Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #151
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Trying to catch up after 2 days on the road...

It was so fun meeting up with you - even Josh said he had a great time. My Dis friends are the best - and I think that secretly, he loves Dismeets.

Nope, I was a good girl - no flip-flop stores for me.

I loved the bagel-banana for Ariana... It was too funny!

I just loved meeting up with all of you - it was definately the highlight of our trip to TN. Annnnd... A little birdie has been plotting a trip back over Christmas vacation -GIRLS & MM included this time. Longer trip... but with a detour trip to Ashland, NC to see the Biltmore mansion decorated for Christmas. Alli would go CRAZY with her camera for that one - I am sure!

Love to all of you - seriously - you are the bestest friends a girl can have. (((Hugs)))

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #152
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
That's a RIOT!!! I am so glad your still going with your activities!!! I would love nothing more then a quiet night with a movie and a blizzard!!!! YUM!!!!

yes!!! we will be going into every Camera shop around the greater Chicago area...

put it this way.. Just imagine how many shoe stores there are in MOA.. Yeah we hit every single one of them I love shoes just as much as the next one.. Yet each store HAD THE SAME PAIR OF FLIP FLOPS!!!

I still love the gals...
Well, I ended up sharing the couch with someone during the movie last night....

Brian hurried and finished his school work so that he could watch the movie with me. Yes, there were no kids at home, but there we were watching an animated Disney movie together. We both had a Blizzard...and then had to snuggle under blankets to keep warm. It was a fantastic night!

Yep, that is exactly what D~ told me you said about the flip-flop shopping... "every store had the SAME flip-flops!" And she defended herself by saying "You never know who has the best prices..."

Y'all are too funny, and I cannot wait to hang out with all three of you someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Trying to catch up after 2 days on the road...

It was so fun meeting up with you - even Josh said he had a great time. My Dis friends are the best - and I think that secretly, he loves Dismeets.

Nope, I was a good girl - no flip-flop stores for me.

I loved the bagel-banana for Ariana... It was too funny!

I just loved meeting up with all of you - it was definately the highlight of our trip to TN. Annnnd... A little birdie has been plotting a trip back over Christmas vacation -GIRLS & MM included this time. Longer trip... but with a detour trip to Ashland, NC to see the Biltmore mansion decorated for Christmas. Alli would go CRAZY with her camera for that one - I am sure!

Love to all of you - seriously - you are the bestest friends a girl can have. (((Hugs)))

D~
I hope beyond hopes that you make it back for Christmas!!! I get lots of paid time off during the two weeks of Christmas and New Years, so a day trip to Knoxville would not be a problem at all. I would LOVE for our girls to all get to spend a bit of time together, I have a feeling V and Jillian would get along great.

I have never gone to the Biltmore, but my BFF is a photographer and makes an annual pilgrimage to that place...so yes, Alli will have a field day there I am sure!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #153
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Special Deliveries from the Main Mouse!!!!

So remember a few months back when my kids wrote letters to characters for the weekly Disney activity? Guess what!!!! They all got Mickey mail last night!!!! I am so exctied to give it to them when they get back home tomorrow! Wanna see what came?

And you can see from the top one that each of them came addressed specifically to the kids! It's not much, but so glad Disney came through for my children!!!

Old 03-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #154
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I love that you and hubby cuddled under blankes after eating your ice cream to watch Frozen. That is just too sweet.

for the Mickey mail. I'm so glad Disney did it for all three kids.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #155
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

How sweet you guys had some couple time!

So happy you got MICKEY MAIL!!! Meg also wrote to a character. just waiting on a reply. see what happens.

i can just imagine what these girls are going to be like with all the shoe stores in Chicago..
In D~ response? I have an app for that.. we can check for the cheapest and will go to that ONE other shoe store..

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #156
DMGeurts

Quote:
In D~ response? I have an app for that.. we can check for the cheapest and will go to that ONE other shoe store..

We know you LOVED every moment of shoe shopping... After all - out of the three of us... which ONE actually purchased a pair of shoes?

D~
Old 03-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #157
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love that you and hubby cuddled under blankes after eating your ice cream to watch Frozen. That is just too sweet.

for the Mickey mail. I'm so glad Disney did it for all three kids.
Kathy, you and I are so blessed to have Disney loving hubbies!! Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Quote:
How sweet you guys had some couple time!

So happy you got MICKEY MAIL!!! Meg also wrote to a character. just waiting on a reply. see what happens.

i can just imagine what these girls are going to be like with all the shoe stores in Chicago..

AND...even MORE magical mail arrived on Saturday...

Quote:
We know you LOVED every moment of shoe shopping... After all - out of the three of us... which ONE actually purchased a pair of shoes?

D~
I think I will just sit back and let the two of you sort this one out.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #158
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Yep, that is exactly what D~ told me you said about the flip-flop shopping... "every store had the SAME flip-flops!" And she defended herself by saying "You never know who has the best prices..."

Quote:
[I hope beyond hopes that you make it back for Christmas!!! I get lots of paid time off during the two weeks of Christmas and New Years, so a day trip to Knoxville would not be a problem at all. I would LOVE for our girls to all get to spend a bit of time together, I have a feeling V and Jillian would get along great.

I am quite certain that we will. I agree- If we make it down, I would really like to spend a whole day together somewhere... Don't know where? But I would love for the girls to spend some time together. I agree- I think they would get along great!

Quote:
[I have never gone to the Biltmore, but my BFF is a photographer and makes an annual pilgrimage to that place...so yes, Alli will have a field day there I am sure!
I am excited to go - it looks like so much fun!

Quote:
Kathy, you and I are so blessed to have Disney loving hubbies!! Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Jealous.... That is all. Now that you've met Josh - maybe you understand my woes? LOL

Quote:
[I think I will just sit back and let the two of you sort this one out.

It's probably best that way.

D~
Old 03-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #159
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Pixie Dust from Canada, Eh!

I was on the road for 8 hours Saturday going to pick up my kids from their week at my parents' house for Spring Break. While we were on the road, Brian texted to tell us we had a package from CHEEKY that had arrived.

We got home, and the kids had to tear into it right away:

A sweet little Bambi card:

Birthday and Easter goodies for Charity:

I had to get a close up of these earrings, because they are SO CUTE!! (and according to my girls "food earrings are all the rage right now", so you did REALLY good Cheeky, LOL!)

Easter treats for Jillian and Gabe:

We are totally playing the Bunny Ear Ring Toss Game on Easter Sunday!!!

I tucked the glow bracelets away for the cruise...

And fun stuff for me too:

Cheeky sews thEsE super cute kitchen sets now to help fun her Disney addiction, and she was so sweet to send my favorite one to me. Can't wait to use that tea towel to hang in our bathroom on the cruise...since it is Halloween themed. Check out her FB page to see what other cute sets she has to offer: https://www.facebook.com/groups/203706209840448/

Once again, Cheeky brought so many smiles to our home. I can never say enough how much this friend means to me, and to our family. LOVE YOU CHEEKYPOPPINS!!!!

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 03-26-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #160
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Awwww, what a sweet gift from Cheeky! I love those towel sets that she has been making.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #161
DMGeurts

Grr... And I keep forgetting to mention how FANTASTIC you looked last week! All that hard work is really paying off - you are just adorable!!! WTG my friend, very proud of you!

D~
Old 03-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #162
DMGeurts

And then you snuck in and did an update... Hahaha...

Loved all the goodies from Cheeky!!! How awesome! I also love the food earrings! So cute!

And I love Cheeky's kitchen sets she's been making - they are wonderful! Great Pixie Dust!

D~
Old 03-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #163
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Awe Yayyy i'm so excited!!! I love when u take pics of the kids with things I send it warms my heart! I have to update my ptr and tr soon too lol

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #164
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

That's so awesome that the kids got autographs back from the characters! And adorable gifts sent to the kids too
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #165
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Awwww, what a sweet gift from Cheeky! I love those towel sets that she has been making.
Isn't Cheeky the best? She definitely knows how to bring a smile to our faces!

Quote:
Grr... And I keep forgetting to mention how FANTASTIC you looked last week! All that hard work is really paying off - you are just adorable!!! WTG my friend, very proud of you!

D~
Awe, thanks! Still have a bit to go, and I have hit a slump lately...but I will get there before the cruise!

Quote:
And then you snuck in and did an update... Hahaha...

Loved all the goodies from Cheeky!!! How awesome! I also love the food earrings! So cute!

And I love Cheeky's kitchen sets she's been making - they are wonderful! Great Pixie Dust!

D~

Any box that comes from Cheeky is always chock full of great stuff. I am blessed to call her friend for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Awe Yayyy i'm so excited!!! I love when u take pics of the kids with things I send it warms my heart! I have to update my ptr and tr soon too lol
Okay, wanna know what the BIG HIT was with everyone? The Kinder Eggs. I have not gotten to try them yet, due to this diet thing...but I will try one this weekend. Meanwhile, the kids have gone nuts over them! You should hear the "oohs and aahs" going on when they eat those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
That's so awesome that the kids got autographs back from the characters! And adorable gifts sent to the kids too
I was so surprised they got something back! That, of course, was the intent when the letters were written, but I had heard from many folks that they never got anything in return. So, that was a VERY pleasant surprise for us!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: