Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #31
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFanSLD View Post
Brilliant idea! I may steal this one for my DH, who is 6'4" and HATES having to bend over constantly to get stuff out of the low drawers in the resort rooms. It would also be a terrific way to set up your outfits for each day so that everything you need is in one stack that you could just grab at once. At least, if you are OCD like I am, and plan your entire daily wardrobe in advance!
This works great for kids too! Put everything they need to get dressed in the morning in one of these slots---even down to hats and/or hair clips--and they can grab and get themselves ready in the morning. Even if it's something like a pin lanyard, hat, autograph book, etc. Put everything in that one "block" before bed and you're not scrambling in the morning!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-2014, POFQ-August 2015!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #32
GS for life
Mouseketeer

We are DVC, and drive, so we bring a laundry basket, hamper and drying rack. I bring a travel first aid kit too with many assorted band aids. Also, extra towels for bath, pool and kitchen. I keep a Rubbermaid tote (the medium size) with all our Disney travel stuff together so I don't forget. Also, cheap glow sticks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #33
DizFanSLD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
This works great for kids too! Put everything they need to get dressed in the morning in one of these slots---even down to hats and/or hair clips--and they can grab and get themselves ready in the morning. Even if it's something like a pin lanyard, hat, autograph book, etc. Put everything in that one "block" before bed and you're not scrambling in the morning!
LOL - You would think I wouldn't need to worry about this, since my DD is 17, but she would probably benefit from it, since all of her stuff somehow expands to fill all available space, plus 15-20% more! She's like those little sponge toys that grow when you put them in water!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #34
biminibigblue
Earning My Ears

magnet clips! like a chip clip with a magnet on it. I bring several of these and we use them for holding curtains closed, posting the day's itinerary on the door, hanging clothes to dry, closing bags of Goofy's candy, etc.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #35
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Power strip. I learned that tip here on the DIS. I bring one with me on all trips now (regardless of destination). Makes a big difference when travelling with multiple iPhones, iPads, iPods, PSV, laptops, etc.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #36
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

a dozen sheets of Viva paper toweling
Usually carry two in my purse or pocket. Soft enough to clean eye glasses without scratching, yet can be wrung out. Handy for wet benches, spills, drying off after a rain downpour, and very refreshing with cold water and a small dab of soap to wipe sweaty neck, arms and chest.

Travel sized pack of Lysol wipes for the room. When we first arrive in hotel rooms, I'm in the habit of wiping the light switches, faucets, doorknobs, phone, TV remote and vanity top. Like to wipe armrests and tray tables on airplanes, too.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #37
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

an important item for me that i haven't seen mentioned here: fingernail scissors. i get hangnails a LOT, and the little, pocket fingernail clippers are always dull and don't cut well, so i take my fingernail scissors. i cut a 1 1/2" length of drinking straw, and put it over the end of the scissors, to keep them from puncturing anything in my bag.

i'm also a huge fan of bodyglide-can't even begin to count how many blisters that stuff has saved me from!

i need to buy one of those external phone chargers...that seems like a VERY handy item to have!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #38
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

30-day wipes to wipe down doorknobs and light switches in the room. They claim not only to disinfect but also to keep acting as an antimicrobial for 30 days.

Now, their claims may very well be snake oil. But we caught a stomach bug in WDW once (with toddlers, it's almost inevitable that they'll pick up whatever's going around no matter where they are). And I'm paranoid enough of it happening again that I'll waste a buck or two on the chance it could help.
Anonomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #39
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Monistat anti-chafe gel.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #40
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Air freshener. Particularly if you're are on the dining plan.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #41
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

not necessarily unique but we got 4 carry on size suitcases for the family a couple of Christmas's ago so we can all bring our luggage on the plane and not deal with baggage claim or worry about lost luggage.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #42
MomofIndigo
Mouseketeer

We pack w/ space bags. we may not reduce them down with a vacuum (until AFTER the trip) but it keeps our clothes waterproof in case of a spill in the suitcase or on it (weather too). And DH's clothes glitter free from DD's costumes (at least in the suitcases ). Then on our last day, we usually get all the air out of it by rolling them and sealing it. This allows more room in the suitcase without having to pack another bag.

We also use them as our dirty clothes bags within the room. So then when we leave there isnt a whole lot to pack if we are diligent everyday.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #43
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer

Three-in-one laundry sheets - I hate paying for laundry soap at the resorts.

I LOVE the idea of bringing a large ziplock to put my bag in during water rides. I'll have to remember that!
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #44
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

A rechargeable Power Cell so you can charge your phone/tablet at the park without needing to find an outlet.

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
LaLalovesWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #45
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Pepermint oil, a few drops in about 2-3 inches of hot water in the tub each day after you get back from the parks and you feet feel fresh. Plus the added bonus is that your room smells like pepermint the whole trip

We forgot this last time and that will NEVER happen again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: