Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2014, 01:31 AM   #61
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesspolly0110 View Post
You guys have caused me to panic and rewrite my entire packing list LOL. Who says you can't be too prepared... Does anyone wear sunscreen in jan/feb down there???
I know I will be packing it. If you have sensitive skin, might as well bring it. Better to bring it and not need it than need it and either get burned or get burned paying the crazy prices down there.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #62
SilverMickey
DIS Veteran

On my most recent trip I used 2 over the door shoe rack... filled it before we left, rolled it up and to unpack I just unrolled it. It was a skinny one and ended up using a hanger on the rod to hold instead of over the door. Worked great. The only thing I couldn't pack that way for the bath was full sized shampoos/body wash and for the closet I packed underwear and socks. Each person in our family of 4 got a column. (This was a cruise and space was an issue. I liked it so much we will start doing it in hotels.)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #63
shadeauxe
Mouseketeer

• Camelbak water backpack. Fill it with ice and water in the morning and you have cold water all day.
  • Map of WDW roads for the car (I used to ask for one from the hotel every trip until I finally remembered to save one)
  • Disney suitcase stays packed with items we bring every trip
  • Extra empty suitcases/duffel bags (2)
  • Change for the tolls
Old 01-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #64
winterman
DIS Veteran

Chip clips. I always buy some snack item that needs one. I have also used them to keep the drapes closed to keep the room dark at night.

1976, 8/1990 offsite (DS and DD's first trip), 11/1995 Disney's Village Resort, 9/1997 CSR (first trip just the two of us), 9/2000 POFQ, 9/2002 offsite, 5/2004 offsite with adult kids, 9/2005 Pop, 9/2006 Pop, 5/2008 offsite, 9/2009 ASMu/POFQ, 4/2010 Pop, 10/2011 Pop (last trip for DH), 12/2012 POR (first solo trip), 7/2013 POR (with DD, DSIL, and DGS!), 11/2013 POFQ (with DS!),11/2014 POFQ (with DS!), 4/2015 ASMo (with DD, DSIL, DGS)

winterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #65
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarie99 View Post
Pepermint oil, a few drops in about 2-3 inches of hot water in the tub each day after you get back from the parks and you feet feel fresh. Plus the added bonus is that your room smells like pepermint the whole trip

We forgot this last time and that will NEVER happen again.
and peppermint oil keeps the mice away...but hopefully not The Mouse
Old 01-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #66
earthiejen
Mouseketeer

Who ever said the paper towel roll for your artwork at HS, that is a great idea! I must remember that. We always end up folding ours to put in our bag and then they have the dumb crease on them.

If you forget a chip clip, we have used my hair clip to keep the drapes closed.

Most of my items I would consider "unique" to packing were already mentioned.

Happy packing!
May 25-29, 2013 Beach Club
August 31-September 4, 2012 All Star Music
September 18-22 2011 Pop Century
2nd trip September 19-24 2010 All Stars Music
Our first Disney trip(March 15-22 2009) was awesome!
earthiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #67
RainbowWit
ToT makes me SQUEEEEE

Cold meds. Even in summer! Allergy meds for sure.
Glow sticks from the dollar store for those waits for the parade and wishes.
Don't underestimate the lack
Of patience of ADULTS during those waits either. I recommend a game on your smart phone like head up. Keeps every one happy. And you meet new friends

Soft sided cooler for poolside!!

Wit Kris JumeeGirl Gamma
RainbowWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:46 AM   #68
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
Small white noise machine and a power strip for all the chargers.
Love my white noise machine. But, one of the best tips I've ever read on the DIS is to turn the clock radio in the room to static for great white noise.

Last edited by lucas; 01-15-2014 at 10:52 AM.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #69
AEpoppins34
Earning My Ears

White noise app for my phone and noise canceling head phones for my 6 month old. The headphones allowed him to sleep in the same hotel room before his brothers went to bed, protected his hearing/ kept from being startled during fireworks and all around made the trip more enjoyable for him and for me. Best investment for a baby I've ever made traveling.
AEpoppins34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #70
trina830
Earning My Ears

Lots of great suggestions! I want to second the suggestion for Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets. These are so great for travel.

One other thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is a dry case for your cell phone for the water parks. I have a DRY PAK brand one and it works great.
trina830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #71
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

I use these S-hooks I got at lowes ($1.50 each) They are great for hanging stuff to dry in the bathroom, or to add to the closet bar to hand bags, etc. You can never have too many hooks!

I also use them at home-- I hang an extra shower curtain rod in the back of the tub and use these to hang swimsuits and towels to dry. It helps immensely when you have more than one swimmer and can't hang stuff outdoors.

Last edited by mdrob214; 01-15-2014 at 02:10 PM.
mdrob214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #72
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

I pack a charger that doesn't require a plug. I like to carry a Trent iTorch in my park bags. It holds about 2 extra charges for my Samsung Galaxy S3. Now that we need to use MDE so much in the parks, I think this is an essential item.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #73
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
Power strip. I learned that tip here on the DIS. I bring one with me on all trips now (regardless of destination). Makes a big difference when travelling with multiple iPhones, iPads, iPods, PSV, laptops, etc.
We don't bring a power strip, but we do bring this Travel USB charger. Since all our phones and tablets and such are USB, this is great! It's a bit smaller than a regular power strip and still charges up to 4 devices

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #74
xie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesspolly0110 View Post
Does anyone wear sunscreen in jan/feb down there???
Absolutely! Just because it's a cooler temp doesn't mean you won't get some UV damage to your skin, or even visibly burn if you stay out in it long enough. You CAN burn in the winter!

I have sensitive, rosacea-afflicted, burn-prone uber pale skin and I wear La Roche Posay SPF 60 (easily obtainable these days at Ulta) with powdered mineral makeup (mine is full of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, both natural physical sunscreens) on top, and it holds well all day. I can even get by without a hat using this combo, tho I usually wear one anyway. I top it off during the day with a fresh dusting of minerals if I need to (if I've been sweating or had to wipe my face for some reason). I can go an entire week there, out in the sun, and I do not even look like I stepped outside at the end. 0 tan (or burn in my case lol). (I use a Neutrogena SPF 90 everywhere else.)

No sign of sun damage age spots for me per my derm, and if I am diligent with application during the trip, no rosacea flares either.

Otherwise, the most useful or comfort-adding things on our last couple of trips were:

1. Everyone has a smart phone now, and we buy a few free/cheap app store games before we leave. It gives people something to do when we're stuck in a particularly onerous line. (My game this time was the free Frozen Disney app.)
2. We always take a power strip, helps a lot.
3. This last trip (for the first time) we took a personal cell charger thing, and that came in handy because the MyMagic+ app is a disaster that sucks your iPhone's will to live. One of those chargers filled up the battery of an iPhone 5 from 0 percent to 100 percent. Unfortunately because it was a corporate "freebie" thing I don't know who manufactures it, but I'm sure many of them work fine.

27 WDW Trips and 2 DL Trips since 1994
Most recently, New Year's 2014
xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:42 PM   #75
redhotariel
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if you were talking about packing for the trip or for the day at the park. I wouldn't say I pack anything out of the ordinary in my suitcase, but in my bag for the park I always carry 2 things, every time I go. A sunblock stick (looks like a glue stick but a little bigger, filled with solid sunblock) as a redhead I can burn anywhere, any time and the sunblock stick is great for re-applying to your face, plus you can do it in line waiting for rides! and I also pack a little spray bottle (can be purchased in a 3 pack at the dollar store) or 2 or 3 filled with water. Sometimes you can get downright hot and just want a spritz of water to cool you down. These work perfect. They are nice and small and refillable so they will last you all day. And neither take up more room than a juice box

1993- WDW-off property, 1995- WDW-off property, 1998- WDW-off property, 2001- WDW-off property, 2003- WDW-off property, 2005- WDW-off property, 2008- WDW-off property, 2009- WDW- off property, 2010- WDW- off property, 2014- WDW - 1 night ASMo, 3 nights CBR, 1 night YC, 2014- WDW- 2 nights ASMo

~~MandaLynn~~
redhotariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: