DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #31
gray52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymahoney View Post
WE just returned back from Disney. Second trip in 2 years. We have a 4 ur old daughter and a 5 month old daughter. We went on the dvc tour at BLT which is not available. We have the numbers and will be financing this no doubt. Here is my questions. Where do I look up resales and is financing available? Is there benefit to buy direct from Disney? Where do I go to look at pictures other than the enhanced Disney villa pictures. To show condition of rooms these days at different resorts? Where do I look up points required for different properties? We like the 2nd and 3rd week of jan. Or between thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks for any help I'm sure you guys get these all the time. Ryan
I have found some great advise and put a lot of stock in the opinions of "Dean" and "Deb & Bill"... Not saying there's not others, but you can be assured that they have helped many many people on these boards make informed decisions.

It's a major investment... And many on these boards, myself included, are of the opinion that if you can't pay cash, you can't afford it. But it's just an opinion. Buying into DVC, you're pre-paying for future use of a hotel... I can't for the life of me see a reason to finance hotel stays... Which after you pay off the initial buy-in, you'll still have yearly maintenance costs... Which increase every year.

I would also suggest taking a hard look at resale. There are a few companies, besides Disney, that offer them... One being the sponsor of this site, and probably the largest of all resellers, The Timeshare Store. There are a couple things you can't do with a resale. However, these restrictions effect a very small percentage of owners. If your intent is to use it to go to Disney, it will not effect you a bit. I own two contracts...both resale... 100pts each at BWV & OKW... Paid cash for both. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Last edited by gray52; 01-16-2014 at 09:33 PM.
gray52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: