Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #76
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Sounds like a great day of experiences planned. I sure hope you don't get "I told you so" at Via Napoli.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:16 PM   #77
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Joining in on this one a little late. Sounds like a great plan all the way around.

We have had enough rain in the last few days to last a long time. Most of the time it is brief rain and thats it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2014, 08:50 AM   #78
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

Joining in.....can't wait to hear how you like Via Napoli. I want to try it out next time too....and my family also keeps saying its just pizza. But they also have sangria "in a pitcher" yummy!!!!

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
ttcl516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #79
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Sounds like a great day of experiences planned. I sure hope you don't get "I told you so" at Via Napoli.
Thanks! I hope Via Napoli works out cause you probably know how mother's can be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post
Joining in on this one a little late. Sounds like a great plan all the way around.

We have had enough rain in the last few days to last a long time. Most of the time it is brief rain and thats it.
Hi Ed! Glad you joined in. I sure hope we don't get the kind of rain you are getting right now! So far the forecast looks pretty good through Wednesday. It's supposed to be a little cooler on the wedding day but no rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcl516 View Post
Joining in.....can't wait to hear how you like Via Napoli. I want to try it out next time too....and my family also keeps saying its just pizza. But they also have sangria "in a pitcher" yummy!!!!
Thanks for joining in! Oh man, I love sangria!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #80
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Friday, February 14, 2014 Mom's Christmas Present

Every time we plan a trip to Disney, Mom mentions wanting to eat in the castle. But three trips later and we still hadnít planned a meal at CRT because she always defers to what everyone else wants. A few months before Christmas, I was trying to decide what to get her for Christmas so on a whim, I checked to see if there were any breakfast ADRs for Friday. I did not expect to find anything but was totally shocked to see an 8:35 am opening. So of course I snagged it!

My next problem was how to ďgiveĒ it to her for Christmas. I do some dabbling in scrapbooking so I decided to make her an invitation from Cinderella. Hereís the final product.

Front:

Inside:

I had planned to use the gold lettering though the whole thing but seriously underestimated the number of packs I would need. Plus when started making the card, I realized there were no numbers in the gold pack. Duh, didnít think that one through too well, did I? At least I had the pink letters as backup.

I didnít get to go home this year for Christmas but did watch Mom open the card through Facetime. She is so excited to finally eat there! We have spent a lot of time discussing the various princesses we will meet and also deciding on what we will wear for our picture with Cinderella. Mom wants a nice one to hopefully frame.

So once again we will be headed back to MK for our fairytale breakfast.

And we will also get to see Main Street with very few people on it! Iím hoping to get to the gates a little early so we can take our time and get some photos along the way.

After breakfast, we will finally be meeting up with Morgan and her gang for some time together! Steveís family is leaving on Thursday so Morgan wonít be tied up with them. Iím not sure what we will do but it will probably consist of rides like Dumbo:

Or maybe the Barnstormer:

Maybe we will even meet some characters with the kids:

Sometime during the morning, the kids have an appointment at the Pirates League so Mom and I will be joining them to watch how that all works.

I think we will probably eat lunch with them somewhere and then they will be heading out. They fly home that night but Mom and I are staying one more night.

We will be on our own again for the afternoon and will figure out what we want to as we go. Maybe some resort hopping? I really want to visit AOA and Mom loves the GF and Poly.

Dinner this night is at the Captainís Grille at the Yacht Club at 6:35 pm.

Iím hoping to get there a little early as the Yacht Club is one of the only Deluxe Resorts I havenít visited. Iíve read both good and bad about this restaurant but the menu sounds delicious and both Mom and I love seafood. I hope we love it!

Epcot is open until 11 pm so maybe after dinner we will spend some time in Wolrd Showcase. We talk every time about all the drinks we are going to try and then never do. Maybe this year we will get some of those in.

We could also head back to MK for some late night fun as it's open until 1 am.

Up Next: Saturday, February 15, 2014 Departure Day
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #81
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Awesome, awesome, awesome Christmas gift for your Mom!!!! Love it!

They let all "before park opening" adrs into MK at the same time, so you will have pleanty of time to meander up Main Street and get some pictures... THere are usually several Photopass photographers lined up to get your photos as well.

Your day sounds perfect!!!

Ok - is your ticker off? It says 5 days... I think you leave sooner?

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #82
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

This is one Trip report i am really anticipating!!! everything sounds PERFECT!!!! Down to the dumbo or barnstomer ride! Love you and your Mom are going to have a FANTASTIC day together! nothing beats mom and Daughter days!!! Just noticed it will be Valentines day too! (not a fan of the hallmark day )
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #83
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

The alone time with your mom sounds like it will be great! Can't wait to hear about the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I hope Via Napoli turns out to be a good choice for the both of you And it sounds like breakfast at CRT will be a very special experience for the 2 of you!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #84
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

oh yeah, mother/daughter at CRT.....someday I will do that!!!!

that card was adorable!!!! I have a small addiction to scrapbooking supplies, now if I could just start on the scrapbooking!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:39 AM   #85
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

What an awesome Christmas present to give your mom. And that card you made is fantastic. That would have been such a kick to experience her reaction when you gave it to her.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #86
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Dan and I did the KTTK tour and it was fantastic! We had a guide that was hilarious and had been with Disney a very long time. You will love it!

The CRT surprise for your mother was perfect!! I'm sure she was beyond excited. I so wish one of my girls loved Disney. I would love a mother daughter(s) trip. But they are not fans. Enjoy every minute. This is my last post since I leave tomorrow morning, so I want to wish you a fantastic trip, wedding and weather. Hope to catch you sometime.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #87
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Thanks! I hope Via Napoli works out cause you probably know how mother's can be!

Hi Ed! Glad you joined in. I sure hope we don't get the kind of rain you are getting right now! So far the forecast looks pretty good through Wednesday. It's supposed to be a little cooler on the wedding day but no rain.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
I think you will be just fine down here

Old 02-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #88
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post
I think you will be just fine down here

see I told you this morning the weather is/will be glorious and Ed just guaranteed it and since I won't be staying at WDW when you're here that's even more of a guarantee it ALWAYS rains when I do !
Old 02-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #89
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Our flight today was cancelled due to Atlanta weather. I hope you're doing alright and that it isn't impacting you too much! We're booked on a nonstop to Orlando later today, but our weather has started acting up pretty badly, so not sure that's going to happen either. I really hope the weather clears up for your trip in a few days!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #90
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Our flight today was cancelled due to Atlanta weather. I hope you're doing alright and that it isn't impacting you too much! We're booked on a nonstop to Orlando later today, but our weather has started acting up pretty badly, so not sure that's going to happen either. I really hope the weather clears up for your trip in a few days!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was thinking about you all morning!!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: