Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #1
mommymanda
Mouseketeer

Help, I need one more nice meal--steak?

We are going without a dining plan, but are still trying to fit a few character and TS meals in. I broke the budget down to allowing two character brunches and two TS meals. Travel party is 2adults, 3kids 11,5,3y.

By request and reviews we are going with
Breakfast brunches at
'Ohana
Cape May

We will have one TS meal at Coral Reef.

I just can't decide where to have our 2nd one. I know DH wants a good steak (his only memory from our last trip was eating steak nearly every night, we had the DDP than). Any recommendations? We do not have a park hopper, so can't return to Epcot. We will be staying at the Beach Club resort.
mommymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
ChipnDaleRule
DIS Veteran

If your staying at BC then why not try Big River Grill on The Boardwalk.We really loved it there, steak and ribs are awesome , with a great selection of beers too :-)

ChipnDaleRule is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymanda View Post
We are going without a dining plan, but are still trying to fit a few character and TS meals in. I broke the budget down to allowing two character brunches and two TS meals. Travel party is 2adults, 3kids 11,5,3y.

Breakfast brunches at
'Ohana
Cape May

I just can't decide where to have our 2nd one. I know DH wants a good steak (his only memory from our last trip was eating steak nearly every night, we had the DDP than). Any recommendations? We do not have a park hopper, so can't return to Epcot. We will be staying at the Beach Club resort.
No Disney restaurant offers brunch. 'Ohana and Cape May are breakfast buffets and it will only be traditional breakfast foods - no lunch like food.
Your children might enjoy Whispering Canyon Café for your other TS meal. The best steaks are at the Signature Restaurants and they are pricey. The only less expensive restaurant I can even think of with a steak on the menu is Mama Melrose in DHS and that is Italian focused, so I am not sure how the steak is. There must be others, I just can't think of them
Good Luck
Old 01-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #4
tndisney5
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We had a great TS meal at Mama Melrose in Hollywood Studios and my husband got the steak there and raved about it. Not sure if HS is part of you touring plan.

My good friend said her best steak dinner at the parks was at Coral Reef and I read you already had an ADR there .
AofA Feb. 2014
POR and VGF Jul. 2014
tndisney5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Breakfast brunches at
'Ohana
Cape May
I am a carnivore at heart, so I appreciate your husband's request! I had great steaks at Le Cellier (EPCOT\Canada) and Be Our Guest (MK).
I have not personally had a steak at Shula's in Downtown Disney but my brother goes there frequently and loves it.

We've done Ohana for breakfast and dinner. Tremendous experience with both. Kids will love taking the boat or monorail to the Polynesian and everyone will leave with full bellies!

We did Cape May for dinner last trip and I was underwhelmed. My family accommodated me b\c I am a seafood lover. It was good, but not something we'll do again probably. Now, I'm sure for my one lukewarm review, you'll receive twice as many positive reviews. I enjoyed it but was specifically disappointed with the crab legs.
  • They were just too much work, for too little meat.
  • The carving station meat was not warm and very fatty.
  • The selection of food for non-seafood eaters was marginal at best.
  • The fish that they had was great!
  • The seafood chowder was excellent, too.
  • I will say that they had a tremendous selection of desserts!

Our Coral Reef dinner was excellent. Both the seafood and non-seafood meals were delicious. And the ambiance was pretty cool. We weren't that close to the aquarium windows but the floors are terraced so that everyone can see. We all enjoyed the experience.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #6
mommymanda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
No Disney restaurant offers brunch. 'Ohana and Cape May are breakfast buffets and it will only be traditional breakfast foods - no lunch like food.
Your children might enjoy Whispering Canyon Café for your other TS meal. The best steaks are at the Signature Restaurants and they are pricey. The only less expensive restaurant I can even think of with a steak on the menu is Mama Melrose in DHS and that is Italian focused, so I am not sure how the steak is. There must be others, I just can't think of them
Good Luck
I'm just calling it 'brunch' because we'll be having the breakfast buffet around 9-10am...gorging and not eating an official lunch that day. Snacks until supper time. Looks better on my budget.
mommymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #7
evilqueenmindy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Breakfast brunches at
'Ohana
Cape May

he steak at Flying Fish is surprisingly good. I preferred it by far to yachtsman (which may have been having an off night, the best thing we had was the bread) and it is close to BC
evilqueenmindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm just calling it 'brunch' because we'll be having the breakfast buffet around 9-10am...gorging and not eating an official lunch that day. Snacks until supper time. Looks better on my budget.
I comment because it may be misleading to other DISers learning about the restaurants. A "brunch" is a specific type meal, and Disney does not offer any.
Enjoy
Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #9
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDaleRule View Post
If your staying at BC then why not try Big River Grill on The Boardwalk.
I agree, plus the prices at Big River aren't sky-high. Coral Reef has a good steak, so it's good you're going there. The only other place for steak I would recommend (that wouldn't break the bank) is Mama Melrose. Good luck!
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: