DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #76
gracerussell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

I read last week that the MK opens up a backstage walkway to allow people to leave the park when it gets too crowded to walk down main street. That to me is a good example of a negative experience, others might say that Disney is wonderful for letting people exit through the back door, but not me.

Bill
This happened to us on our last trip (12/27-1/1). It was New Years Eve, but early, say 7-ish.
gracerussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #77
gracerussell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3chantal View Post
Because of your financial situation, you are probably a perfect candidate for DVC. We are financially similar to you (but we did pay cash for direct points; no regrets at all).

I haven't found the room significantly subpar at all. There once was a light bulb that needed to be replaced, but it turned out that we didn't ever need that light and this was at AKL which is known for its dark decor.

The upside of DVC for us is that we can fantasize about what to do with our points and make these trips reality, know that the accommodations will be at a consistent standard we are now used to, have found plenty of creative ways to use our points (yes, we see nothing wrong with using them for cruises or trading with RCI) and have something to always look forward to.

Good luck.
Thanks! We are in process of buying 180 points resale at BLT. We would have bought direct if resale wasn't an option, but we couldn't find any really good reason to spending the extra dough. I may regret that when I decide I want to take the family on a cruise

We are currently waiting for ROFR from Disney. Resale agent said it shouldn't be an issue. Very excited, can't wait to get a reservation made! I'm one of those people who gets up at 5 am on the 180th day to make ADRs, sounds like the advance planning is key to making the DVC work well for us.

We hope to get a 1BR villa 11-28 through 12-5 for our family plus my husbands mother. She loves WDW and hasn't been there since 2001. Next year looking at a 2BR villa and taking my parents along. After that we will probably skip a year to let our points accumulate, and after that we would love to do an annual trip.

I can't believe that I will have a Disney trip on the back burner almost constantly from here on out!
gracerussell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #78
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracerussell View Post
Thanks! We are in process of buying 180 points resale at BLT. We would have bought direct if resale wasn't an option, but we couldn't find any really good reason to spending the extra dough. I may regret that when I decide I want to take the family on a cruise ...
So just rent out your points and use the cash to book the cruise.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #79
fishermouse
DVC owner SSR/AKV

If your a disney nut buy, either resale or direct whichever suites you. Only you know your financial state if you have to borrow in the past dvc had good rates and terms. Not every dvc owner paid cash, most of us would not own if we had to. Best resorts in my opinion are SSR, Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge in that order, lots of different opinions on favorite resort just depends what you like. Have not stayed at BLT or BCV. But have enjoyed every stay at all resorts. You were looking for negatives, biggest one is they make you go home when your stay is over.

fishermouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: