Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 06:42 AM   #1
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Disney discounted rooms for most dates in 2014 on the British-Expedia web site-UPDATE

UPDATED 9th April: Sorry but offer ended 3rd March, there's a few discounts for some room types ranging between 25-40% but only over the holidays such as Thanksgiving, see thread #640.

Updated. It might be the last day as offer could end 3rd March, so if you're looking for a room only booking then why not check out your dates and compare to past discounts. There's still good savings to be found over spring break, up to 37% off some budget rooms and 40% of deluxe, check out thread #549 and good luck....

Tuesday 25th seen prices increases across all WDW resorts on UK-Expedia, but there's still some reasonable savings of up to 50% on some rooms especially for later this year (see threads #505 and #524) and if you find a good saving then please post.

And if you find a good price but are unsure about buying from Expedia.co.uk then check out the following which has quick links to the experience and advice from other DIS'ers.

For information on CC payment and foreign transaction fees. Click on threads #3, #58 and #74.. If you have a Discover Card you'll need to select Diners Club, see #309. The Disney Visa card charges 3% on Foreign Transactions see Cards T&C's for info.

Your credit card company will probably deny an international payment so you will need to call them first. Click on #16, #255 and #17.

Paying with a PayPal balance, click on #363.

If you need to cancel you will receive a full refund up until 5-days prior to check in and there could be a small negative or positive effect on your refund due to currency fluctuations. Click on #18. and #101, #193.

You will receive an Expedia Itinerary number but you'll require a second 12 digit number beginning 4xxxxxxxxxxx so to access your reservation on My Disney Experience. Click on #125, #34 and #99.

After a few days a second number should automatically be added to your Expedia Itinerary, if not you will need to e-mail Expedia customer support. Click on #129, #86, #286, #287, #332, #325. And if all else fails check out #563.

A few posters have noticed that they've been allocated a king room instead of a twin. You can make your room choice on the booking page within 'Who's Travelling'. so after you've clicked on your Phone Number and USA Country Code, click on Bedding/Smoking Request which opens up a box to select either One King Bed or Two Double Beds. If it's incorrect on your invoice send an email to customer support who will sort it out. Click on #58 #94, #116 and #133.

You might pay a supplement for a 3rd or 4th adult in some room types. Click on #53.

And almost all weekend and holiday nights are priced at the same lower weekday rate. Click on #67.

Can US-residents book on UK-Expedia, yes and ProudMommyof2 found an interesting article from the NY Times. Click on #80. But please be aware that you're booking on a British UK web site and if you've received a promo code from US or UK-Expedia make sure of any restrictions as it might be restricted to only American residents to use on the USA site or just United Kingdom residents, so check the codes T&C's first.

Examples of DIS'ers savings/upgrades already made. Click on #306, #22 #44,#25,#58, #70, #74, #76 #94, #115, #248, #324, #351, #404, #414, #425, #460, #461,
#525, #526,

Examples of potential savings and as the number of rooms allocated for this offer will be limited, some of the earlier examples might be sold out. Click on #266, #313, #131, #106, #104, #97, #91, #89,#83, #69, #62, #46, #36 and #21, #350, #419, #423, #435, #505, #524, #549,

How to book Disney's Magical Express, Click on #227.

The current discounted 2014 room rate promotion on the UK's Walt Disney Travel Company ends 3rd March so UK-Expedia's special rates will possibly also end on that same date. Click on WDTC/Special-Offers. and sorry but you'll need to have a European home address to make bookings on the UK Walt Disney site.

Biggest savings seems to be in October and November; please note, not all 2014 resort/rooms are discounted.

After checking the threads please also check Expedia's T&C's.

And if you do book or just find a saving then please post those dates and savings for others DIS'ers and best of luck in finding a cheaper and/or upgraded Disney vacation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST
Hi from the UK,

We don't often visit and post on the US forums but thought the current WDW room-only savings on the British Expedia web site might be worth looking into for some American's.

Offer started 1st January so some room/types are already filled, varying discounts for most dates in 2014 but not available at all resorts, you'll need to be flexible and try different dates/resorts/room types, so here's two examples of potential savings.

A reservation at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort in a standard view room checking in for 10-nights from Oct/25/2014 to Nov/4/2014.

On www.expedia.com the total price with taxes is $1,170.00
On www.expedia.co.uk the total price with taxes is £405.45 which is approximately $665.00 so a saving of $500.00.

Looking at a deluxe resort rate for the same 10-days over Halloween.

Disney's Beach Club Resort in a standard view room checking in for 10-nights from Oct/25/2014 to Nov/4/2014.

On www.expedia.com the total price with taxes is $4,500.00
On www.expedia.co.uk the total price with taxes is £1,543.05 which is approximately $2,525.00, so almost a $2,000 saving.

Haven't check all the T&C's but hopefully someone might be able to find their Disney vacation at a lower price and with the option to cancel if/when a better US offer comes along as the UK web site also states free cancellation before the 20th October for the above vacation dates.

All the best from the UK

Last edited by Samaya; 04-09-2014 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Updated information.
Samaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

I'm not sure if it's even possible to book on a UK site if you're living in the US but even if it is, most people would have to pay a foreign transaction fee on their credit card. It may not negate the savings but it could eat into it to a point where it is not worth it.

But this is certainly worth looking into. That BC rate in October is pretty appealing. Thanks for posting!

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
I'm not sure if it's even possible to book on a UK site if you're living in the US but even if it is, most people would have to pay a foreign transaction fee on their credit card. It may not negate the savings but it could eat into it to a point where it is not worth it.

But this is certainly worth looking into. That BC rate in October is pretty appealing. Thanks for posting!
There are a number of credit cards in the US which do not charge foreign transaction fees; good list here:

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/top-c...e-credit-card/

Yes, you can usually book using foreign web sites. You would have to go to the UK Expedia site and read the booking conditions.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
There are a number of credit cards in the US which do not charge foreign transaction fees; good list here:

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/top-c...e-credit-card/

Yes, you can usually book using foreign web sites. You would have to go to the UK Expedia site and read the booking conditions.
really? how do you do this?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post

Even if you did have to pay a foreign transaction fee, it wouldn't hardly cut into savings like that. On a $1000 charge, the 3% fee would be $30.
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
buzzandzurg
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing!
buzzandzurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #7
wendow
DIS Veteran

Did anyone figure out if we US peeps can buy from the UK Expedia site? There are some great deals. We aren't planning a trip until 2015 (sadly) but I am definitely going to keep an eye on the deals that the UK gets.

me , dh , dd14 , dd11 , ds5 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #8
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Did anyone figure out if we US peeps can buy from the UK Expedia site? There are some great deals. We aren't planning a trip until 2015 (sadly) but I am definitely going to keep an eye on the deals that the UK gets.
Looks like maybe some of the rates have gone up from this morning. I don't have time to recheck all the examples given in the OP's post but for the resorts I priced, they are higher.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:40 AM   #9
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

After obsessing over this all night, I decided to book Yacht club 3 nights in October, its less than half the US site. I went thru all the steps and when I got to the payment, it kept telling me there is a problem with my card. I tried two different ones that don't have foreign transaction fees and neither worked. I then checked the box that says to pay the US fee (which was inflated by $179 from the real-time conversion chart I was using) and that still didn't work. There is a phone number to call, but it's obviously in the UK and I'm not going to pursue this any further. So I'm giving up for now.

Anyone had any luck?

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
lurkernj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #10
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

so it appears that if I live in the US, I can't book thru the UK site.... I guess it makes sense.....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #11
mm1971
DIS Veteran

It is well known that the price for International travelers are lower due to the travel costs being so much higher. This has been going on for a while now. I am pretty sure you can't purchase those packages with a US account. Most International trips are longer and thus spend more overall, even with a discount on the other components. It only makes sense. If they allowed anyone to purchase better deals in another country, why would the same company have 2 separate pricing structures.

And dare I mention, that is why the BT groups are so prevalent (this is not a dig on the tour groups). It's cheaper to vacation at Disney than in their own country. Throw in the conversion rate on the dollar and it's an easy decision on where to take the family.

US "locals" will just have to pay a little more since we can drive.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #12
wendow
DIS Veteran

Ah bummer, well at least we know now that this isn't an option for us "locals"

Old 01-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really sorry wendow, but can't see why it won't work. We (Brit's) can buy rooms from US web-sites and many do but usually we need to notify our credit card company that we're going to make an overseas purchase, especially if it's in a different currency and a large amount.

I wonder if this could this be a reason why lurkernj in thread #9 had a problem?
Old 01-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #14
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Found this info on MouseSavers, it regards US residents booking on Expedia.co.uk for Disneyland Paris...
http://www.mousesavers.com/other-dis...#bookingfromus

Booking from the US and Canada

Be aware that Disneyland Resort Paris does not market itself to US or Canadian visitors and therefore does not make it terribly easy for Americans to book, find a good deal or arrange for any extras or deviations from standard packages. However, there are quite a few options for booking:

Best option: online through Expedia.co.uk, which usually offers any current package specials that are available in the UK. (UK offers are almost always much better than US specials: Ive had reports from people who saved over 50%.) Your purchase will be in UK pounds, so use a site such as xe.com to figure out the exchange rate.

Note that you may need to contact your credit card company prior to booking: for security purposes, some companies block international purchases unless you notify them in advance.

Last edited by Samaya; 01-17-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Samaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #15
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaya View Post
Found this info on MouseSavers, it regards US residents booking on Expedia.co.uk for Disneyland Paris...
http://www.mousesavers.com/other-dis...#bookingfromus

Booking from the US and Canada

Be aware that Disneyland Resort Paris does not market itself to US or Canadian visitors and therefore does not make it terribly easy for Americans to book, find a good deal or arrange for any extras or deviations from standard packages. However, there are quite a few options for booking:

Best option: online through Expedia.co.uk, which usually offers any current package specials that are available in the UK. (UK offers are almost always much better than US specials: Ive had reports from people who saved over 50%.) Your purchase will be in UK pounds, so use a site such as xe.com to figure out the exchange rate.

Note that you may need to contact your credit card company prior to booking: for security purposes, some companies block international purchases unless you notify them in advance.

Oh good find! Like I said upthread, we aren't going until 2015 so I cannot book right now but I'll be checking the UK Expedia site when the time comes. I appreciate you posting it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: