Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
StuckinPA
Earning My Ears

Advice on ADRs I'm considering once we hit 180 days. Thoughts?

I'd like to try some new spots, but was hoping to get some input a while before we hit the 180-day mark. I think we'll be forgoing the dining plan this time around if that factors into your opinions of any of them...

Sci-Fi Dine In: My son, 8, but will be 9 when we go, loves these goofy kinda movies.

Via Napoli

Tony's Town Square - I loved it my first trip 15+ years ago, then it went downhill and I haven't been back for some time. I'm wondering if it's time to give it another chance.

Plaza Restaurant

Boma - for breakfast. Anyone know if they have chocolate croissants and regular scrambled eggs? My son is a huge fan of each and we usually do Crystal Palace for breakfast but we'll be staying at AKL and I think he might be over the whole "Pooh characters" part of it.

Raglan Road

Kona - for breakfast. Still haven't tried the Tonga Toast...

Thanks!
StuckinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

Sci-Fi is pretty much a must-do for our family on each trip. My DSs are 6 and 8 and have loved it since the very first visit. The food is far from gourmet but we really enjoy the burgers, fries, and shakes, and we've had friends get the ribs and the reuben and enjoy those as well. The atmosphere is awesome and it's a nice cool relaxing place for a meal break.

Via Napoli was a first time try for us on our last trip in December. My kids and I loved the pizza, but DH didn't care for it. I would say the reviews are largely positive here from what I've read. It's a good deal for out-of-pocket for sure, if you're going for pizza.

Tony's is average Olive Garden Italian....nothing special but nothing awful either, IMO. It's a take-it-or-leave-it place for us. If we need a last minute reservation, we consider it because we can usually get in.

I'm sure others can chime in on your other options. Have a great trip!

CapnJacksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
karly05
DIS Veteran

Via Napoli is my annual must-do, but I am an avowed pizzaholic. Quattro Formaggi pizza is my idea of comfort food. This year I finally tried the zeppole for dessert and now I don't know how I'm going to choose between that and the tiramisu, which I already loved!
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

I agree on Sci-Fi, great atmosphere, great service, good food. Tony's, we went once about 9 years ago and had awful service, and the food was so-so. Raglan Road was great food and great service; our DS said the only mac and cheese that was better was California Grill.

Kona, we will NEVER go back. We have done a dinner and a breakfast. Tonga toast, IMO, was too sweet. Dinner was a train wreck, with quite possibly the worst service we have ever received. Waited 40 minutes for appetizers, and two minutes later our meals were brought out. Two of the three were wrong, and the one that was the correct meal was a steak burnt beyond all recognition. Our son wanted the cotton candy sundae, so we had ordered that with our meals, and it showed up about five minutes later. We advised our server about the food mix up, and she snatched all our plates up as if WE had done something wrong. We asked for the check; she came back and literally THREW it at DH. At that point, I asked for the manager....so yeah...not going back there.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

Kona is my all time favorite for breakfast. I love eggs Benedict and their spin on it was delicious. My daughter loved the tonga toast and DH couldn't even finish his steak. Plus the pressed pot of kona coffee is amazing. We are hoping to try Boma for breakfast next trip as well.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

GOOFY4DONALD is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: