Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #46
B-Ride
Getting My Disney Fix

IMHO, there is a HUGE difference between not be rushed during dinner and not leaving after it is over.

When we eat at any restaurant and especially 'Ohana we refuse to be rushed while we are eating. We set our own pace and don't take food when we are not ready.

However, once we are finished eating we pay and leave. There are other guests waiting to eat and they deserve our respect.

I don't care if you are visiting with people you haven't seen in 30 years. You can leave the restaurant and visit somewhere else.
Disneyland Grand Californian 2014
B-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #47
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess88 View Post
The only way the restaurant would be at fault for this is if you booked the room for 7 PM. If you booked the room for 7:30 then the manager and restaurant was completely right in saying they would not ask paying guests to get out. If you booked the room for 7:30 then it is at 7:30 and not a minute before that you have any right of access to the room. I do event planning for my job and this is something that most establishments abide by. If we need advance time to set up, then that time must be figured into the time we book the room for. So unless you booked the room for 7, then the restaurant was not at fault, nor were the guests at the table. Yes by 7:25 the manager should have asked the guests to move to another spot and had their staff clean that area, but as long as they had that area clear by 7:30 they were in the right.

So if you did book the room for 7 and they still had people and the like in the room, then yep, they were in the wrong entirely. However, if you had the room booked for 7:30 then you showing up a half an hour early to decorate and expecting the room to open and ready for you puts you in the wrong.
The party was to START at 7:30. It was supposed to include set up time 30 minutes prior. If I were a betting woman (which I'm not) I would say that they assumed the people they sat in that section weren't going to stick around as long as they did.
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #48
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

If WDW made all restaurants about the food, rather than the view, there wouldn't be parties camping out. All they need to do is cover the windows at fireworks time. I hear all the horrified gasps from here , but I wouldn't have a problem with it. I also know it will never happen.

As for holding a table, I don't think there's anything wrong with a 2 hr.+ meal at a nice restaurant, when you're ordering multiple courses. IMHO, it's definitely rude to hold a table just to talk or watch fireworks, while you nurse a cup a coffee or drink. We have left a window table at Monsieur Paul (then Le Bistro), when we finished our dessert & wine 15 minutes prior to Illuminations. We had time to walk out & watch the show, & couldn't in good conscience hold that table, when we were finished with our meal. For those who want to catch up with table mates, there are places to hang out & talk that don't negatively affect others.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:41 AM   #49
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
If WDW made all restaurants about the food, rather than the view, there wouldn't be parties camping out. All they need to do is cover the windows at fireworks time. I hear all the horrified gasps from here , but I wouldn't have a problem with it. I also know it will never happen.

As for holding a table, I don't think there's anything wrong with a 2 hr.+ meal at a nice restaurant, when you're ordering multiple courses. IMHO, it's definitely rude to hold a table just to talk or watch fireworks, while you nurse a cup a coffee or drink. We have left a window table at Monsieur Paul (then Le Bistro), when we finished our dessert & wine 15 minutes prior to Illuminations. We had time to walk out & watch the show, & couldn't in good conscience hold that table, when we were finished with our meal. For those who want to catch up with table mates, there are places to hang out & talk that don't negatively affect others.
I would have left that table also just to get a better view.
Judique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #50
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judique View Post
I would have left that table also just to get a better view.
From our table, we would have had an excellent view. We were right by a window facing the lagoon. It was tempting to stay, because we've seen Illuminations so many times from ground level. In the end, we didn't feel right about hogging the table with people waiting.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #51
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
I disagree 100%! When I go out to dine it is NOT just a function of slamming down a meal as fast as possible and leave. I go there to relax and enjoy the people I'm with. The food is simply part of that experience. If I just wanted the food I'd order our meals to go. I do not enjoy dining at restaurants who choose to rush people through to increase turnover. Not a very enjoyable relaxing dinner and thats what I'm after.
They weren't rushed by anyone. But I would like to know. If my ressie was at 8:10 for one of those tables what time was their ressie? They left around 9:15-9:30. They were most likely there for 3 or more hours. What we saw was people sitting there watching their kids get in and out of their chairs walk around their tables and people watch. Even the host couldn't figure out why these 4 parties were still there. They weren't having a good ol' time where no one wanted to stop conversing they were just literally hanging out. And Ohana has a great lounge area to move your party to for such things. Maybe it was a wishes thing but I don't think they could see much from those tables.

I don't believe in rushing people either but this was not a case of that at all. September when we go back though my ressie will be at 5. And my 6 kids and us adults will be considerate of the next group and still get plenty to eat drink and time together

It was a good learning experience so now I know how to plan
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: