Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2014, 05:15 AM   #1
alle_rednic
Earning My Ears

Planning Has Started!

Our last trip to WDW was in 2006, so planning a trip for this year. Just wondering if anyone can explain the dining plans to me!

We (Me, Mom, StepDad, Brother (1st trip) and Sister In Law (1st trip)) are hoping to do 5 Character Meals and I know that you can exchange some meals on the dining plan for CMeals... I'm trying to cost it up...

Which dining plan would be best for this?
Is the dining plan the option or should we just pay as we go?
alle_rednic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
dkrauss
Goofy Fan from Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alle_rednic View Post
Our last trip to WDW was in 2006, so planning a trip for this year. Just wondering if anyone can explain the dining plans to me!

We (Me, Mom, StepDad, Brother (1st trip) and Sister In Law (1st trip)) are hoping to do 5 Character Meals and I know that you can exchange some meals on the dining plan for CMeals... I'm trying to cost it up...

Which dining plan would be best for this?
Is the dining plan the option or should we just pay as we go?
This is the best resource I've found regarding the Dining plans

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-dining-plan-faq/

Doug
Old 01-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
leebee
DIS Veteran

On the DDP (Disney Dining Plan), you will get one table-service meal, one counter service meal, and one snack per person, per day, plus a refillable mug for each person. For the table service meal, you can choose any restaurant or character meal for one table service credit, except for the Signature Restaurants (California Grill, Artist Point, Brown Derby, Jiko, Le Cellier& there are more); signature restaurants take two credits. You don't have to worry about whether it's a character meal or not& it'll still be only one TS credit if it's not a signature restaurant. (exception may be CRT).

Meal events, like Hoop-de-Doo Review, Polynesian Luau, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ have different pricing structures and I think require two TS credits, and seating areas are limited, if you are on the basic Disney Dining meal plan. Also, I am not sure what the current pricing structure is at Cinderella's Royal Table- that's a character meal in the Castle, so it may be prix fixe or a 2-credit meal. I am also not sure about Be Our Guest.

We haven't done the Deluxe Dining Plan, so I don't know the credit requirements for Signature Restaurants on DxDP, but you still can use character meals as one table service credit locations.

Last edited by leebee; 01-25-2014 at 12:11 PM.
leebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: