Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #16
summermac
DIS Veteran

Haven't read all the replies yet but a power strip so you can plug all your chargers in one place (rather than all over the room) is the best packing tip I ever read here.
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #17
summermac
DIS Veteran

Oh ziplocs - brilliant. Why didn't I think of that? LOL

Also I usually pack a couple of grocery store plastic bags to put our dirty socks/bras/undies in. I can't stand them "touching" the other dirty clothes. (I have issues, LOL)
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #18
ariel326
Mouseketeer

-Ziploc bags
-A small credit card wallet- big enough for my Id, a couple cards and my room key but not my huge every day wallet (I don't think I will need my library card at Disney World LOL)
-Moleskin- for blisters
-A travel bottle with a various medicines - Excedrin, Alieve, Tums, etc
-Travel Phone recharger
-A small bottle of bubbles, for DS to blow when there are big lines or we need to take a rest and chill
-New games downloaded on my phone or ipad to keep the kid entertained
-Collapsible bag for extra stuff that is coming home with us
Disney History- every year from 1985-1992- offsite with grandparents. 1993-Contemporary 1994- Grand Floridian 1996-Pop Music 1997- Boardwalk Hotel 2005- Off site, time share 2014- Off site, Kissimmee.

Enjoyed our Offsite 3 day trip over MLK weekend!
Looking forward to our next trip- hoping for 2017! Time to start saving our pennies!
ariel326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #19
Son of Gadsden
Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

Britta filter water bottles!

We read that tip a couple trips ago and haven't looked back! $13 on Amazon or at Target for two. Filters last for something like 200 bottles of water or something, and the filters are cheap. Doesn't purify the water, but makes it taste good...which is perfectly acceptable for Florida water. I kept up with how much we saved on water for the first trip we took with the bottles and I think they paid for themselves in the first two days of our 7 day trip. We've saved a ridiculous amount of money with those handy bottles. Definitely a must have.

Poly- '92, '94,'98, '00, '11, '12,
POR- 10'
AoA- April '13, Dec '13
Pop- Dec '13, Apr '14
CSR- '13
Son of Gadsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #20
jaiminee krikit
Mouseketeer

I bring my own toilet paper. One thing I hate about all of WDW is the toilet paper - hotels, parks, restaurants. I only use my own in our room, but if I wasn't worried about it getting wet in my bag I would probably start carrying it around everywhere! Maybe I should use a Ziploc for that!!
I also store my phone, ID, and money in a small ziploc baggie.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #21
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Small Pop up cube to put on the desk to store MB's or KTTW cards, extra wire hangers, pop up laundry basket and body glide.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #22
DizFanSLD
Mouseketeer

A Swim Towel in a ziploc bag. It is great to wipe down seats after a sudden Florida rainstorm, and they hold a TON of water and wring out easily. When you are done, just pop it back in the ziploc!

I also take a nightlight and a power strip, but I use the "octopus" kind, because many chargers have big chunky plugs, so they won't all fit on a standard strip.

We have tried the over the door shoe organizer, but found that it doesn't usually fit on the bathroom door because the hooks are too narrow.

The travel sized cans of Lysol have become a must-have for all trips.

We have a Lenmar external portable charger that can charge phones and iPod/iPads. Very handy given the power drain on phones in the parks.

I agree on the Pop-up hampers. We drive down to Disney, and I usually take the hamper back full and use a suitcase for souvenirs. When we get home, I just drop the hamper in the Laundry room and get started. When I have needed to wash at Disney, they are super easy to take to the washroom.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #23
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Body glide to put all over my feet every morning, to keep my blister prone feet, blister free. Our whole family uses it and no one ever gets blisters when we do.

I'm always wishing I had a ziplock bag in my purse big enough to throw my whole purse in for water rides. I always forget that. I usually do have a small one in my purse from going through secuity at the aiport, so at least I can keep the cell phone and camera dry.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #24
sixxmum
Mouseketeer

I have taken many of the things noted here (collapsible hamper, night lights, moleskin, etc.). My additions that probably aren't that unique are disposable plastic containers (for leftovers etc.), a box of trash bags for dirty laundry or whatever, a "blister bag" with a needle/alcohol wipes/bandages/moleskin to carry in the parks.

I love the power strip idea!

August 1977 (with Parents) - Fort Wilderness campground
January 2002 - Old Key West
January 2005 - Off site at Westgate
January 2007 - Off site at Vistana
January 2008 - Off site at Vistana
January 2010 - Off site at Vistana
January 2012 - Off site at Vistana
January 2014 - Off site at Vistana
Next trip! - January 2015 - Off site at Vistana
For blog posts about feeding a vegan or multivore family (at WDW and otherwise), visit me at http://theveganasana.com
sixxmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #25
Rose23
Epcot Fan

* emergency kit w/medicine
* list of neighbors telephone numbers
Rose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #26
DisneyCowgirl
DIS Veteran

Scissors--seems like we always end up needing them--and zip lok bags.

Best thing to "pack"--extra space in the suitcase or an extra bag. Not only will you buy stuff, everything takes up a little bit more space on the way home.
DisneyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #27
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

I bring a hanging closet organizer. It's different than the over-the-door shoe organizer. I hang it from the closet rod. It has 7 deeper "shelves" that I use to organize my socks/undies, folded clothes and some toiletries (since it's in the dressing/vanity area at mods). This will free up drawer space for DH and the kids.

9/2010-Poly 9/2013-CSR 3/2014-POR 5/2014-Boardwalk Villas 7/2014-POR 9/2014-Contemporary-CL 9/2014 Yacht Club

snorkelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #28
DisneyMountainWoman
Mouseketeer

Camel-pack backpack, so much better than trying to keep track of water bottles, very comfortable and holds more water than water bottles. Would not go without one.
DisneyMountainWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #29
Clare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelyn View Post
I bring a hanging closet organizer. It's different than the over-the-door shoe organizer. I hang it from the closet rod. It has 7 deeper "shelves" that I use to organize my socks/undies, folded clothes and some toiletries (since it's in the dressing/vanity area at mods). This will free up drawer space for DH and the kids.
This is a fantastic idea! With 3 kids, we never have enough drawer space even at the deluxes & I hate living out of suitcases. Thanks for sharing!
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #30
DizFanSLD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelyn View Post
Brilliant idea! I may steal this one for my DH, who is 6'4" and HATES having to bend over constantly to get stuff out of the low drawers in the resort rooms. It would also be a terrific way to set up your outfits for each day so that everything you need is in one stack that you could just grab at once. At least, if you are OCD like I am, and plan your entire daily wardrobe in advance!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: