Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #16
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

We are another family who went for dinner and won't go back. The food was absolutely hands-down the worst we had at Disney. Awful! We all left hungry, and when you are paying that much for a meal, that's a big deal. The character interaction was also disappointing. The only one who spent any time at all at our table was Prince Charming. The step sisters and step mother were just going through the motions, and Cinderella seemed too rushed. Definitely everyone's least favorite meal of our whole trip.

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #17
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

We thought it was worth it. We've been twice, but our first visit was TOTALLY worth it. DD was 6, it was our first trip in 2010. We were seated around 7? We waited around 30 mins for our table, which I was annoyed at as that's what RESERVATIONS are for, but eh...

Once we got in, it was loud and cramped. But we were seated off of the main dining room, and it was relatively quiet in there. All characters came to greet us - Cinderella (2x!), Prince Charming, both step sisters and Step mom. Character interaction was great - our interaction with Drizella was my favorite of both of our trips! Both step sisters made the best of DD being an only child (she was campaigning pretty hard for a sibling at that time). Drizella played a game in our section "Drizella Says! You know the game Simon Says? It's like that, only classier!" They had to let a family out through our section into the lobby (there was a door at the end of our section that went straight through) because they could not get a handicapped child's wheelchair back through the crowded restaurant. When they opened the door, I guess people in the lobby started staring and pointing, and she said "I know I'm beautiful, but you really shouldn't point. It may make others think you're rude!" in a REALLY loud voice that carried through the lobby. The mom stopped and thanked her for doing that, as it made the child in the wheelchair smile.

DD saw Cinderella and Prince Charming beginning the waltz and rushed up to see. She was chosen to dance with prince charming, and he even kissed her hand at the end - she was in HEAVEN! Cinderella came over afterward and made a "I saw you dancing - he's a wonderful dancer, isn't he?" type of comment to DD. She also thanked her for coming and accepting her invitation (I had made one, and WL made a big deal about delivering it to our room, waiting for an answer. I had mentioned it to our server as DD was away from the table getting food. She must've mentioned it to Cinderella... it was awesome, as DD was TOTALLY into it! 2 years later, when we surprised her with a trip, one of the first things she said was "I wonder if Cinderella will invite me to dinner with her family again.")

As for food, it wasn't any better or worse than any other buffet. Similar food to Hollywood and Vine, I thought.

The first time, they had this wonderful roasted corn chowder. DH couldn't get enough of it. It was our first night, so he was very excited! We never saw that soup again. :-(

The 2nd time, they had this chilled strawberry soup that everyone raved about. I was excited to try it, but it tasted like a melted strawberry smoothie to me :-(

That's my 2¢ anyway.
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #18
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

We are in the minority but we disliked 1900PF for both breakfast and dinner - it felt cramped, rushed, and not worth the cost. It was fun seeing the characters, though.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #19
Erikarate
married her prince

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your input.
07/06 HRH Club & BWV; Nov. (thanksgiving)AKL05/07- WLV; July- HRH kid Suite; Dec OKW04/08 CBR; July RPH & BWV; Aug CBR;Dec OKW
7/09 BCV, 8/09 Swan. 4/10 AKV Jambo, 7/10 BWV, 8/10 AKV Jambo, 7/11 BWV, 7/12 BWV
4/13 - AKV Jambo, 7/13 BWV!!!! UPCOMING GFV July '14
Erikarate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #20
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I assume you meant 1900 PF "dinner" and not breakfast?

Food at dinner was very disappointing. Pretty bad quality food. Step sisters were HILARIOUS thou! So entertaining.

Breakfast was much better, decent food, but not good enough for me to go back. Cape May & Crystal Palace are still way way better.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #21
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Last couple of times were disappointing

PS we both live in darien but are 840 miles apart

Darien illinois
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #22
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm really not a huge fan of breakfast anymore.
The first time the food was good, and it was fun, but we were waiting a LONG time for Alice & the Hatter to come around. The second time we did breakfast the food was horrible, I ended up eating a piece of raisin bread toast, and the character interactions took even longer to get around and it just wasn't worth it, we ended up leaving before Hatter even got around to us.

Bfast #1

Bfast #2

Dinner on the other hand, we have done twice now, and absolutely ADORED it both times, even with no Lady T the first time, and no Sisters the second time. The food was beyond INCREDIBLE, with tons of choices, amazing quality, and just being awesome. Characters were beyond hilarious and perfect, and it was a MUCH more enjoyable experience both times!

Dinner #1

Dinner #2

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #23
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikarate View Post
Hi fellow DIS'ers. We are super excited to be staying at the new Villas at the Grand Floridian this year!!! Wooo Whoooo!!!!

Anyway, for convenience sake, we want to eat more often at at the GF, and probably monorail hotel restaurants etc. Our family has a love/hate thing with buffets. We like the variety, but often the price is hard to justify as we just don't eat much more than one dinner plate full etc (example, for the same price as the buffet we can go upstairs to Citricos and get the filet of beef of course without apps and dessert, but excellent quality). Also we have been sorely disappointed with the quality lately (i.e. Boma has been disappointing the last few times).

Anyway, does anyone have any recent experiences they would like to share about Park Fare? Pics would be appreciated too or any links etc. If people rave about it then perhaps we can justify the cost, approx $180.00 for our family.

Thanks in advance!
I perfectly understand the convenience thing. I'd stick with Citricos and Narcoossees, our favorites. As far as 1900 Park Fare goes, nothing's worth putting up with that atmosphere. When we've stayed at the GF in the past, we've also enjoyed eating at Gasparilla Island Grill and sitting outside. It's good, simple, fast counter servie, and much more relaxing. If you want the characters, I know it's not as convenient, but just jump on the Monorail and go over and eat at Crystal Palace in the MK, or just walk over, or ride the Monorail all the way around and eat at O'hana's Character Breakfast. Food's good and very relaxing. (they bring the food to you).
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #24
EastonCat
DIS Veteran

We went three and two years ago (dinner and breakfast) and had a very good experience. The venue is loud. Our character interaction was great both times. It is a very Cinderella experience.

We enjoyed the food, but it was not memorable.

For our first visit our daughters were dressed as Anastasia and Drizella Tremaine (ugly stepsisters) which may have biased our experience.

If you are interested in the experience, do it. You can do better value if you are looking for a good meal. Remember - at the Villas it's a pretty short walk to the Poly as well.
EastonCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #25
summermac
DIS Veteran

I don't think ANY buffet at WDW is worth the price. Well until you compare it to other meals at WDW I suppose.

That said, we thought the food was good and the characters were fantastic.
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #26
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summermac View Post
I don't think ANY buffet at WDW is worth the price. Well until you compare it to other meals at WDW I suppose.

That said, we thought the food was good and the characters were fantastic.
Agreed. The breakfast buffets are criminally priced.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #27
Erikarate
married her prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I assume you meant 1900 PF "dinner" and not breakfast?

Food at dinner was very disappointing. Pretty bad quality food. Step sisters were HILARIOUS thou! So entertaining.

Breakfast was much better, decent food, but not good enough for me to go back. Cape May & Crystal Palace are still way way better.
Yes, dinner. I actually like the breakfasts at Disney, but it kinda makes me feel sluggish for the day, so I'd rather just do a coffee and fruit or a cereal bar in the room and head off to the pool or parks etc.
07/06 HRH Club & BWV; Nov. (thanksgiving)AKL05/07- WLV; July- HRH kid Suite; Dec OKW04/08 CBR; July RPH & BWV; Aug CBR;Dec OKW
7/09 BCV, 8/09 Swan. 4/10 AKV Jambo, 7/10 BWV, 8/10 AKV Jambo, 7/11 BWV, 7/12 BWV
Old 01-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #28
Erikarate
married her prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning View Post
Last couple of times were disappointing

PS we both live in darien but are 840 miles apart

Darien illinois
LOL. I've heard of you guys as when I google stuff you come up as well as I believe a Darien in Georgia. Oddly we took our name from Darien, Panama. You can wiki if your interested...
Old 01-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #29
Erikarate
married her prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I'm really not a huge fan of breakfast anymore.
The first time the food was good, and it was fun, but we were waiting a LONG time for Alice & the Hatter to come around. The second time we did breakfast the food was horrible, I ended up eating a piece of raisin bread toast, and the character interactions took even longer to get around and it just wasn't worth it, we ended up leaving before Hatter even got around to us.

Bfast #1

Bfast #2

Dinner on the other hand, we have done twice now, and absolutely ADORED it both times, even with no Lady T the first time, and no Sisters the second time. The food was beyond INCREDIBLE, with tons of choices, amazing quality, and just being awesome. Characters were beyond hilarious and perfect, and it was a MUCH more enjoyable experience both times!

Dinner #1

Dinner #2
Wow, thanks for the links. I still think that we're gonna skip it, but you never know. Sometimes my husband will do a "walk through" at a buffet and if it looks real good we will go. He is definitely the one to convince more than me. We had such a bad experience the last two times at Boma (super fatty inedible roast beef, high prices for quality etc) it kinda put us off buffets.

Also if DD7 is dying for some princess interaction then maybe, but she is usually a little shy with characters, though less with "people" characters then ones in the full costume (i.e. mickey, minnie...anything with big heads etc, lol).
Old 01-25-2014, 06:02 AM   #30
brobrosmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post
We are another family who went for dinner and won't go back. The food was absolutely hands-down the worst we had at Disney. Awful! We all left hungry, and when you are paying that much for a meal, that's a big deal. The character interaction was also disappointing. The only one who spent any time at all at our table was Prince Charming. The step sisters and step mother were just going through the motions, and Cinderella seemed too rushed. Definitely everyone's least favorite meal of our whole trip.
Wow!!!! Sounds like we were dining together! This was our exact experience.

brobrosmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: