Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #121
rootbeerkid
Did I hear a young noise blast through here? It was just wormie on another rampage.

Deja Vu All Over Again?

Maybe instead of 3 tiers, there will eventually be 5 tiers. Maybe those tiers will be renamed to be A, B, C, D and E. Maybe they'll start to sell them in a (virtual?) book and assign them different (virtual?) colors. Welcome back, E-Ride!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #122
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeerkid View Post
Maybe instead of 3 tiers, there will eventually be 5 tiers. Maybe those tiers will be renamed to be A, B, C, D and E. Maybe they'll start to sell them in a (virtual?) book and assign them different (virtual?) colors. Welcome back, E-Ride!
Nah. It would never work.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #123
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning View Post
How about the perk from years past, and it can be done with the magic band. Bus rides for resort guests only along with the resort monorail.
That's not a big deal and you know it. Like false dining reservations, fastpass cheating, and pool stealing...

All those things happen... But vastly Overstated and statistical outliers
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #124
mjstaceyuofm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
it's still early I think the bugs will go away. Once people are informed how the system works, and the app is fixed the system will become better. Now that everyone is on the FP+ part of it that will also show Disney what it has left to fix.
The system is just not user friendly for large parties with different reservations, etc... I sent a request to my oldest son that got lost in his inbox, and now his status is in limbo. I'm afraid calls to the help line will be on tap in my near future...
Old 01-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #125
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstaceyuofm View Post
The system is just not user friendly for large parties with different reservations, etc... I sent a request to my oldest son that got lost in his inbox, and now his status is in limbo. I'm afraid calls to the help line will be on tap in my near future...
yes I've heard many problems with large groups but I think with couples or a just a family of four it could work very nicely.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #126
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

If they are going to charge for it, I would prefer they go Universals route. Universal Express is awesome.....right on EVERY ride, all day. Yep, Ill definitely pay to stay in their overpriced hotels for that perk.

Contemporary, All Star Sports, Swan & Dolphin, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Hilton Bonnet Creek & and coming soon: POP Century!
G8r4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:40 PM   #127
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstaceyuofm View Post
I don't see how it ever will be...
Just too ambitious for little benefit on the user end...

I mean...now I have to put a $10 per person guarantee down on a table at Beaches and Cream...

Known as "Johnny rockets" everywhere else on earth...
Or red robin...or friendlys
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"

Last edited by lockedoutlogic; 02-16-2014 at 07:46 AM.
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:12 AM   #128
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
I don't see how it ever will be...
Just too ambitious for little benefit on the user end...

I mean...now I have to put a $10 per person guarantee down on a table at Beaches and Cream...

Known as "Johnny rockets" everywhere else on earth...
Or red robin...or froendlys
LOL, so true! They are getting a little carried away with that. I like that it is required for some of the harder to find ressies though...because availability is much better.

Pretty soon, we may have to reserve our bathroom breaks .

Contemporary, All Star Sports, Swan & Dolphin, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Hilton Bonnet Creek & and coming soon: POP Century!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #129
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8r4evr View Post
LOL, so true! They are getting a little carried away with that. I like that it is required for some of the harder to find ressies though...because availability is much better.

Pretty soon, we may have to reserve our bathroom breaks .
Brings new meaning to the name "fastPASS".

I can't be sure, but I think I may have returned.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #130
monique5
DVC - BLT & VGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychick75 View Post
From what I've read here, say a family of 4 chooses to buy Universal Express Passes at Islands of Adventure. $55x4=$220 on top of their ticket price for front of the line for 13 rides. Wizarding World is not included in the 13 as front of the line does not apply to that ride.
The same family goes to Hollywood Studios and chooses to buy 2 extra Tier 1 tickets for Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. $14.95 x 8 =$119.60 on top of their ticket prices to fast pass 2 rides.

Wanted to say that I hope they do allow guests a few more passes. As much as I hate to admit it, I'll probably buy them.
Agree to disagree. If you stay on property @ US: Express Pass FREE
Stay @ Disney:$119.60

This is were most will agree & some will disagree. Universal "appreciates" it's guests more, more perks. This is what most ppl say & how they feel. Disney doesn't give on property guests any extra incentives for staying on property.

With that being said...plenty of people pay in excess of $5000 on vacations for cruises, Beaches, Sandals, trips abroad, etc. These vacations have no rides. Point...it's what you consider is value/ experience for your money.

We decide that...others are now not going to Disney, or doing split stays @ Disney & US, or taking fewer Disney vacations. That's their right, not for us to call them names.

Lastly, ppl always say well we can't pay that price, we stay off-site, we have a time share. Again, your choices. With that being said...just like you research a Disney vacation, I would hope you researched those options as well. If so, you should/would have compared the pros & cons and live with those decisions. Side note, we know everyone can't pay, but you can save over time. And not to offend anyone, but life isn't always fair, and until the end of time ppl will always make more than other, save more than others, & vacation differently than others.

If you pay for certain things, you want to see THE VALUE FOR WHAT YOU PAID. If not, then obviously you will go where you see the value. Some will go to US, cruise, or BG. Some will continue to go to Disney, & for many in this group VALUE is not necessarily in the price.

Last edited by monique5; 02-16-2014 at 10:39 AM.
monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #131
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

My .2 is that if this is the way its going then it should be used as an incentive to stay onsite. I would be ok with everyone gets 3 fp a day then resort guests get XX amount based on what their resort level is. Then offsite visitors can buy additional FP on top of their 3 a day included. I do disagree with having to pick your times 60 days in advance. I would rather have the old system walk up to the fast pass machine wave your bracelet in front of the mickey head have the option to highlight all or some of your party then come back at the allotted time just like before. I also disagree with the tiered system! That makes me want to boycott EPCOT all together.

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *2015 VGF*
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #132
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
My .2 is that if this is the way its going then it should be used as an incentive to stay onsite. I would be ok with everyone gets 3 fp a day then resort guests get XX amount based on what their resort level is. Then offsite visitors can buy additional FP on top of their 3 a day included. I do disagree with having to pick your times 60 days in advance. I would rather have the old system walk up to the fast pass machine wave your bracelet in front of the mickey head have the option to highlight all or some of your party then come back at the allotted time just like before. I also disagree with the tiered system! That makes me want to boycott EPCOT all together.

I would also like to see FP+ used as more of a perk for onsite guests. Disney opened up the can of worms, so I say they see it through. All guests get 3, onsite guests get more (depending on the category of their hotel). I would rather they not let offsite guests pay for more though....because the FP lines could end up longer than the standby.

Oh and the tiers are terrible. They really need to come up with something else. As it stands, you only get 1 FP OF VALUE from Epcot. Not cool at all. Along those lines, I hope they allow FP+ across the parks...as a perk for those that paid for the Hoppers and annual passes. That way, if I can only get 1 good FP at Epcot, I would like to possibly get 2 others at another park on that same day. The FP+ system has great possibilities, Disney just needs to be a little more open minded, IMO.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #133
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8r4evr View Post

Oh and the tiers are terrible. They really need to come up with something else. As it stands, you only get 1 FP OF VALUE from Epcot. Not cool at all. Along those lines, I hope they allow FP+ across the parks...as a perk for those that paid for the Hoppers and annual passes. That way, if I can only get 1 good FP at Epcot, I would like to possibly get 2 others at another park on that same day. The FP+ system has great possibilities, Disney just needs to be a little more open minded, IMO.

I completely agree!!!! come on Disney! FP+ has such potential! If they make a few adjustments this would be a complete perk to staying onsite!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *2015 VGF*
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:31 AM   #134
Auntie Sherry
Mouseketeer

I won't pay for any and I hope others don't and Disney figures out it won't work. It just becomes too expensive to attend one of Their parks I live for Disney trips and work extra jobs to go every year. I also have a Disney room in my house with a floor to ceiling painted castle on the wall. Sad to say I may have to stay there instead. I am trying not to be negative just very worried and sad

2010 Auntie shows Niece the world pop century
2009-Grand Floridian 25th Anniversary/Birthday
2007-Polynesian 4th of July
2006-Contemporary Son College Graduation
2006- Disney Cruise My 40th Birthday
2005- Disneyland's 50th Paradise Pier with husband
2004-Wilderness Lodge Husbands Family Grand Gathering
2003- Polynesian Just husband again
2002- Polynesian just husband
2001- Comtemporary Mom and adopted kids
2001- Dixie Landings Free Work Trip
2001- All Star Movies just Me
2000- Dixie Landings Sister and I
1999- Carribian Beach Best Friend only No Famlies
1998- Carribiean Beach 15th Anniversary No Son
1997- Dixie Landings Best Friend and Families
1995- All Star Sports First Time On Site Son 11
1989- Off Site Son Five years old
1985- Off Site Son's first Trip
1983- Off Site Honeymoon Trip
Auntie Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #135
Vidia2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning View Post
How about the perk from years past, and it can be done with the magic band. Bus rides for resort guests only along with the resort monorail.
This would be a Disney miracle IMO. The buses are a freaking nightmare!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: