Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #16
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Well that didn't last long, did it OP?
I guess so!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Now I think something like this will happen I don't think it will be exactly like this. I also think it would more for off site guests giving on site guests a discount or some other incentive. There was a rumor a while back that off site guests would get three and on site guests would get more based on what resort category they are at. For example value would get 4 moderate 5 deluxe 6. I think disney will do something for guests to get more FP+ both on and off site guests but who knows what that will be.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #18
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta8300 View Post
If this is true, (which probably this or some version of it is) this will definitely be our last trip to Disney. It's too expensive already as is, and it's not because we don't have the money, it's just the value isn't there for us. I'm willing to pay more at Universal for the Express pass because they have updated their rides, continue to add new attractions, and my family just sees the value in it, but not at Disney. I shouldn't have to pay more to ride Maelstrom, Mission Space, Peter Pan's Flight, etc. It's very disappointing. We have found our favorite type of vacation anyway with cruises, and for the money it's a better value for us!
Nobody is forcing you to buy these. It's an added option to the current 3 FP+ given.

I see what you mean with Universal adding and updating attractions and Disney not...

I mean, Disney only added New Fantasyland with two new rides (Mine Train/Mermaid), two updated/enhanced (Dumbo/Barnstormer), and a new attraction in Enchanted Tales with Belle. They are also working on Avatar.

They also just did a complete makeover of Test Track and also Star Tours... I'd count that as updating rides.

I guess it's not the same as adding a ride in Potterland, and re-theming two others. Or doing a makeover of SpiderMan. They opened two new rides in Universal Studios Florida over the past couple of years. Though, with the new rides comes loss of old rides, something Disney hasn't done with its recent developments, unless you count Toon Town as a loss attractions-wise.

So yeah, it's pretty much been the same, but Disney has four parks, so it seems like less is happening.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #19
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity View Post
This really disgusts me. Every year they seem to get further and further away from Walt's vision of being a theme park that everyone can enjoy.
Is it? Or is it a new version of the old ticket books of yesteryear? I think it seems to be a lean toward that, which I could see if the standard admission price was reduced. Not that I like it over the one price - ride anything you want model, I just think that we could be looking at this a different way.

I do think that Disney is complicating the cr@p out of everything and is going to make a miserable experience for the average visitors that don't spend hours pouring over web sites and forums like we do here on the DIS.

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #20
eangel12
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't mind paying for each ride if there was no admission fee to the park or at least a very reduced admission fee. I won't pay the rates AND pay per ride. No way. We will find a new place to visit if that happens!!
eangel12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #21
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eangel12 View Post
I wouldn't mind paying for each ride if there was no admission fee to the park or at least a very reduced admission fee. I won't pay the rates AND pay per ride. No way. We will find a new place to visit if that happens!!
Who is forcing you to pay for a ride? The standby line is free. As are the three fastpass+ you get now. Not to mention this is merely a rumor.

Universal's Front of the Line Pass is $55 on top of a day ticket.

How many fastpasses do you plan on using in a day, on top of the three that you get?
Old 01-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #22
eangel12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
Who is forcing you to pay for a ride? The standby line is free. As are the three fastpass+ you get now. Not to mention this is merely a rumor.

Universal's Front of the Line Pass is $55 on top of a day ticket.

How many fastpasses do you plan on using in a day, on top of the three that you get?
That is what this entire thread is about...paying EXTRA for more rides. Did you not read the thread before posting?

As for 3 being enough, NO it is not, ESPECIALLY at Magic Kingdom.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #23
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is what this entire thread is about...paying EXTRA for more rides. Did you not read the thread before posting?

As for 3 being enough, NO it is not, ESPECIALLY at Magic Kingdom.

I read the thread, maybe you should read it again. It's about the OPTION to pay for MORE. Not that you MUST PAY for FP+.

If everyone has three, then there is less wait in standby lines waiting for FP+ users who go to the front of the line.

Again, nobody is forcing you to pay for those. You could just use the standby lines.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #24
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
I read the thread, maybe you should read it again. It's about the OPTION to pay for MORE. Not that you MUST PAY for FP+.

If everyone has three, then there is less wait in standby lines waiting for FP+ users who go to the front of the line.

Again, nobody is forcing you to pay for those. You could just use the standby lines.
Seriously?

Anyway back to the topic... Are those prices for real? Would a family of five really pay about $75 extra to ride a tier one ride?
Old 01-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #25
eangel12
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You are right, why would I not think to stand in a 60 minute standby line with a 4 year old in 95 degree heat?? Thanks so much for the great advice. Wow...you have solved a lot of problems!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #26
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Seriously?

Anyway back to the topic... Are those prices for real? Would a family of five really pay about $75 extra to ride a tier one ride?
It's funny how anytime there is a rumor that Disney is looking into adding something, it is quickly shot down as simply being a rumor.

When there is a rumor that people would have an OPTION to buy more FP+, it sends people into a mass hysteria.

How many fastpasses do people really pull and use on an average day? I would guess the average is between 2 and 4. There might be the extreme examples of people getting more than that, but I bet that doesn't happen often.

Quick, now everyone flood with examples of how they normally use 9 fastpasses per day at MK, which once they started enforcing return times, was impossible.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #27
ptlohmysoul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Yet another FP+ thread, but I just got it on very, very, very, very, very good authority that Disney will begin testing additional FP+s as benefits to Disney Guests and for purchase no later than year's end but probably much, much sooner if the final rollout goes according to plan at DHS and Epcot.

Supposedly, select guests would be given the option to purchase additional FP+s (no maximum set yet) for $9.99 for tier two attractions at DHS and Epcot and $14.99 for tier one and MK/DAK attractions (unless they put tiers on those which is still yet to be decided). This price is obviously per person per ride. Now, still only one FP+ can be obtained for any attraction, so one cannot use a purchased FP+ for an attraction that they already have FP+ on that day. They're looking to incorporate the resorts in to this "somehow" once they start allowing offsiters to book their FP+s in advance.

Of course, Disney has stated that they will "not charge for FastPass+" but if you think about their language, you realize that they really could be saying that the first three FP+s are free for all but for more, you'll have to pay or stay at a Disney Hotel.

While this has been floating around for a while and is still classified as a "rumor" (not been confirmed by Disney), it seems very real and should be coming sooner rather than later. Thoughts?
I'm surprised they are starting it at such a high price. But then again, that would help limit the number of purchasers and help those staying on-site to get "added value". Since we would be staying on-site, it doesn't sound too bad to me.
ptlohmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #28
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are right, why would I not think to stand in a 60 minute standby line with a 4 year old in 95 degree heat?? Thanks so much for the great advice. Wow...you have solved a lot of problems!
So you only ride rides with fastpasses? And you were able to pull how many per day? I'm sure you'll lie and say you did 7 or 8 FP per day now.

And how many rides have not only 60+ minute waits, but the queue's for those are outside? Not many at all.

Nice hyperbole, though.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #29
eangel12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Seriously?

I know that Sesame Place, which is right around the corner, does an unlimited Magic Queue. It is basically fast pass where you wait in the "exit" area and when they start a new ride, you get to go on right away, no matter how long the line. The price is $30.00 per person, per day. I could see how that would be a great option for people who are only visiting the park once and don't want to wait in line. For us, with annual passes, it would be $120.00 extra each visit. That is the cost of 1 season pass for us. We cannot justify the cost.

I think the part that is frustrating is the original legacy fastpass worked just fine. If the system is broke then it needs to be fixed, but the system wasn't broke.

My husband is of the mindset that 3 FP+ are enough if we do rope drop. I'm hoping he is right. He wants to rope drop...do important rides, go back to hotel to swim, come back at night with our FP+ and ride.

The idea of the HEAT, CROWDS and waiting in line might do me in completely.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #30
eangel12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So you only ride rides with fastpasses? And you were able to pull how many per day? I'm sure you'll lie and say you did 7 or 8 FP per day now.

And how many rides have not only 60+ minute waits, but the queue's for those are outside? Not many at all.

Nice hyperbole, though.
You are sure I will lie?? How dare you say something like that to me. How rude are you??

Why are you even in this post?? If you like it, fine...then you don't need to be here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: