Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #286
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥
 
momof2n2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post

This is absolute crap ...

Pick a point in the comments, randomly. I just clicked the "show more comments" and read the first 30 comments 23 negative, 7 neutral (didn't express positive or negative feelings about FP+) 1 Positive.

That's of 1000 comments, so at that ratio 766 negative COMMENTS. Not saying this ratio would hold out overall ... still and interesting snap shot, and totally random.

Anyone who has a clue about "facebook activism" would be familiar with the fact that the threshold for people to "like" something, is far lower than even to "comment" on sometime.

There also is no "dislike" button, so you are using an expression of "positive feedback" where no equal option for "negative feedback" exists.

Its also rather telling that so few people are actually chiming in with positive experiences while so many are with negative experiences. Particularly ON A FAN SITE.

What do you expect to find on a site, dedicated to FANs of Disney world ?
Amen
Like
&
Ditto
__________________
Stacy and fam - Me42DH44 DS14 DS12 DD10 DD8 DD4 DD1
MANY trips to FL!
MANY days at WDW parks.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #287
Laketravis
FP+ is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way - which one's Pink?
 
Laketravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
That's of 1000 comments, so at that ratio 766 negative COMMENTS. Not saying this ratio would hold out overall ... still and interesting snap shot, and totally random.
I'd say your ratio holds up pretty well - I just looked at their FB page and the "Reviews" window had four posts highlighted - three of them negative. 75%

Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #288
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥
 
momof2n2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie View Post

It is now, for some of us it's reached a tipping point. The straw that broke the camel's back. Pick your idiom. So I think that this, combined with some of the other ongoing issues they have, are starting to hurt their business model, as you put it.

Of course there have been issues, always. We've certainly had the odd problem over the years, and it's usually been fixed with alacrity and good humor. However...

I can tell you that the 9 day trip we took a few weeks back was, bar NONE, the worst experience we have ever had at Disney. Judging from the long lines of people at the front desk having same and similar issues, it wasn't just us, either.

It was bad enough that we cancelled our two upcoming onsite trips, are letting our APs lapse, and we now have no future trips planned for WDW for the first time in many years. We are going to Universal for a week in September, and Yosemite and Jackson Hole in 2015; we will not set foot on WDW property again until we are somewhat assured that service has improved. I'll never say never, but I don't expect to be staying on that property again until at least 2016. And we have been a 2-3 trip per year family.

It wasn't just the broken tech itself. We had a lot of poor service. Worse than we have ever experienced at the WDW resort. Multiple times during the week we got to the point where we left property entirely. We almost checked out 2 days early. A fair amount of that poor service was because CMs were just overwhelmed and tired and not paying enough attention, partly because of the broken tech, and partly because service has been on a downhill road there for a while. (For example, we have experienced some rude and some extremely inattentive servers in the restaurants our last two trips, and that never ever used to happen. We used to love eating out at WDW.)
We, too, have pulled out of our five WDW days planned for our May trip to FL. The tipping point was reached for us. I'm still reading here on and off to see what becomes of offsite guests.
__________________
Stacy and fam - Me42DH44 DS14 DS12 DD10 DD8 DD4 DD1
MANY trips to FL!
MANY days at WDW parks.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #289
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
According to the T-Mobile web site, my smart phone does not have the capability. So not all android devices apparently can.
That stinks. You should join the Apple world then .
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:27 PM   #290
YetanotherMouseFan
Mouseketeer
 
YetanotherMouseFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 276

What about all us Neanderthals who do NOT have smartphones? (DH is too cheap to pay for a data plan). If we want to change our plans, we are doomed. We are hoping that it works, but not holding our breath. They have gotta get with more FP's available than 3...unless they're trying to go back to tiering the entire system? I still have a book of the old A B C D E tickets somewhere...
__________________
A bad day at WDW beats a good day just about anywhere else.

WL 3-14
POLY 8-11
POFQ 5-10
CR 12-09
WL 2-09
POR 11-08
And too many more to list!

YetanotherMouseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:06 AM   #291
Bluegrrl
Mouseketeer
 
Bluegrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Posts: 386

Hmm..

All this FP+ stuff reminded me of a recent Stephen Colbert quote: "Innovation. It used to have to mean something."

Last edited by Bluegrrl; 01-25-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Bluegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:45 AM   #292
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.
 
Mad Hattered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Down in a Hole
Posts: 4,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
That stinks. You should join the Apple world then .
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...NO!
__________________
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:57 AM   #293
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.
 
Mad Hattered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Down in a Hole
Posts: 4,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
This is absolute crap ...

Pick a point in the comments, randomly. I just clicked the "show more comments" and read the first 30 comments 23 negative, 7 neutral (didn't express positive or negative feelings about FP+) 1 Positive.

That's of 1000 comments, so at that ratio 766 negative COMMENTS. Not saying this ratio would hold out overall ... still and interesting snap shot, and totally random.

Anyone who has a clue about "facebook activism" would be familiar with the fact that the threshold for people to "like" something, is far lower than even to "comment" on sometime.

There also is no "dislike" button, so you are using an expression of "positive feedback" where no equal option for "negative feedback" exists.

Its also rather telling that so few people are actually chiming in with positive experiences while so many are with negative experiences. Particularly ON A FAN SITE.

What do you expect to find on a site, dedicated to FANs of Disney world ?


But then again...Facebook only represents a small percentage of the people who visit WDW. If one was to extrapolate the data, then one might also find that 4 out 5 Proctologists also find this move is full of POOP.
__________________
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:04 AM   #294
rastuso
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetanotherMouseFan View Post
What about all us Neanderthals who do NOT have smartphones? (DH is too cheap to pay for a data plan). If we want to change our plans, we are doomed. We are hoping that it works, but not holding our breath. They have gotta get with more FP's available than 3...unless they're trying to go back to tiering the entire system? I still have a book of the old A B C D E tickets somewhere...
You will be getting three FP+

That is all

-jason
rastuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:30 AM   #295
Pooksie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastuso View Post
You will be getting three FP+

That is all

-jason
And the world is flat..

You have to look at the bigger picture and look down the road. The FP+ system is made to be monetized. If i'm correct, then soon Disney will start selling additional FP+ reservations by tier for a fee. So if you want to ride another tier one ride in a park, you just purchase another FP+ reservation for you and the people in your party if applicable. In my mind, that's the reason for the whole 3 per day and the tiered rides at the parks. It's incentive to make people consider purchasing additional FP+ reservations.

It's the old made new again. They've taken the old ticket book system and are remaking it as a new digital a la carte ticketing system. You get a base of 3, and will, imo, be able to purchase more. The buffet that was FP- will simply be replaced by the digital a la carte system that is FP+.

Disney has decided that people are willing to spend a little more for convenience and to cater their vacation to their touring style. Now that FP- is gone from all of the parks, I believe it's the next step, but time will tell...
Pooksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:27 AM   #296
magicbob
DIS Veteran
 
magicbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I think a program that makes a situation better for many over the wants of few is a good plan.
__________________


Ratatouille, the Ride!


magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:50 AM   #297
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.
 
Mad Hattered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Down in a Hole
Posts: 4,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooksie View Post
And the world is flat..
Even though the "World" IS "flat" doesn't mean that there aren't elevations in and around it. It reminds me of one of those times I stepped off the pavement. As much as I tried, I couldn't quite picture a Mouse, as much as I did a Dinosaur. Then I remembered that movie that started with a helicopter flying through that valley...



When it reality, it looks like this...

(Garden of Eden)

Then you have to park hop from Maui to the Na Pali coast of Kauai to actually get the Soarin' experience of the copter flying through the valley...



Damn! That was like Magic and stuff!

I hope that I am not personally responsible for the downfall of FP-. I know me and hordes of others here on the DIS who make up a small percentage of a the big picture (irony 101) are blamed for the downfall, therefore making hordes of other people's life much easier (you have no idea we just stole your wallet).

Now, I am not proud of depriving people who slept till noon, their chance at a FP-. I realize I was the root of all evil. So much so, that I formed our unused ones into the form of eggs to recreate a scene from Jurassic Park...



I felt extremely guilty thinking about a Universal movie after I had just visited Disneyland. I mean seriously...what kind of person was I? Then I rented a 4 wheel drive, drove 4 hours through a jungle...to get to one spot...





Now if you zoom in behind me, miles away, you will notice a tiny helicopter in the backround behind me...



Word on the street is that those pilots hate FP+ as well. Who knew?
__________________
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #298
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetanotherMouseFan View Post
What about all us Neanderthals who do NOT have smartphones? (DH is too cheap to pay for a data plan). If we want to change our plans, we are doomed. ...
Meh - My wife and I both have smart phones. We hated the app so much that we rebooked FP+ at the kiosks. It really wasn't a big deal. Too bad we didn't think of it until we struggled with the app for a few hours.

My point - you do not need smart phones, and right now they just aren't that helpful with respect FP+. At some point they might be - if Disney fixes the app.
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #299
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
That stinks. You should join the Apple world then .
Just not my style. And I really don't like what adding the price of a high end phone does to the cost of a Disney trip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooksie View Post
And the world is flat..

You have to look at the bigger picture and look down the road. The FP+ system is made to be monetized. If i'm correct, then soon Disney will start selling additional FP+ reservations by tier for a fee. So if you want to ride another tier one ride in a park, you just purchase another FP+ reservation for you and the people in your party if applicable. In my mind, that's the reason for the whole 3 per day and the tiered rides at the parks. It's incentive to make people consider purchasing additional FP+ reservations.

It's the old made new again. They've taken the old ticket book system and are remaking it as a new digital a la carte ticketing system. You get a base of 3, and will, imo, be able to purchase more. The buffet that was FP- will simply be replaced by the digital a la carte system that is FP+.

Disney has decided that people are willing to spend a little more for convenience and to cater their vacation to their touring style. Now that FP- is gone from all of the parks, I believe it's the next step, but time will tell...
I have been back and forth on this selling of FP thing. I still just strongly believe that they don't have the capacity to do it.

But then I read that thread on the rumors board, from a pretty reliable poster. And I gave the whole matter more thought. And I'm pretty sure if that does play out, then I'm done. Disney provides 3 Fps with a ticket. A year ago we got at LEAST 6 with each day of our ticket. If the rumor is true it would cost me $45 more per day just to get close to what we had before. That's more than 50% rise in ticket prices. And I'm guessing Disney will still raise prices in early June again. That just pushes it all too far. And I'd likely be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post



Magicbob, this board wouldn't be the same without you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post
Meh - My wife and I both have smart phones. We hated the app so much that we rebooked FP+ at the kiosks. It really wasn't a big deal. Too bad we didn't think of it until we struggled with the app for a few hours.

My point - you do not need smart phones, and right now they just aren't that helpful with respect FP+. At some point they might be - if Disney fixes the app.

I do think it's too early to know whether that approach is going to be a good one. It could be once they get all of their CMs fully trained. If it requires no more effort and time in line that getting a legacy FP, then fine. But it could also be that they pull back on kiosk staffing once they get past this initial period and lines only get worse. And there is lots of talk from people who had to keep checking back over the course of the day to get a FP slot for the ride they want. It's bad enough to have to keep doing that out in the park with a smart phone. But if you have to keep checking back via standing in line at a kiosk...... that just makes it a no-go in my book.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #300
rt2dz
DIS Veteran
 
rt2dz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 5,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie View Post
I think you ARE right. About YOUR trip and YOUR experience. We all get it - your room keys worked correctly, your service experience was excellent, you had no problems. Congratulations, I wish it had been us.
I agree. We got back a few days ago. While we had a great time, I have to say OUR experience with MBs and FP+ was far less than perfect. Our bands only worked 50-60% of the time. I think the app only worked 2 or 3 times out of dozens and dozens of attempts. Not a good experience for us.
__________________
**Signature blocker!
rt2dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: