Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2014, 04:18 AM   #1
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

Talking Dont know where to put this question

I am making ADR's for ohana and then watching wishes from the beach at the Poly with my girls whats the best time to make a diner reservation and I was also wondering where i can get them a lei (flower necklace) I heard you get them when you go to Spirit of Aloha but was wondering where else i may be able to get one...

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
Specter
Earning My Ears

I can't help with the lei, but as for when to make the reservation, try for about an hour and a half prior to the fireworks scheduled time. A couple of years ago my family had dinner at Ohana all together and we scheduled it for one hour prior to the fireworks and near the end of the meal the show started. We had a window seat and this was exactly what we wanted so that worked perfectly. Then we had dessert and talked a bit and then went on about our evening. Our times were 7:30 reservation for 8:30 fireworks but they do the show twice on New Years Eve so keep that in mind. I think if we had been a smaller party we would have finished a bit sooner, though if you want to be sure that you're down on the beach and not still seated you can probably safely push that out to two hours prior and then just explore the grounds or get a chair on the beach or whatever you'd like to do.
Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #3
EasternShoreGal
Mouseketeer

The one caution I have for you is that Ohana is notorious for overbooking and you usually have to wait beyond your ADR time so I would err on the side of allowing extra time.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #4
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

I would suggest making the ADR for at least 2 hours before so that you aren't rushing to the beach. If you are early you can watch the movie or water pageant. we go in the summer and plan to watch the water pageant and movie while waiting for Wishes to start.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinksgilrs251520 View Post
I was also wondering where i can get them a lei (flower necklace) I heard you get them when you go to Spirit of Aloha but was wondering where else i may be able to get one...
You might get one from your server at 'Ohana, but it's been hit or miss (all misses for my family). You can go down to Guest Services or the Check-In desk and ask for one. They have baskets full of them behind the counter.

In terms of the ADR, I would allow between 75-90 minutes for the meal itself. As others have said, 'Ohana is notorious for running behind schedule, especially as the evening progresses. Waits of 45 minutes or more are not uncommon. So I'd aim for an ADR about 2.5 to 3 hours before Wishes starts. If you finish early, you can explore the Poly and play out on the beach area while you wait for the show.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

I would make the reservation about 2½ hours before Wishes. As others have said, 'Ohana consistently falls behind schedule as the evening progresses so this gives you a cushion if you have to wait 30+ minutes.

We've seen little kids get leis when they participate in the coconut races and other activities. We've also seen them downstairs on the edge of the guest services counter and they will happily give one to you if you ask.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

We like to get to the beach early and get a table near the beach bar and enjoy a couple cocktails while the kids play in the sand.

You could also stroll through the shops if you have extra time.

9/2010-Poly 9/2013-CSR 3/2014-POR 5/2014-Boardwalk Villas 7/2014-POR 9/2014-Contemporary 9/2014 Yacht Club
*We're working that annual pass before time runs out!

snorkelyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: