Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #106
ToyStoryMania1
Earning My Ears

Fast Pass +

I like the idea of limiting to 3 reservations to cut down on people hoarding fast passes in all 4 parks in a day. I've seen it happen.

I am hoping that additional rumors I've heard are wrong. I don't like the idea of tiering fast passes where you get more if you stay at a more expensive resort. What then is the incentive for non-guest visitors? The other rumor is selling additional fastpasses. This is a little ridiculous. Universal does sell additional "fast passes" with it being about $120 to add it on if you add it that particular day with 1 day hopper easily costing $270.

If they were to sell fastpasses, I would make sure that I brought my own snacks into the park as to not spend it on food and might limit my merchandise spending even more.
ToyStoryMania1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:52 AM   #107
Laz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStoryMania1 View Post
I like the idea of limiting to 3 reservations to cut down on people hoarding fast passes in all 4 parks in a day. I've seen it happen.
I am hoping that additional rumors I've heard are wrong. I don't like the idea of tiering fast passes where you get more if you stay at a more expensive resort. What then is the incentive for non-guest visitors? The other rumor is selling additional fastpasses. This is a little ridiculous. Universal does sell additional "fast passes" with it being about $120 to add it on if you add it that particular day with 1 day hopper easily costing $270.

If they were to sell fastpasses, I would make sure that I brought my own snacks into the park as to not spend it on food and might limit my merchandise spending even more.
I am completely confused. How do you hoard fast passes now that the return times are enforced? Maybe it is a definition problem. If my family and I can visit three parks in one day, and wisely each get over 3 fast passes for 3 different rides in each park, is that hoarding to you? To me, it is good planning and having fun.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #108
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
the whole mymagic+ system is supposed to make your life simpler.
It doesn't matter what the system is supposed to do. What matters is reality...... what it actually does.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #109
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychick75 View Post
I know that is what is supposed to do however, planning a trip is now feels like planning a battle 60 days in advance. Only it's worse because you have to have a crystal ball that tells you that young kids, on the trip will be happy to ride Peter Pan at 1:15 60 days down the road. I talked to a couple of the other people going on our trip and we're going to have a strategy session to plan each day, which is pretty insane. One of the kids is autistic so we have to figure out the new DAS system too and work that into our plans. Some times, I want to talk to the others and ask if we can just blow off Disney this time and spend the whole trip at Universal.
the magic word was supposed. Maybe down the road in a couple years it will finally make our lives simpler until then it's not.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #110
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
It doesn't matter what the system is supposed to do. What matters is reality...... what it actually does.
that's why I said supposed, I didn't say it does.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #111
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
It does for us.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #112
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
It does for us.
In my conversations with other people about Disney (outside of the world of DISboards), I refer to the happy experience caused by FP+ as the Jade1 experience. The two have become synonymous.

When people ask me what that experience looks like, I always include the fishing aspect!
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #113
jade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
In my conversations with other people about Disney (outside of the world of DISboards), I refer to the happy experience caused by FP+ as the Jade1 experience. The two have become synonymous.

When people ask me what that experience looks like, I always include the fishing aspect!
HaHa nice. We will get ours one day though-praying for grandkids, oh the eggs on my face then.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #114
jade1

Hoping they will sell enough FP+ to start major headliner expansions, to sell even more FP+ and then more expansion.

So one day we will have 6 FP+ choices standard, and shorter lines in general.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #115
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

I think this new FP+ system will eventually level out the level of repeat visitors (AP holders) and increase first time visitors.
AP holders who loves with the old FP system will probably not renew hence giving space to the newbies to enjoy the place.

Spending wise AP holders probably spend less per person than 1st timers. So from business perspective getting 1st time visitors will bring in more $.
So keeping those 1st time visitors happy and spending money would be the main goal.

Now, for us being DVC members, ap holders, DFTW alumni and all we are not happy with the change.
BUT, that's ok. Gives us finally a great reason to try out US/IOA, DL, and Disney cruise again.

DVC points rental have been going up lately as well so we will be quite ok renting those out

So good luck WDW with all the changes, we will probably be back in 2-3 years instead of the normal twice to three times a year we've been averaging.
Big world out there for us to explore...

Buying those FP for $10/ride is ridiculous... I hope that number is much lower if they offer this option in the future.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #116
mjstaceyuofm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
the whole mymagic+ system is supposed to make your life simpler.
Quote:
that's why I said supposed, I didn't say it does.
Quote:
We went down in November and "tested" it with my immediate family of 4 (wife and 2 kids). Aside from glitches, I guess it worked OK, but real buggy.

Our upcoming June trip has been a planning nightmare of epic proportions. My parents are coming down but staying under their own reservation on-site. My wife's parents are coming down and staying with us at our DVC resort. Trying to figure out tickets, assigning "control" of who can/can't book FP+ tickets is a disaster of epic proportions when technologically challenged folks (like grandparents can be) are thrown in the mix... Used to be you all just went to the park and figured it out there. Now there's email requests, invites, assigned control (that apparently can't be turned back, etc...) So much for the "Grand Celebration" WDW pitched a few years back. Now it's "Grand Pain in the Neck!"

Wife and I have discussed it already - 2015 is a trip to Italy. Travelling internationally appears to be easier than going to WDW... Future vacations to the World will be limited and only to relax at DVC resorts, eat at some of the nicer restaurants, visit other area attractions, etc.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #117
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstaceyuofm View Post
... So much for the "Grand Celebration" WDW pitched a few years back. Now it's "Grand Pain in the Neck!" Wife and I have discussed it already - 2015 is a trip to Italy. Travelling internationally appears to be easier than going to WDW... Future vacations to the World will be limited and only to relax at DVC resorts, eat at some of the nicer restaurants, visit other area attractions, etc.
Lol!
I agree relaxing at GFV is high on our list... But no parks

Btw, Go Blue!
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #118
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Lol!
I agree relaxing at GFV is high on our list... But no parks

Btw, Go Blue!
I stayed at Kidani this summer, spent an entire day at the pool. Visited SeaWorld and never bought tickets for WDW. I had a great time. I combined that with a wonderful week in Tampa.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #119
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We went down in November and "tested" it with my immediate family of 4 (wife and 2 kids). Aside from glitches, I guess it worked OK, but real buggy. Our upcoming June trip has been a planning nightmare of epic proportions. My parents are coming down but staying under their own reservation on-site. My wife's parents are coming down and staying with us at our DVC resort. Trying to figure out tickets, assigning "control" of who can/can't book FP+ tickets is a disaster of epic proportions when technologically challenged folks (like grandparents can be) are thrown in the mix... Used to be you all just went to the park and figured it out there. Now there's email requests, invites, assigned control (that apparently can't be turned back, etc...) So much for the "Grand Celebration" WDW pitched a few years back. Now it's "Grand Pain in the Neck!" Wife and I have discussed it already - 2015 is a trip to Italy. Travelling internationally appears to be easier than going to WDW... Future vacations to the World will be limited and only to relax at DVC resorts, eat at some of the nicer restaurants, visit other area attractions, etc.
it's still early I think the bugs will go away. Once people are informed how the system works, and the app is fixed the system will become better. Now that everyone is on the FP+ part of it that will also show Disney what it has left to fix.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #120
Disneychick75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We went down in November and "tested" it with my immediate family of 4 (wife and 2 kids). Aside from glitches, I guess it worked OK, but real buggy.

Our upcoming June trip has been a planning nightmare of epic proportions. My parents are coming down but staying under their own reservation on-site. My wife's parents are coming down and staying with us at our DVC resort. Trying to figure out tickets, assigning "control" of who can/can't book FP+ tickets is a disaster of epic proportions when technologically challenged folks (like grandparents can be) are thrown in the mix... Used to be you all just went to the park and figured it out there. Now there's email requests, invites, assigned control (that apparently can't be turned back, etc...) So much for the "Grand Celebration" WDW pitched a few years back. Now it's "Grand Pain in the Neck!"

Wife and I have discussed it already - 2015 is a trip to Italy. Travelling internationally appears to be easier than going to WDW... Future vacations to the World will be limited and only to relax at DVC resorts, eat at some of the nicer restaurants, visit other area attractions, etc.
I've had no end of problems too. Adding Friends and family, passes and tickets not showing up or only showing up some of the time. Plus I used points to book a trip for my friends last year and I cannot get them off the list now.
Disney tech help and I are getting to be the best of friends. The site will probably automatically add them as family pretty soon.
Disneychick75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: