Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #46
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
Is WiFi decent in the parks in order to use the App for making FP+ selections when the kiosk lines are long? I've also heard some state the App showed no FP's available but the kiosk did.

The slowness of getting FP's at kiosks seems like a huge downer. Paper FP's took only few seconds. Didn't have to sit at the machine to make decisions and wait.
I had NO luck using the App in the parks in December, even through the in park WiFi. We tried multiple times to change FPs from our phones, and it never worked for us. The only place the MDE App worked was in the hotel room via the Pop Century WiFi. Granted, we only tried to use the app in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot - no luck in either park.
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #47
nugov2
DIS Veteran

I would think all off site would book at least one night at a value to get access to FP+ for their trip. It is well worth the $100, but honestly it is still a mess. I guess it at least helps you avoid the kiosk.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #48
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy View Post
I had NO luck using the App in the parks in December, even through the in park WiFi. We tried multiple times to change FPs from our phones, and it never worked for us. The only place the MDE App worked was in the hotel room via the Pop Century WiFi. Granted, we only tried to use the app in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot - no luck in either park.
That's too bad. We used the app in December and I never once had a problem. I switched a ton of Fast Passes on the fly when they didn't work for us.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #49
wen8jr
DIS Veteran

I think we all knew there would be long waits at the kiosks due to the nature of the FP+ app...but still...just wow. Why in the world wouldn't they anticipate this and triple their efforts to get CMs trained and people signed up.

And these lines are related to FP+ rollout no matter how you slice and dice it, scanner issues or no and IMO completely unacceptable.
wen8jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #50
gdg76
Earning My Ears

I posted in the MK thread, but I too will not go through that again.

There was no significant time savings in standby queues, limit of 3 is crazy (we pulled at least 5-6 per day and didn't try that hard). CMs are clueless, took twice as long to get in, fastpass lines which used to be non existent are now 10-15 minutes just to get past the initial scanner.

Even if they extend pre-book to offsite, I will only do 3-4 days at Disney, and I'm highly considering other destinations.

I can't believe they spent money to take a beautiful, simple system and put in this debacle.
gdg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #51
crazymomof4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
Unless nobody complains about it. Then they'd think it was a success.
We are going in Sept. (staying onsite) I am HOPING that people DO complain and necessary changes are put in action to remedy the problems described here and on other disboard threads.

So, to those who take the time to describe your bad experiences here on disboards, please also send this feedback to WDW, where it can really count!!

I wish I could be a fly on the wall and hear what the big WDW execs are saying about how this FP+ thing is working (or not working). I wonder if it's like, "Well, this was expected, it will take some time to polish it to perfection" or is it, "OMG! What did we DO?!?!?"

9 nights. First time in a Deluxe for us!
crazymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #52
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post

No, that isn't right. There should be an annunciator or status board available in the queue showing what is still available. That shouldn't be difficult, all the components needed to accomplish that are already there. It just illustrates a severe lack of planning.

Sad, so sad. It's a sad sad situation.....and it's getting more absurd.
It should be like the movie theaters that show which showings are sold out so you know before you get in line whether you want to buy tickets or not.

I've see many pictures this weekend of the kiosks at MK and each line is more ridiculous than the last. It seems unbelievable to me that Disney had no idea how these setups at the kiosk would go once they removed legacy FP.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #53
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymomof4 View Post
We are going in Sept. (staying onsite) I am HOPING that people DO complain and necessary changes are put in action to remedy the problems described here and on other disboard threads.

So, to those who take the time to describe your bad experiences here on disboards, please also send this feedback to WDW, where it can really count!!

I wish I could be a fly on the wall and hear what the big WDW execs are saying about how this FP+ thing is working (or not working). I wonder if it's like, "Well, this was expected, it will take some time to polish it to perfection" or is it, "OMG! What did we DO?!?!?"
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #54
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Wow. Who would have seen this coming...on a moderate level crowd no less? Thanks so much for the report!

Mesa, I like the cut of your jib...

Old 01-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #55
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

We experienced a FP return line this long at BTMR during one of our previous trips. The ride was down and people were hanging around to waiting to use their fastpasses.

Wonder if this was the case today as well.

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #56
johde
DIS Veteran

I will say, that first picture if why I think off site guests will eventually get to book using the app or their computer, probably in advance. Hopefully over time and with some experience, the FP return lines will go quicker as well.

If you knew how to take advantage of it, Disney gave you "compensation" for the inconveniences of the day. The park is open from 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. for Day Guests. Last year it was 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. That's the type of park hours they run at Christmas to New Years when the parks look like this:

Although if you can wait until midnight on a 9-10 crowd day you can have a park that looks like this

Everyone who fought with the crowds all day has gone home and you can practically walk onto Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle etc.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #57
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Wow. Who would have seen this coming...on a moderate level crowd no less? Thanks so much for the report!

Mesa, I like the cut of your jib...

I brought him out to indicate that the tap-dance floor had just opened.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #58
s3ver1na
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
Do you mean 20 minutes to get on the ride, or 20 minutes to get past the first scanner? If the latter, how much longer did it take to get boarded?

Was there still a steady line even after you got past the scanner?
It was 20 total, but on Monday we zipped right in with legacy, maybe 10 mins tops. Also, counting the time it took to get to the fp+ kiosk and the line and confusion there, it took a lot longer all in all. Friday was terrible. We got there at 1:30pm because it wss our last day and we wanted to take it easy, only to get to ride 3 rides. One of which we had to wait 75 minutes (SM). Madness and confusion everywhere and it was obvious that folks were upset and CMs were confused.
s3ver1na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #59
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johde View Post
I will say, that first picture if why I think off site guests will eventually get to book using the app or their computer, probably in advance. Hopefully over time and with some experience, the FP return lines will go quicker as well.

If you knew how to take advantage of it, Disney gave you "compensation" for the inconveniences of the day. The park is open from 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. for Day Guests. Last year it was 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. That's the type of park hours they run at Christmas to New Years when the parks look like this:

Although if you can wait until midnight on a 9-10 crowd day you can have a park that looks like this

Everyone who fought with the crowds all day has gone home and you can practically walk onto Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle etc.
I'm sure that's a relief to all the toddlers out there today.

Last edited by mesaboy2; 01-19-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #60
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I brought him out to indicate that the tap-dance floor had just opened.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: