Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
Jellifer
Mouseketeer

"Special" dining experiences for couples?

We are travelling 11/18 - 12/02, not chosen a hotel yet but it's likely to be CBR and we are hoping to get DDP.

It's just myself and OH I'm looking for some "grown up" dining - doesn't necessarily have to be included on DDP. I'm planning tea at GF and looking for something similar to this.

Also where's the best place to get a steak on property?

me (Jen): OH (Don): and Cookie

TRIPS
May 1997 - offsite
September 2012 F&W - offsite
Planning November 2014 @ CBR - 1st stay onsite
Jellifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Best steak is at Shulas at the Dolphin.

Most grown up experiences are going to be Victoria & Alberts and the upscale restaurants at Swan/Dolphin-bluezoo (fish/seafood), Il Mulino (Italian), Shulas(steak). V&A is in a league all it's own but the other 3 listed are very good. bluezoo is my favorite of the three as I like the menu, the martini menu and the very modern decor.

None of these are on the dining plan.

There's also Kimonos at the Swan if you like Sushi. It's a bar and has karaoke later in the evening. I think it's the best sushi on property; even better than Ca Grill.

You can also arrange for private dining at the Grand Floridian with a private butler. I know when I booked 5+ years ago you had your choice of choosing off the Citricos or Narcoosees menu.

For dining plan restaurants, I think the most grown up experience is probably a late dinner at Citricos. Jiko can also sometimes be quiet, as can Artist Point. Wolfgang Puck's The Dining Room at DTD used to be but I have not dined here since it joined the dining plan.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:00 AM   #3
Jellifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
Best steak is at Shulas at the Dolphin.

Most grown up experiences are going to be Victoria & Alberts and the upscale restaurants at Swan/Dolphin-bluezoo (fish/seafood), Il Mulino (Italian), Shulas(steak). V&A is in a league all it's own but the other 3 listed are very good. bluezoo is my favorite of the three as I like the menu, the martini menu and the very modern decor.

None of these are on the dining plan.

There's also Kimonos at the Swan if you like Sushi. It's a bar and has karaoke later in the evening. I think it's the best sushi on property; even better than Ca Grill.

You can also arrange for private dining at the Grand Floridian with a private butler. I know when I booked 5+ years ago you had your choice of choosing off the Citricos or Narcoosees menu.

For dining plan restaurants, I think the most grown up experience is probably a late dinner at Citricos. Jiko can also sometimes be quiet, as can Artist Point. Wolfgang Puck's The Dining Room at DTD used to be but I have not dined here since it joined the dining plan.
Thanks for that, we are really just doing the dining plan for the convenience so we will also put a $amount onto a gift card or prepaid credit card for our "grown up" days. We need to do this anyway because we were planning on hiring a boat for a bit and OH has his eye on a fishing trip.

We are reluctant to use our credit cards from home because the over seas charges are ridiculous.

me (Jen): OH (Don): and Cookie

TRIPS
May 1997 - offsite
September 2012 F&W - offsite
Planning November 2014 @ CBR - 1st stay onsite
Jellifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: