Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
PhillyPrincess
Earning My Ears

Help Me Decide Please! Yak and Yeti or Chefs de France

DH and I are going to WDW in June, and have already made all our ADRs. There is one night where we planned to eat dinner at 1900 Park Fare, but I'm really not sold on that, and want to switch to somewhere else.
We are already doing quite a few dinners at resorts, so I'd rather choose somewhere in a park. I think I have my choices narrowed down to Yak and Yeti and Chefs de France. Does anyone have any strong feelings about dinner at either restaurant?
Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

My vote would be for Chefs!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
DisneyRookie2007
DisDad Member #660

Another vote for Chef's !!

Ate there for the 1st time on our last visit (2 years ago mind you). 6 in our party and we all had a great meal and the server was also great !
2010 (Jan): POR
2012 (Mar): POP
DisneyRookie2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

What kinds of food do you like? Which park will you be in?

I've dined at both Yak & Yeti and Les Chefs de France and both are good, but in different ways.

Yak & Yeti: this is my favorite TS at AK. I like being able to relax in an air conditioned venue after trekking around AK. The decor is an interesting and fun to look at. In terms of the food, one member of my family really liked the Duck with Anandapur Glaze entree. I've had the Bourbon Chicken, Baby Back Ribs, and the Mandarin Chicken Salad. The ribs and salad were both very good; the chicken was too sweet. The appetizers (Dim Sum Basket for Two) and desserts (Fried Wontons and Mango Pie) weren't terribly impressive. The service has been hit or miss, but not bad enough to ruin the experience.

Les Chefs: I like going for either lunch or dinner because my favorite items are on both menus. I really like the Beef Short Ribs (Plat de Cote de Boeuf au Cabarnet avec pates) and the Profiteroles au chocolat. The onion soup has really good flavor, but the onions themselves aren't caramelized (they're cooked, but they're still white and in large pieces). The service is also hit or miss, but again, not bad enough to ruin the experience.

So I really don't think you can go wrong with either venue. Personally, I think I would give Les Chefs the slight edge because they have better appetizers and desserts.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
deedeetoo
DIS Veteran

I'd pick Yak and Yeti. We went to Chef's once. Food was just OK, certainly not worth the money, and service was terrible. We won't ever go back there. We visited Yak and Yeti last summer. We enjoyed the food and service was great. Only issue there is that they didn't take the Tables in Wonderland Card but that may not matter to you.
deedeetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
PhillyPrincess
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the opinions everyone

We will be in MK that day, but we don't mind changing parks. There aren't any TS restaurants at MK that really appeal to us besides the couple we already have planned for different nights. I just noticed that Epcot has PM EMH that night, so it might be nice to have dinner in Epcot and take advantage of EMH.

We like a lot of different types of food. We eat a lot of middle eastern food at home (DH is Persian), so we like to use our vacations to try different things we don't usually get to have (for example, we have no interest in Spice Road Table or Marrakesh, because that's the type of food we eat on a regular basis).

Now I'm actually starting to lean towards Monsieur Paul
Old 01-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
cavepig
DIS Veteran

Yak and Yeti would be my pick. France was bland in my opinion and our server wasn't very nice.

Yak and Yeti is very good and a neat atmosphere.

Resorts: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Fort Wilderness Campsite, Port Orleans Riverside (aka Dixie Landings), All-Star Movies, POP Century, Art of Animation - Little Mermaid.
Run Disney: Expedition Everest Challenge May 2014

cavepig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #8
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Yak and Yeti.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #9
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPrincess View Post
Thanks for the opinions everyone

We will be in MK that day, but we don't mind changing parks. There aren't any TS restaurants at MK that really appeal to us besides the couple we already have planned for different nights. I just noticed that Epcot has PM EMH that night, so it might be nice to have dinner in Epcot and take advantage of EMH.

We like a lot of different types of food. We eat a lot of middle eastern food at home (DH is Persian), so we like to use our vacations to try different things we don't usually get to have (for example, we have no interest in Spice Road Table or Marrakesh, because that's the type of food we eat on a regular basis).

Now I'm actually starting to lean towards Monsieur Paul
I haven't eaten at Yak and Yeti, but I wouldn't leave MK to go to AK for dinner. Then AK will close and you will have to hop yet again Or do you mean that you would switch to AK for the whole day

I think it would be better to keep your MK plans and then park hop to Epcot and enjoy dinner and evening EMH.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #10
Art 1
DIS Veteran

France by a million miles, not even close.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #11
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Chefs! Handsdown.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: