Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #46
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybird View Post
Air freshener. Particularly if you're are on the dining plan.
No joke ! 1st thing in the packing when DH is going too

I also wipe down the whole room (inside dresser drawers too) Clorox Wipes before I settle in Really liked the idea of the plastic lids to put the bottom of the ice cream stick through to catch drips and I bring a beach or bath towel for after shower and a pair of old Crocs that I only wear walking across motel/hotel/resort room floors
Old 01-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #47
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran

An inexpensive toothbrush holder to place on the vanity & keep all our toothbrushes in one place. Allows them to stay out in the open for easy access while out of the way for housekeeping.

Chewing gum. Can't buy it on property so always bring enough to last me the entire trip otherwise would have to go without.

Mickey & Minnie Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #48
#1DopeyFan
DIS Veteran

Most items have been listed that I usually try and take, but I'll just copy and paste my short list here.
Bonine/Dramamine
Power strip
Water flavor packs
Stamps (for postcards)
Sharpie (autographs, marking refillable cups, etc.)
2 pairs of tennis/walking shoes (at least 2)
Sandals/flip flops (pool, slippers, etc.)
Sunscreen/face sunscreen/chapstick
Ziploc Bags (snacks, TV remote, keep items dry on a dilay basbis...LOTS of uses)
Extra socks
Over the door shoe hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFanSLD View Post

We have tried the over the door shoe organizer, but found that it doesn't usually fit on the bathroom door because the hooks are too narrow.
One solution for this is to use zip ties and hang it over the hang up rod/shelf.
Aug./Sept. 2012 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2008 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2007 ~ Disneyland Hotel
September 2005 ~ Coronado Springs *** February 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 2004 ~ Pop Century *** Dec. 2003 ~ Yacht Club
Jan. 2003 ~ Coronado Springs *** June 2002 ~ Off Site
Jan. 2002 ~ Off Site *** Aug. 2001 ~ All Star Movies
Jan. 1998 ~ Off Site *** Jan. 1995 ~ Off Site
#1DopeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #49
SilverMickey
DIS Veteran

A shamwow in a zip lock bag... sucks up way more than towels for seating after the rain or feet after a water ride. I got flimsy lil flip flops we put on for the water rides and change back into dry sandals/socks/sneakers after. A shamwow handles this family of 4. I also got a package of dry sacks from Wally World that folds up into that ever popular zip lock bag but unfolds to handle the shoes we want kept dry.

My best tip is to bring a pack mule. In my case it is my loving hubby. When we no longer took a stroller he took over back pack or waste pack duty. Again the dry sac fits his pack.

Kmart sells back pack coolers. We use it for picnics at home and I keep thinking it would be great to have at the parks. The walls of the backpack are the ice blocks so the whole thing goes in the freezer to make the ice..... not sure about the freezer part of this scenario.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #50
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMickey View Post
A shamwow in a zip lock bag... sucks up way more than towels for seating after the rain or feet after a water ride.
Here here! This is what we do and it is great idea!

My unique item is an empty paper towel roll. We use it to bring home our "art" from animation class in HS!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #51
FamilyGuy
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Winter hats and gloves have not been mentioned as yet - perhaps it's not as unique idea as I think.

Travelling anytime Nov through Feb to central Florida, I recommend a warm hat and gloves for each member of the party. This has allowed us to stay in the parks when most others are heading back to the resorts. We get to enjoy parades and headliner rides with no crowds and/or waits. Typically only a day or two of the trip, but when the temp drops, many don't anticipate this cold in central FL.
January 2007 a quick and unplanned trip that we decided to take before baby arrives (7 nights POR / SSR)
October 2007 MNSSHP - Boo to You! (7 nights off site/SSR)
January 2008 World championship 3v3 soccer tourney for DS8 @ WWOS (11 nights Wilderness Lodge)
June 2010 Summer Nightastic -closed the late night parks each night! (7 nights Pop Century/SSR)
January 2014 New Years with the Mouse (8 nights AKV Kidani/BCV/SSR THV)
May 2014 - 20th Anniversary trip! (4 night GFV/AKL Jambo)
<--Me <--DW <--DD 19 <--DD 18 <--DS 15 <--DD 9 <--DD 7
FamilyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #52
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedWithDW View Post
Plastic lids (from McDonalds or some other fast food restaurant)... Great for sliding on the stick of Mickey Bars in case they melt. We used to use them for the kids only but they help the adults too!
Cupcake liners work great for this, too! I think I might pack those this time.

My unique and helpful item? Sadly, I'm not unique, but I wouldn't dare leave without hand sanitizer and airborne. I swear by both (sanitizer in moderation, airborne one dose first thing in the morning every day).

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #53
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPaco View Post
Here here! This is what we do and it is great idea!

My unique item is an empty paper towel roll. We use it to bring home our "art" from animation class in HS!
o___o BRILLIANT! I bent my Buzz picture last time and it still has me bummed.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
Old 01-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #54
kagmypts
Earning My Ears

Ziploc bags and ponchos!
kagmypts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #55
MomofIndigo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
I wouldn't dare leave without hand sanitizer and airborne. I swear by both (sanitizer in moderation, airborne one dose first thing in the morning every day).
I am not a sanitizer person at all except at WDW. So many things can affect you when you are run down by walking/standing all day. We start taking Airborne every morning 1 month before our trip. We take it during our trip, and then a couple of weeks after our trip.

1st trip all of us together, DH got really sick after staying one night in a hotel. The next trip, I got sick AFTER we came back. So I am hoping this trip we are sick free completely.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #56
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofIndigo View Post
I am not a sanitizer person at all except at WDW. So many things can affect you when you are run down by walking/standing all day. We start taking Airborne every morning 1 month before our trip. We take it during our trip, and then a couple of weeks after our trip.

1st trip all of us together, DH got really sick after staying one night in a hotel. The next trip, I got sick AFTER we came back. So I am hoping this trip we are sick free completely.
Wishing you a healthy vacation!

So far I'm taking some natural immune boosters (supposed to be easier on the stomach, I've got one heck of a sensitive gut), but I bought a box of Airborne to take, and I think I might double dose while down there.

I'm sure you already know, but don't go crazy on the antibacterial soap- just use regular. Too much antibacterial stuff breeds super bugs that really will ruin us down the immediate road. Regular soap, scrubbing for 30 seconds-1 minute, and rinsing with hot water does wonders. And as always, avoid touching your face, especially if you're the type to touch handrails and stuff for no reason other than you're there. And if we're really getting into the nitty-gritty, wipe down cellphones if you plan on putting them near your face to call and chat with people at all, and always wipe down rooms before settling in. It sounds like a bunch of crazy, but you never know, right?

Old 01-14-2014, 11:31 PM   #57
HaleyB
I am a good sister. Mostly.
I am cunfuzzled now
Wait!! You're a guy???!?

Wine opener (don't judge )

Roll of quarters and old pennies for pressed penny machines.

Band aids

Frogtog towel

Saftey pins

Lost and Found with the Sillies, a Trip Report of sorts
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.

Phbbbt! by steven_and_haley_bach, Hedgehog Blog!http://princesspricklepants.wordpress.com/

Recent Trips: Aug 2010 AKL/BWV; Sept 2010 Hawaii; December 2010 Disneyland; Jan 2011 Mexico Cruise with the girls; Feb 2011 GF Maelstrom Meet; Feb 2011 Anniversary trip AKL CL with 1 night Platinum Plan. May/June 2011 Family trip; GF CL Sept 2012; Bonnet Creek May 2012; YC CL Sept 2013;

[center]Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The Silly Trip Report/Epic (2006 Trip Report) NEW again on 8/31/07 part 21!! Dude!!
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.
[URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157739]

Last edited by HaleyB; 01-14-2014 at 11:37 PM.
HaleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:54 PM   #58
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Japanese Mint Oil - it solves so many ailments (headaches, muscles aches, sniffles, sleeplessness) I take it everywhere with me.

Junior Advil chewable, so much easier than worrying about spoons and measurements when away from home

Ziplock bags

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:38 AM   #59
Princesspolly0110
Earning My Ears

You guys have caused me to panic and rewrite my entire packing list LOL. Who says you can't be too prepared...

Does anyone wear sunscreen in jan/feb down there???
Princesspolly0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 AM   #60
Networth
It all started with a mouse...or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesspolly0110 View Post
You guys have caused me to panic and rewrite my entire packing list LOL. Who says you can't be too prepared... Does anyone wear sunscreen in jan/feb down there???
As a native floridian, no. As a medical provider, yes always wear your sun block. Lol

My item is a beer bottle opener. I can get them off with keys but it's a pain.

Next “official" Trip: 12/12/14-12/21/14 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Networth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: