Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Need help with Online Check-in - Registering Children

Ok experienced cruisers. I am very confused and could use some guidance.

We are travelling with our three kids (14, 12, 9) on our first DCL cruise (first family cruise actually). I just checked us in online and my next step is to register kids for the kids' clubs. When I go into the screen to do that, it says that the Oceaneer's Club is for kids 3-10. But the screen lists both my 12 yo and my 9 yo. Do I need to register both of them? My 12 yo ds will not want to be treated like he is 10 or under so I don't want to screw up here. I checked his bday and it is showing the right year. I don't have the option to "unselect" one child.

Also, it says for me to select which adults can check them in and out of the kids' clubs. The choices are me, dh and dd14. I thought I could elect for the younger kids to check themselves in and out? I don't see that option anywhere?

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

The Oceaneers Club/Lab is for ages 3-12.
Edge is for ages 11-14.
Vibe is for ages 14-17.

Your older 2 kids do not need to be registered; the 9-yr-old can be registered at the Club/Lab. I think you arrange for self-check-out privileges onboard.

Your 12-yr-old can attend either the Club/Lab or Edge, likely allowed to do both throughout the cruise.

Your 14-yr-old can attend either Edge or Vibe, also likely allowed to do both.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
RHSTigerMom
Mouseketeer

Make the check-out password easy to remember! (Speaking from experience)
RHSTigerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHSTigerMom View Post
Make the check-out password easy to remember! (Speaking from experience)
the kids need a check out password to check themselves out?
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDS View Post
the kids need a check out password to check themselves out?
No, the parents need to remember what password was chosen upwards of 75 days earlier!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Ok experienced cruisers. I am very confused and could use some guidance.

We are travelling with our three kids (14, 12, 9) on our first DCL cruise (first family cruise actually). I just checked us in online and my next step is to register kids for the kids' clubs. When I go into the screen to do that, it says that the Oceaneer's Club is for kids 3-10. But the screen lists both my 12 yo and my 9 yo. Do I need to register both of them? My 12 yo ds will not want to be treated like he is 10 or under so I don't want to screw up here. I checked his bday and it is showing the right year. I don't have the option to "unselect" one child.

Also, it says for me to select which adults can check them in and out of the kids' clubs. The choices are me, dh and dd14. I thought I could elect for the younger kids to check themselves in and out? I don't see that option anywhere?
Your 12 year old is listed because he is in the age group that is allowed to go to the Club/Lab. If he chooses to do that, he'll need to be registered. You can designate self-checkout priviledges for the 9 year old during the registration process, or not designate of course, whichever is your preference!

If your 12 year old is only going to be interested in Edge, then don't worry about registering him, you can always do it on board if he changes his mind.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
No, the parents need to remember what password was chosen upwards of 75 days earlier!
lol, but if the kid has self check out, why do I need to remember a thing? I'll just tell him to come if he wants dinner. In all seriousness, is it really hard to remember a password? if it is, choose a easy to recall phrase like "give me my kid."
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDS View Post
lol, but if the kid has self check out, why do I need to remember a thing? I'll just tell him to come if he wants dinner. In all seriousness, is it really hard to remember a password? if it is, choose a easy to recall phrase like "give me my kid."
I forgot the password I registered with online. When I registered my kids I believe I just gave the full birth date of my daughter and they told me the password.
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #9
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

I can totally see myself forgetting the password!

Thanks for the help. I think I'll only register dd9 if it will let me. If not, I'll wait til I am on the ship.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: