpdeg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #22
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Welcome back, Deb.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #23
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Thanks for the follow-up Deb! Sounds like a great trip
Micca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #24
Deb in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Welcome back, Deb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
Thanks for the follow-up Deb! Sounds like a great trip
Thanks, Dan and Micca, some of my long-time DIS pals!

Dan, we connected through O'Hare again. Always an iffy proposition this time of year with the type of winter we've been having, but luckily, everything went smoothly.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #25
btk2333
BCV DVC owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Thanks, Dan and Micca, some of my long-time DIS pals!

Dan, we connected through O'Hare again. Always an iffy proposition this time of year with the type of winter we've been having, but luckily, everything went smoothly.
Deb- do you fly out of CR? We're flying out of Moline through Chicago on Friday- keeping fingers crossed for good luck traveling!
btk2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #26
Deb in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk2333 View Post
Deb- do you fly out of CR? We're flying out of Moline through Chicago on Friday- keeping fingers crossed for good luck traveling!
Hi btk2333!

We've flown from Cedar Rapids, Moline, Des Moines, and even St. Louis in the past, depending on prices and number of connections.
I miss having Air Tran fly out of Moline - loved those direct flights!

This time, we went out of CR on United. We were on the 5:40 AM (UGH!) flight!!! We were to have a 1 hour 45 min layover in O'Hare, but we had to wait for de-icing. Luckily, we still made it with about an hour before the next flight.

Yes, good luck with traveling! On our flight to Orlando, we spoke with a young couple who went to school at Iowa (they saw our sweatshirts with the Hawkeye logo). They live in Appleton, WI now, and their first segment, from Appleton to O'Hare was canceled without any notification! They managed to drive to Chicago that night, so they didn't miss the flight to Florida, but that must have been un-nerving!

Old 01-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #27
btk2333
BCV DVC owner

Quote:
Hi btk2333!

We've flown from Cedar Rapids, Moline, Des Moines, and even St. Louis in the past, depending on prices and number of connections.
I miss having Air Tran fly out of Moline - loved those direct flights!

This time, we went out of CR on United. We were on the 5:40 AM (UGH!) flight!!! We were to have a 1 hour 45 min layover in O'Hare, but we had to wait for de-icing. Luckily, we still made it with about an hour before the next flight.

Yes, good luck with traveling! On our flight to Orlando, we spoke with a young couple who went to school at Iowa (they saw our sweatshirts with the Hawkeye logo). They live in Appleton, WI now, and their first segment, from Appleton to O'Hare was canceled without any notification! They managed to drive to Chicago that night, so they didn't miss the flight to Florida, but that must have been un-nerving!
Iowa fans are everywhere- DW and I graduated from Iowa, just moved back home to Bettendorf- we definitely miss the food in Iowa City! We are on the early morning United flight MLI-ORD. We've got about a 2 hour layover too so hopefully that gives us some wiggle room if we have to de-ice!
btk2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #28
mrsltg
The TF wishes you happier days ahead!
Seriously - you may as well drip dry as try to get by with one square!
Miss Sneaker Pants

Quote:
Deb - I have a question I can't find answered anywhere - did you notice, especially in MK, whether the old non-FP rides now "require" FP+? Such as, IASW, PoTC? Or have these rides been pretty much unaffected? My girls love small world, but I cannot wrap my mind around getting a FP for it. And thanks in advance!
We were at WDW in early January (week AFTER New Year's week), and Jungle Cruise had an 80 minute wait while Pirates was running at a 60 minute wait. Those two wait times did surprise me. I don't know if it was related to FP+ or what, but they were atypical waits for what should be a fairly uncrowded time.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #29
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
....Dan, we connected through O'Hare again. Always an iffy proposition this time of year with the type of winter we've been having, but luckily, everything went smoothly.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: