Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #136
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Alright.. What's this EVERYONE BEST Dis friends getting together crap...

I will not be there ya know..

That's ok i get D THIS SATURDAY!!!

i just love you guys...
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:53 AM   #137
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post

i just love you guys...
No worries Mo, I have plans to stuff you in the trunk... BTW, aren't the "trunks" on Bugs in the front?

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #138
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
No worries Mo, I have plans to stuff you in the trunk... BTW, aren't the "trunks" on Bugs in the front?

D~
Yikes.. I don't know if i like that idea.. i'd be much happier in the back..
Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #139
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We are back from our trip and I am slowly catching up.

I love the Peter Pan outfit!

Looks like the family had a fun time with the game, although it looks like the girls had more fun with the chairs.

Hooray for a DIS meet coming up.

Happy Birthday, Charity.

Love the magnets...very cute.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #140
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdotson View Post
Super fun! I need a laminator now
I your tile and wall color in your (kitchen)?
Thanks, that is our dining room actually. I had to go back and look at the photos after you comment...the wall color is not actually that "textured"...that is shadows from our chandelier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
So cute, you guys are so creative! Laminating is lots of fun, isn't it?

So, I noticed something missing from the last pictures. Where's Jillian's Mickey Head? I was checking out what character each person picked and noticed her's missing.
Good eye!!! Actually, the graphic for Jillian's mickey head printed out very pixelated. I have to have the Dis-igner re-do it for me. Jillian's is Donald Duck sliding down the Aqua Duck. Will try to remember to post a picture when we get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMg ur car looks so much cuter now!!! And holy cow I didn't know u guys had Disney infinity ,this is perfect because we have an extra of one of the power discs so I can tuck it in the pkg I am sending to Charity!! Please tell me those shows come in adult size? I LOVE THEM!! That girl has got the best shoes!! Sadly I don't know when I'm ever going on a cruise BUT I need that round captain mickey magnet in my life! How'd u do that exactly?
I found the graphic onling by googling it, saved it in a Word document, printed it out on cad stock, laminated it... easy, peasy!

Quote:
At work'...... But I am soooooo excited too. I get to meet my 2 first Did friends, and a few other great friends as we'll... I am super excited that you all are coming to meet with me.

D~ <------ I suppose this means I have to carry one of my bags on this trip?

And you didn't carry one of your bags! Such a fun day, though!!!

Quote:

i just love you guys...
We missed you, Mo....you didn't jump in and hop a ride south with D~ and Josh.

Quote:

D~
Quote:
Yikes.. I don't know if i like that idea.. i'd be much happier in the back..
And you didn't even do it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We are back from our trip and I am slowly catching up.

I love the Peter Pan outfit!

Looks like the family had a fun time with the game, although it looks like the girls had more fun with the chairs.

Hooray for a DIS meet coming up.

Happy Birthday, Charity.

Love the magnets...very cute.
Oh, Kathy, I have such a hard time keeping up with your PTR's and TR's...I try to jump in every now an then to let you know I am still trying.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #141
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

An EPIC Dismeet!!!

Why is it becoming so difficult for me to keep up on here? I feel like I have fallen so behind on the threads I follow, and I even feel a disconnect from my own PTR right now. Work has been TOO BUSY, and it is seriously cramping my Dis style! Thank you friends for sticking around!

Yesterday was our big Dismeet in Knoxville. I am SO GLAD I was able to sort things out at work so that I could go!!!

I left the house around 7:30 yesterday morning, because I had one little errand to run for my friend Cheekypoppins. She wanted me to pick up a gift to give Ariana from her. I was on the road by 8 am. I hit a TON of fog about halfway there, but made it at EXACTLY 11:30, our meeting time. So far Ariana was the only one there, so I was able to give her the gift from Cheeky.

Opening it:

And the gift...

What??? A bagel and a banana??? You have to know Cheeky to appreciate this gift. She nicknames everyone. When at Disney, Ariana eats a bagel and a banana for breakfast every morning, so Cheeky's nickname for her is Ariana Bagel-nana! And, there may have been a gift card from Cheeky tucked into the bag as well.

Before long, the rest of the group arrived. It was so great to see everyone. I was lucky enough to have met them all before...except D~'s hubby. Can I just say, that he was SUCH a good sport yesterday! He was very friendly, and just took all our Disney craziness in stride!

We were seated for lunch, and soon bread service arrived:

Our server was kind enough to take pictures of our motley crew:

We had such a great time catching up and just visiting. Here is D~ with Lidian's daughter:

Ariana had just gotten back from a visit to the World, and she brought something to show us...

A magic band!! Yeah, we are Disney geeks... we had to pass it around and ooh and aaah over it.

Lunch came. I got the Fish and Chips:

There were more fries under the fish. The empty spot in the basket would have been where the cole slaw was...the cole slow that I promptly removed and placed far away from the rest of the yumminess.

Since we were eating at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch dessert was a MUST!

Lumch was delicious and fun...then it was time to move on to MORE FUN! Where to?

The Disney Store of course!!!

It was fun to walk around in there. They had mostly little kid clothes and toys. I was a bit disapointed. I am VERY spoiled by our store in Nashville, it has lots of dishes, adult clothes, etc....and it is an outlet! I did buy one shirt for either of the girls to wear...for $4.99! Can you believe I got something Disney for so cheap? Of course, I forgot to take a picture of it before I had Brian stash it in the Disney tote in the attic. It is being saved for the cruise.

After leaving the Disney Store we just wandered around the mall for a while....mostly looking for D~'s hubby, who would get tired of all the Disney chatter, and just disappear on us from time to time.

We did do one thing that was fun and hilarious...we all crammed into a photo booth together:

Soon it was time to say goodbye, as Ariana and I had long drives home that afternoon. Before we left, we had one more group photo taken:

It was a great day, and I was SO GLAD I got to go!!!

Old 03-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #142
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Girl, I know all about our "real life" cutting into our "Dis life". I haven't had time to do much in the way of Dising lately. Yay for the fun Dismeet! Lacey has mentioned that the Knoxville Disney Store didn't have as much adult stuff. That's too bad. Uhhh, excuse me, us adults like Disney too!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #143
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Such a fun day yesterday! The bagel and banana from Cheeky just cracked me up to no end!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #144
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to Charity! Her dinner choice looked very yummy!

Sounds like an awesome Dis-meet
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #145
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

your all so stinkin cute!!!!!

I love reading everyone's take on this!!!! the food looks DELISH!!! cheesecake looks a bit better...

So i need to know. How many Flip Flop stores did you wonder into???

Josh is super sweet isn't he?!?!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #146
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

hahahaha I love it!!! thankyou miss nashatarian for shopping for me I need a copy of that pic of Arianabagelnana for my scrapbook lol,I also would like a copy of the pic of you wearing your jeans for Hailey please.I want to put that in her scrapbook if you're okay with that? I can't wait for the day when I get to see all my awesome dis friends face to face!! xo

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #147
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I loved your DIS meet update. So fun.

Love Cheeky's gift to Ariana...so perfect for her.

Looks like you all had a great time.

And what a fun idea to all cram into the photo booth.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #148
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Girl, I know all about our "real life" cutting into our "Dis life". I haven't had time to do much in the way of Dising lately. Yay for the fun Dismeet! Lacey has mentioned that the Knoxville Disney Store didn't have as much adult stuff. That's too bad. Uhhh, excuse me, us adults like Disney too!
I totally forgot Lacey lives in Knoxville! I will have to try to remember that next time we do any sort of Dis-meet in the area. Would she be interested in meeting us crazy Dis-ers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Such a fun day yesterday! The bagel and banana from Cheeky just cracked me up to no end!
It was such a fun day, wasn't it? Wish we could do it more often. Cheeky is a character...love her!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Happy Birthday to Charity! Her dinner choice looked very yummy!

Sounds like an awesome Dis-meet
Charity had a great birthday. On the actual day of her birthday we all went out to lunch AND she is now spending the whole week with grandparents out of state.

Quote:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

your all so stinkin cute!!!!!

I love reading everyone's take on this!!!! the food looks DELISH!!! cheesecake looks a bit better...

So i need to know. How many Flip Flop stores did you wonder into???

Josh is super sweet isn't he?!?!
We went into NO flip-flop stores...but you better believe we had a conversation about her and Suzi dragging you around to all the flip-flop stores at MOA! Soooo....I think as payback, you need to drag the two of them around to EVERY CAMERA SHOP you know of in the greater Chicago area!!! But of course, you didn't get that idea from moi...

And yes, Josh was such a good sport. Genuinely good people, he and D~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
hahahaha I love it!!! thankyou miss nashatarian for shopping for me I need a copy of that pic of Arianabagelnana for my scrapbook lol,I also would like a copy of the pic of you wearing your jeans for Hailey please.I want to put that in her scrapbook if you're okay with that? I can't wait for the day when I get to see all my awesome dis friends face to face!! xo
Did you get the pictures I sent to your email account? It was my pleasure to pass on some Cheeky pixie dust to our friend Bagel-Nana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I loved your DIS meet update. So fun.

Love Cheeky's gift to Ariana...so perfect for her.

Looks like you all had a great time.

And what a fun idea to all cram into the photo booth.
That photo booth idea came from D~ and her DH! It was so much fun! One of these days, when I make it up to a Chicago meet, I want to meet you and Mark too!!!

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 03-20-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #149
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Weekly Disney Activity #7

This is going to be a boring activity update...mainly because my kids are out of town this week with my parents. Brian has to do school work all evening tonight...so what is a Disney loving Mommy to do????

THIS is what a Disney loving Mommy is going to do...all by myself:

And just to keep with the theme, I am going to have one of these, too:

It will be a mini, and I will be doing a little bit of extra exercise to allow for it...

But yeah...

I am NOT gonna let a little alone-ness stop me from my weekly cruise countdown activity!!!

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 03-21-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #150
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

That's a RIOT!!! I am so glad your still going with your activities!!! I would love nothing more then a quiet night with a movie and a blizzard!!!! YUM!!!!

yes!!! we will be going into every Camera shop around the greater Chicago area...

put it this way.. Just imagine how many shoe stores there are in MOA.. Yeah we hit every single one of them I love shoes just as much as the next one.. Yet each store HAD THE SAME PAIR OF FLIP FLOPS!!!

I still love the gals...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: