Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
rastuso
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 472

For those who think only DISers hate FP+, check their Facebook page

Check out the comments on WDWs Facebook page, showing the first , very stupid, FP+ commercial. I would think there are some VERY nervous Disney execs, if they are paying attention.

https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyWorld?ref=ts&fref=ts

-Jason
rastuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #3
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,955

I don't think anyone ever said only DISers don't like FP+. That would just be silly.

But I'm glad that Disney is paying attention.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
rastuso
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
I don't think anyone ever said only DISers don't like FP+. That would just be silly. But I'm glad that Disney is paying attention.
Plenty on here keep saying only the small group of recovering FP abusers here on the DiS will care about the loss of fun. It's pretty clear from the comments that there are lots of upset folks. And most of the folks who loved it didn't use the final form.

-Jason
rastuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
ktlm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,991

That commercial is awful!

I think at the end when they were showing the kids each picking an attraction the Dad should have said- No, you can't both have the one you want because they are tiered so we can only pick one of those for the family to ride, and then it could have shown the kids start yelling at each other. Or even better have the siblings be about age 4 and 6, so that instead of just yelling at each other, they can both start crying and throwing fits that only one of them can do their favorite. That sounds much more like the reality of what happens when families are selecting their FP+ to me!

I have to say, I'm glad to see that the multitude of responses are mostly negative. We did not care for MDE/FP+ when we used it on our last trip, and for the first time in 7 years haven't booked a trip this year due to the current status of FP+ and the loss of regular FP(and we are onsite people- can't imagine how the offsite feel right now).

But..whose to say that all those FB posters aren't Disers.
ktlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #6
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastuso View Post
Plenty on here keep saying only the small group of recovering FP abusers here on the DiS will care about the loss of fun. It's pretty clear from the comments that there are lots of upset folks. And most of the folks who loved it didn't use the final form.

-Jason
No one has used the final form yet, since it's not in it's final form. So not sure what you're trying to say there.

Maybe it's how you interpret things, but from what I'm seeing, people are saying that the "super-users" or whatever term you want to apply here, are the ones that are upset. Not necessarily only super-users on the DIS. But to each their own interpretation I guess.

ETA... Myself, I think it's more than just super users. I myself am not happy about the limit of 3 and the tiers. But overall, I like the concept.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #7
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,890

Surprised at the negative feedback they are allowing to be posted.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Surprised at the negative feedback they are allowing to be posted.
LOL, I don't think they can keep up with it. Remember the last update they posted? Pages and pages of negative comments.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #9
MonorailCentral
Dreamer
 
MonorailCentral's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 172

As DIS is not the center of the Disney universe, I don't think anybody is under the impression that only DISers dislike FP+. Plenty of people dislike it all over. I'm not a fan, but I think people saying the kids can ride only one of their favorites are overdramatizing things. You can only pick one for FP+ (as far as some of the tiered headliners go), but there are opportunities to hit rides without long lines. Sometimes, one might have to wait a bit. We never used FP to a great extent, and I rarely waited more than 20 minutes for anything. The idea that without FP, you won't be able to ride favorites at all is a bit dramatic. That said, I'm not a fan of it, many people aren't, and the whole thing is being tinkered with all the time.
MonorailCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #10
ktlm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonorailCentral View Post
As DIS is not the center of the Disney universe, I don't think anybody is under the impression that only DISers dislike FP+. Plenty of people dislike it all over. I'm not a fan, but I think people saying the kids can ride only one of their favorites are overdramatizing things. You can only pick one for FP+ (as far as some of the tiered headliners go), but there are opportunities to hit rides without long lines. Sometimes, one might have to wait a bit. We never used FP to a great extent, and I rarely waited more than 20 minutes for anything. The idea that without FP, you won't be able to ride favorites at all is a bit dramatic. That said, I'm not a fan of it, many people aren't, and the whole thing is being tinkered with all the time.
I will give you that-- they CAN ride it- so maybe I was a little overdramatic in that regard. But I wouldn't say it is just waiting "a bit". For example, it is 11:00 a.m. right now at WDW on a day that is supposedly a 4 crowd level. Soarin is currently an 80 minute wait and Test Track is currently a 60 minute wait.

At Hollywood Studios, TSM is currently a 90 minute wait and RNRC is a 60 minute wait.

If that is the case on a low crowd day, I sure don't want to have to be riding any of those on standby.
ktlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #11
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran
 
Momtomouselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 749

I really love going to Disney but these new limits have me unable to pull the trigger on a new trip. I just keep thinking it might be worth it f I stay at a value or offsite but then I realize that I might dislike the waits and just spend more time at the resort so I should stay deluxe but deluxe is just too expensive for the current experience/state. Frustrating and undecided! My DH is now talking about spending spring break in the mountains, hiking, fishing, rafting..we will see. Might have to postpone until summer and see where things lie then.


Off to look at the FB page. Thanks for sharing.
Momtomouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #12
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The cold north
Posts: 734

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
That commercial is awful!

I think at the end when they were showing the kids each picking an attraction the Dad should have said- No, you can't both have the one you want because they are tiered so we can only pick one of those for the family to ride, and then it could have shown the kids start yelling at each other. Or even better have the siblings be about age 4 and 6, so that instead of just yelling at each other, they can both start crying and throwing fits that only one of them can do their favorite. That sounds much more like the reality of what happens when families are selecting their FP+ to me!
Or an older kid yelling that he wants the three mountains while little sister cries that she wants to meet all the princesses, and mom and dad decided to spend the day with the family split in half. Yay family vacations.

Many of the positive comments seem to say that it will be great, once Disney changes all the restrictions, or it was great when they were able to get FP+ for Soarin and TT or use both systems.

Note that Disney has also just posted "Learn how to be part of our FastPass+ test by staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel" (the linked page says eventually all will be able to use FP+ but does not say all will be able to pre-book) and "Move over Mickey, the Disney Resort hotels have taken over our Facebook Page! Stay tuned all week as we showcase the magic of staying at Disney!"

Last edited by KatieCharlotte; 01-21-2014 at 10:24 AM.
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #13
JanaDee
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,985

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
LOL, I don't think they can keep up with it. Remember the last update they posted? Pages and pages of negative comments.
They eventually just deleted that status update due to all the negative comments.

I'm assuming this one will end up the same.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran
 
Momtomouselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 749

I wonder if that page is getting hit pretty hard. Every time I try to watch the commercial my ipad locks up or it closes out.
Momtomouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #15
JaimeA
Mouseketeer
 
JaimeA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 331

This is my favorite response on the facebook post

"Can I "lock in" something of actual essence to be built in WDW within the next ten years?"
__________________


JaimeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: