Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #91
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
The biggest takeaway from this linked article?

I haven't had a chance to try the new system yet, but obviously, I'm not excited about it.

Says all you need to know about the article, to be completely honest.
Stop! You're making too much sense.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:50 PM   #92
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumors Rocks View Post
~LOL. This is too funny!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #93
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I have a feeling we may see another expansion that opens in phases with this.
I'm getting that feeling, too. And I'm getting that feeling in the way that the minor stuff will be open in 2017, like the random boat ride (whatever that's going to be), the shops, a meet and greet and maybe a CSR and table service, and then the e-ticket comes along sometime in late 2018 or early 2019.

My HOPE, though, is that Universal's accelerated timetable will cause Disney to put their foot on the gas and crank out a quality attraction on time, or before.
Silock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #94
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The biggest takeaway from this linked article?

I haven't had a chance to try the new system yet, but obviously, I'm not excited about it.

Says all you need to know about the article, to be completely honest.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~LOL. This is too funny!
Oh, right, I forgot. Experienced travelers aren't allowed to read live reports of how the system is working and use their common sense to deduce that the system isn't as FABULOUS as others have tried to make it out to be.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #95
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Oh, right, I forgot. Experienced travelers aren't allowed to read live reports of how the system is working and use their common sense to deduce that the system isn't as FABULOUS as others have tried to make it out to be.
Or they can be a good journalist and wait to try it out before "reviewing" it.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #96
morethananyonex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Haven't you heard? Only people who haven't tried the system themselves don't like it, as evidenced by the multiple negative reports on the theme parks board from MK FP+ only rollout.
morethananyonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #97
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Pathetic. The one million down hill threads on theme parks and strategies board must not be enough. Some posters have to spread their nastiness everywhere like a plague. As expected, this discussion has ceased from being civil. Knock yourselves out.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #98
morethananyonex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pathetic. The one million down hill threads on theme parks and strategies board must not be enough. Some posters have to spread their nastiness everywhere like a plague. As expected, this discussion has ceased from being civil. Knock yourselves out.
Im sorry, does the rumours board have a members only policy and separate definition for "nastiness"? I guess this..

Quote:
Must be exempt.
morethananyonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #99
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Or they can be a good journalist and wait to try it out before "reviewing" it.
I haven't been yet while the system is in place, but I'm going in two weeks... and I've already experienced severe frustration with the MDE app and trying to schedule FP+. Too many time slots are already unavailable, and this is during the supposedly second-lowest crowd week of the year.
Silock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #100
Disneychick75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
first off there was a time when FP wasn't a thing and everyone survived. Also you can manage with three FP very well I have a family of five and we don't use more than that a day. You don't have to buy these extra FP+ it's only if you want more. I'm pretty sure disney has looked into statistics and seen the average persona and how many FPs they use in a day. I would imagine its around three. Thousands of people go to WDW and don't even use a single FP. And right now MK and AK are FP+ only and the standby lines have not been to bad they have been very very reasonable. Yes it is down time in WDW but even during busy times I don't think its going to be much different than what it has been in the past.
Well, yes, it is true people survived without FP. There was a time when people survived without indoor plumbing, electricity, etc.too but life is nicer with them just as Disney trips were nicer with the old fast pass system.
Disneychick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #101
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychick75 View Post
Well, yes, it is true people survived without FP. There was a time when people survived without indoor plumbing, electricity, etc.too but life is nicer with them just as Disney trips were nicer with the old fast pass system.
Now YOU stop!
Because now you're making too much sense too...
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #102
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychick75 View Post
the whole mymagic+ system is supposed to make your life simpler.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #103
d-r
l|ll|||ll||ll||

speaking of selling fast passes, what is to stop me from doing this:

I am an AP holder. I am a dvc member who has three sets of bands coming. We have four famiy members on my disney experience. I can book three fast passes a day any day up to 60 days out.

Why not send me your dates of your trip and the extra fast passes you want, and I make the fast passes and mail you the bracelets and you send me a couple hundred bucks?

Do the bracelets have to be scanned at park entry for the fast passes to work that day? If not there is a huge black market waiting to open.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #104
Disneychick75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
the whole mymagic+ system is supposed to make your life simpler.
I know that is what is supposed to do however, planning a trip is now feels like planning a battle 60 days in advance. Only it's worse because you have to have a crystal ball that tells you that young kids, on the trip will be happy to ride Peter Pan at 1:15 60 days down the road. I talked to a couple of the other people going on our trip and we're going to have a strategy session to plan each day, which is pretty insane. One of the kids is autistic so we have to figure out the new DAS system too and work that into our plans.
Some times, I want to talk to the others and ask if we can just blow off Disney this time and spend the whole trip at Universal.
Disneychick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #105
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

How about the perk from years past, and it can be done with the magic band. Bus rides for resort guests only along with the resort monorail.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: