Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Will one if the reservations get canceled?

They will be 6 if us on the reservation. Mil, Fil, and niece then our family of 3. Since the kids are different ages we aren't planning on spending all our time together so if we make two reservations of 3 people at two restaurant at the same time will it cancel one?

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
summermac
DIS Veteran

Are you all on the same resort stay?
The online system will not allow you to book 2 reservations for same time. (Although I've never tried to split a party like that so maybe it can be done.)

Now if you have two separate reservation #s it won't be a problem at all - book one per #
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
lizard1
DIS Veteran

We made two separate reservations, each for half of our party, for our upcoming stay with no issues. We have a group of 8 and we have one reservation for 4 at 6:50 and another reservation for 4 at 7:00. So, technically not at the same time, but definitely overlapping reservations. I don't know if you can book it online that way because I had to call since it wouldn't recognize the 180 + 10 online for me, but they put it in the system with no problems.
lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

If you already have a reservation and try to make a second one for the same time, the system will usually ask if you want to cancel the first reservation before allowing you to make the second reservation. To make the second reservation it will have to be in the name/phone number of a different person.

If you make 2 separate reservations and then ask to be seated at the same table, you may have to wait longer since you'll now need a 6 top instead of two 4 top tables. There is also the possibility that the CMs will not be able to seat all of you together and you may be at separate tables. The CMs will do their best to accommodate you, but there's no guarantee.

You can make one reservation for all 6 of you. If not everyone decides to come, just let the CM at the podium know there are fewer of you when you check in. It's always easier to show up with fewer people instead of having 2 reservations and then hope that you can all be seated together. As long as at least one person shows up for the reservation you will not be charged the $10 per person no show fee.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you make the reservations online, under the same name, within 2 hours of each other, the system will not allow you to do that.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala
If you make the reservations online, under the same name, within 2 hours of each other, the system will not allow you to do that.
Does that mean if one is under there first name amd one under my husband's first name attached to our reservation number, we would be ok?

Old 01-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #7
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment
If you already have a reservation and try to make a second one for the same time, the system will usually ask if you want to cancel the first reservation before allowing you to make the second reservation. To make the second reservation it will have to be in the name/phone number of a different person.

If you make 2 separate reservations and then ask to be seated at the same table, you may have to wait longer since you'll now need a 6 top instead of two 4 top tables. There is also the possibility that the CMs will not be able to seat all of you together and you may be at separate tables. The CMs will do their best to accommodate you, but there's no guarantee.

You can make one reservation for all 6 of you. If not everyone decides to come, just let the CM at the podium know there are fewer of you when you check in. It's always easier to show up with fewer people instead of having 2 reservations and then hope that you can all be seated together. As long as at least one person shows up for the reservation you will not be charged the $10 per person no show fee.
The thing is we dont plan to eat together or even hang out together most of the trip. They are staying with us to help them with cost but we plan on doing our own thing. There will only be like 2 times we eat table service together and for those times I will book as 6.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #8
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by summermac
Are you all on the same resort stay?
The online system will not allow you to book 2 reservations for same time. (Although I've never tried to split a party like that so maybe it can be done.)

Now if you have two separate reservation #s it won't be a problem at all - book one per #
It will be one reservation number, they will be staying with us. They will even have less ticket days than we will. They will be in our room.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #9
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard1
We made two separate reservations, each for half of our party, for our upcoming stay with no issues. We have a group of 8 and we have one reservation for 4 at 6:50 and another reservation for 4 at 7:00. So, technically not at the same time, but definitely overlapping reservations. I don't know if you can book it online that way because I had to call since it wouldn't recognize the 180 + 10 online for me, but they put it in the system with no problems.
Thank you that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:59 PM   #10
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
The thing is we dont plan to eat together or even hang out together most of the trip. They are staying with us to help them with cost but we plan on doing our own thing. There will only be like 2 times we eat table service together and for those times I will book as 6.
If you want to make the reservations online you will need to make them with 2 different names and phone numbers. If you're not dining together you can put the second reservation in the name/phone of someone who will be using that res.

If you call, you'll be able to explain the situation when you make the reservations.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #11
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment

If you want to make the reservations online you will need to make them with 2 different names and phone numbers. If you're not dining together you can put the second reservation in the name/phone of someone who will be using that res.

If you call, you'll be able to explain the situation when you make the reservations.
Thank you that is very helpful!

Old 01-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #12
owestyo
Earning My Ears

Be careful with the reservations an make sure you check them with the concierge in you hotel before you go. We turned up at the coral reef on our trip and they knew nothing about out booking. They were fab though and booked us straight in.
owestyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: