Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #166
jlm196
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStoryMania1 View Post
I don't like the idea of tiering fast passes where you get more if you stay at a more expensive resort. What then is the incentive for non-guest visitors?
Why shouldn't you get a perk for paying more money directly to Disney. Yes it is my choice to stay on property at a deluxe resort but how can you say the same perks should be offers to guests staying off site and not putting more money in disney's pocket?

You are not comparing apples to apples
jlm196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #167
daunty
Earning My Ears

This is a lovely example of Disney releasing rumours that sound truly awful so that when they announce the real cost everyone says " oh well, not as bad as we thought".
It's a way of making change more palatable.
daunty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #168
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daunty View Post
This is a lovely example of Disney releasing rumours that sound truly awful so that when they announce the real cost everyone says " oh well, not as bad as we thought".
It's a way of making change more palatable.
Yea but a this point we don't even know that Disney is going to charge for fastpass at ANY point.
Figmentforever24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #169
daunty
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmentforever24 View Post
Yea but a this point we don't even know that Disney is going to charge for fastpass at ANY point.
We do know there will be changes. All these rumours help those changes appear more acceptable, regardless of whether they charge for fast passes or not.
daunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #170
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberpi View Post
I'd HAPPILY pay for DH and I to ride TOT multiple times in the morning (we get bored with DHS by lunch). Do you think if instituted we'd still have to wait an hour to go back or could we use a FP+ and then re-ride? If so, we could RP TSM and RNCC and then buy the TOT FP+ and then use our normal allotment at another park? Just thinking outloud, also, I've been us since 3 for overseas cc, so I might be loopy
See I am not happy to pay for something like that. I have bought my park tickets in good faith. I pay more for them every trip, yet now I am being able to make fewer choices and even fewer still, on the fly. Standby lines were not something we wouldn't do if we were unable to pull a FP in the past; as long as we deemed the wait time to be reasonable, we would get in line. But since FP+ there are long lines at attractions that rarely ever had a wait at all, greatly restricted choices of FP+ options between the limitations and the tiering and even these attractions are generating queues for the FP lines.

I am waiting to see if there is a marked improvement between now and year's end in terms of guest experience. If not, not only will be not be paying for FP+ but this summer trip will be our last for the foreseeable future.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #171
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post

See I am not happy to pay for something like that. I have bought my park tickets in good faith. I pay more for them every trip, yet now I am being able to make fewer choices and even fewer still, on the fly. Standby lines were not something we wouldn't do if we were unable to pull a FP in the past; as long as we deemed the wait time to be reasonable, we would get in line. But since FP+ there are long lines at attractions that rarely ever had a wait at all, greatly restricted choices of FP+ options between the limitations and the tiering and even these attractions are generating queues for the FP lines.

I am waiting to see if there is a marked improvement between now and year's end in terms of guest experience. If not, not only will be not be paying for FP+ but this summer trip will be our last for the foreseeable future.
Boom...that's it
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #172
myadventurebook
Mouseketeer

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to throw in my two cents anyway. There's a lot of arguing going on here about how many FP-'s people were able to get on a given day, but has anyone considered how the number of party members? When I went with my family when I was a kid (early 2000's), we used FP, but we couldn't do much throughout the day because we moved so slowly. We maybe hit 7-8 rides (that's being generous) and probably used 3 FPs or less.

On the opposite end, I've gone with my BF a few times in the past few years, and we went during EXTREMELY low crowds. We went during Labor day week last year and MK was almost empty. We rode BTMRR four times that day, twice with FPs and twice we just walked right on. We got maybe 12-15 FPs in all, in MK, no less. We were even able to ge two FPs for Toy Story in one day in DHS later that week. My sister and her BF had the same experience FP-wise (not quite as many stand-by rides), and they even went in July.

I think a lot of the people sampled for the survey people keep mentioning were probably parents with multiple kids, so I can see why the average number of FPs was only two. It was so easy for my BF and I and my sister and her BF to tour last year not only because of how empty it was (at least for me, not for my sister since it was summertime), but because we were each a young couple with no kids or seniors. By the way, I'll also add that none ofus knew about FP "cheating" (not going during the appointed time) so we weren't doing that when we had all those FPs on our trips- not that we would have done that anyway. I think that's kind of rotten.

As for the current system, we were able to test it out when we were there in November. I had mixed feelings on it. I don't like being able to only book one "headliner," so I'm hoping that aspect goes away. As for the number of FP+s, I'd be fine with four or five if the crowds are low enough and the weather is okay. The idea that on-site guests might be able to have a few extra sounds great, because we usually stay on-site anyway. Really, as long as they keep the three standard issue that they have now, we can just go during a low crowd time, because we have the luxury to do so. I understand that some families don't have that luxury though.

Last Trip: November 2013/Pop
Next Trip: May 2015/TBD (probably Pop)

Last edited by myadventurebook; 03-11-2014 at 04:56 PM.
myadventurebook is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: