Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #16
projectGemini
Earning My Ears

My wife and I just booked the West Coast trip for Next May, so I'm excited to follow along with your trip!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #17
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectGemini View Post
My wife and I just booked the West Coast trip for Next May, so I'm excited to follow along with your trip!
If you are booked on the 3night out of San Diego, we already have a group going and you can look up on the meet thread. Sorry but I don't know how to attach the link.

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #18
projectGemini
Earning My Ears

We're doing the San Diego To Vancouver Trip with a stop in San Fransico
Old 04-05-2014, 11:27 PM   #19
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Hi! Following along because you guys are very much like us .... we stayed in 8532 B2B when the Magic sailed out of NYC. And, we have 12512 booked (Fantasy) for a B2B this October (pricing error on Cat Ts for fall 2014 ... did you see that?)!. Anyway, looking forward to your trip!!

Last edited by AlexandNessa; 04-05-2014 at 11:56 PM.
AlexandNessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #20
disnygirl55
Meeska Mooseka Mouseketeer

Welcome everyone!

I'm planning on doing some SERIOUS packing in about 2-3 weeks, so will post a TR update at that time.

AlexandNessa - that is wonderful - my favorite staterooms in the entire world!! What kind of pricing error was there for fall 2014? I got pretty darned excited when I read that (not like I have any more unplanned vacation time or anything, so it's a moot point) - but I always dream of coming across a pricing error!

If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for a Category T? I am excited for our Dream trip next May in 12512. But I can always hope that the Royal is vacant and we can get it for a song... someday I'd like to experience it!

disnygirl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #21
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

I know, right?! It was a crazy dream come true ... the DCL site had most fall cruises in a Cat T priced incorrectly. They were cheaper than the Vs. The pricing error was 2240$ per adult on a 7 night Fantasy. (The Cat Vs started at 2296$ per adult). After maybe 2 hours, they realized their mistake and they increased the price to $3080 per adult. Our two week B2B was around 9200$ total. Sometimes a week can cost almost that much! Most September to December cruises were priced this way, with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas. My TA got a pricing error cruise too!

If you can upgrade to the Walt, go for it! It's never been available for upgrades when we've gone.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #22
disnygirl55

Time to Pack

Only 11 more days to go, and I began the SERIOUS packing decision-making today. I’ve decided to live in capris and t-shirts at Disneyland, Maxi Dresses for the first few days of the cruise (while we’re still in warmer climes), a nice pair of colored capris and a fancier top for the Lasseter Family Winery tour, and capris or jeans with t-shirts and cardigans to ward off the chill as we cruise further north. Still a few more days until we have any type of reliable weather forecast, so when we actually put clothes into suitcases next weekend, there may be last minute changes. The guys are easy to pack for – shorts, t-shirts, polos for dinners, khaki pants, and a light jacket. Swimsuits, pajamas, socks, underwear, a variety of shoes for different occasions, and we’re all set! I also packed two cocktail dresses for our dinners at Palo. DH will wear a suit and tie.

We finished FE gifts last weekend, and are giving two different gifts. I will post photos when we get back, just so we don’t spoil the surprise if any of our FE group are reading along. One is a unique “from Wyoming” gift, and the other is a cute idea I got from Pinterest that was super easy.

A couple of days ago, Pirates of the Caribbean was drained, and I hear the walls were going up in the Blue Bayou. A bit disappointing, but we decided to cancel our lunch reservations and eat at Café Orleans instead. Since next year is Disneyland’s 60th Anniversary, we will probably have to go back for a short trip, and we’ll make sure to eat there at that time. Such a shame we’ll have to visit again!!

Best news of the week for DS – Space Mountain is going to be open after all! He’s decided to face his fear of upside-down roller coasters and give California Screamin’ a whirl. I hope he really loves it, but our expectation of him is that he should try everything once, and if he really hates it, we won’t pressure him to go again. Of course, if his other option is to take his little cousin on a kiddie ride, he might choose the coaster all day long.

I am going back and re-reading sections of my guidebooks for DCL and Disneyland. An unofficial guide to Disneyland just came out last month, so it’s been fun looking through that. My "ah-ha" moment of the week is that Jungle Cruise is supposed to be pretty awesome at night. I have to say, of my many many rides on Jungle Cruise, I don't think we've ever ridden after dark. Hmmm... so we might give that a whirl. I’ve been loading the kindle with a few selections, so I’m ready for relaxation time on the verandah – Woo Hoo!

Next Up: Disneyland Day 1 (typing this just gave me butterflies in my stomach!)

Old 05-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #23
sheldonlarson1246
Mouseketeer

I just started following along. My girlfriend and I are doing a B2B with the 5 night repositioning and the first Alaskan cruise 9 night. I read all your posts and was wondering what you meant by getting a transfer in Vancouver at 4 am?? Doesn't the ship dock around 7? Only a couple weeks!
sheldonlarson1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #24
Arizona Rita
DIS Veteran

Hey Sheldon!
Look who found you!
I love Disboards and hope you will too!
Arizona Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #25
disnygirl55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonlarson1246 View Post
I just started following along. My girlfriend and I are doing a B2B with the 5 night repositioning and the first Alaskan cruise 9 night. I read all your posts and was wondering what you meant by getting a transfer in Vancouver at 4 am?? Doesn't the ship dock around 7? Only a couple weeks!
Sorry for the confusion Sheldon- we are staying Saturday night in Vancouver. The early wake up call is for our flight back to Denver on Sunday morning. 10 days for us now - SINGLE DIGIT DANCE tomorrow! (I remember how excited I was about the DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE...) You are going to have an awesome vacation - 14 days - WOW! I can only dream that someday I'll be able to do the same. See you on the ship!

Old 05-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #26
puzzlewoman
Earning My Ears

This trip sounds awesome! I really want to do a B2B one day. Have fun!

Sailed:
Jun-2014: Disney Dream 4-night
Dec-2013: Disney Wonder 7-night
May-2013: Disney Dream 3-night
Jan-2013: Disney Fantasy 7-night
Jan-2012: Disney Dream 4-night
puzzlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #27
disnygirl55

Just a very quick update:

We received a call from shoreside concierge a few days ago - the Lasseter Winery tour has been cancelled. Such a disappointment. We were really looking forward to it. So we booked instead on a winery tour visiting two wineries in Sonoma - The Nicholson Ranch Winery and Viansa Winery and Italian Marketplace. With time for lunch on our own in Sonoma. Both look very nice, with several award-winning wines and tasting rooms. Fingers crossed it is a great experience. We've never been to wine country, so it will be fun.

Also - it is going to be HOT like you wouldn't believe while we are in Disneyland Wednesday - Friday. Floating around 100 degrees. I hope it keeps the crowds a little lower so that we can get more done in the morning hours. I called the Grand Californian and reserved a poolside cabana for Friday afternoon. I think it will be fun and relaxing for everyone, and the kids can play in the pool while we sit in the shade with icy drinks. I imagine we'll be sick of fighting the heat at that point.

The majority of the packing was completed yesterday. Honestly, it was a FUN Mother's Day to get everything in suitcases. So close now. Just have to tie up a few loose ends at work, and we're OFF!!!

Old 05-12-2014, 07:16 AM   #28
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

How exciting! We are locals to the DLR area and know you're going to have an awesome time! Stay cool! So excited for you as your cruise is soooo close now! Enjoy and have an spectacular time!!!

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #29
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Joining in from just south of you! A cruise and trip to DL sounds just like the thing during this snowstorm!

BTW, I ate at Napa Rose Chef's Counter last month and I let the chef choose my meal. It's the same price as the Vitner's menu and was a lot of fun!

Jill in CO
Old 05-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #30
disnygirl55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
How exciting! We are locals to the DLR area and know you're going to have an awesome time! Stay cool! So excited for you as your cruise is soooo close now! Enjoy and have an spectacular time!!!
Thank you so much - we are really looking forward to it! I'm going to make myself leave the parks for a couple hours in the afternoon to keep my sanity in the heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Joining in from just south of you! A cruise and trip to DL sounds just like the thing during this snowstorm!

BTW, I ate at Napa Rose Chef's Counter last month and I let the chef choose my meal. It's the same price as the Vitner's menu and was a lot of fun!

Jill in CO
Welcome back Jill! I have been waiting for you to start your trip report, but you've been a busy lady! I am glad you had a good time at the Chef's Counter - we are planning to let the Chef choose for us as well. REALLY looking forward to it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: