Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addiction!
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,649

Is this ok to do or will it create more problems than it's worth?

I am working with a company on a DVC contract. (not the one who sponsors this board) Some changes needed to be made to my contract, and after speaking to my broker, I was told I would have the revised documents by yesterday.

Still no revised contracts. Process seems to be dragging on and on...Communication has been very poor and is frustrating. Is this a red flag or normal?

Last edited by itutorfortravel; 01-17-2014 at 12:12 PM.
itutorfortravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #2

Earning My Ears One At A Time
disneynutz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 19,088

Originally Posted by itutorfortravel View Post
I am working with a company on a DVC contract. (not the one who sponsors this board) Some changes needed to be made to the contract I received at the end of last week, and after speaking to my broker, I was told I would have the revised documents by yesterday.

I called mid afternoon yesterday to check the status and left a voicemail b/c broker did not answer. No return call from broker.

I waited till about an hour and a half after office opened today to call again, no answer, rolled to voicemail. I called main line and then was connected.

Broker said they hoped to have docs to me today. I pointed out a notation on the contract about executing it by today but they said don't worry about that.

But the problem is this is dragging on and on and on. My broker is not very good at communication and has only called me maybe two times during this entire process to keep me updated. I pretty much have to call the broker to follow up on questions I have sent via email or by phone and have not gotten a reply to within a couple days

My question is whether I should request a different broker at the company? Would this cause me more problems than it's worth? Or would you walk away from it?
There is probably only one broker at the company but many agents. If it's fidelity there are only two people working the DVC resales and they may also work other timeshares. If it's another company there may be only one or more.

I would discuss your needs when you finally get someone on the phone, some buyers have a lot of questions, others don't.

It sounds like you are excited and are baby sitting the purchase, the agent is just processing a stack of papers and it's just another day at the office.


disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,511

I believe you are working with Fidelity, correct? Unlike other brokers they have a small staff and things often move at a slower pace. My experience says there's no red flags so far in what you've described. If your concern is that they are somewhat fly by night that is not correct. They're just somewhat less efficient or understaffed.

And I've used them twice for resale.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.