Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #16
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry it took me a while to get back here. I love the intros and can't wait to hear all about the plans.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #17
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Saving my spot; will read at office when I get there.
Glad you are here Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm here! Sounds like a fun family trip!
I do hope it will be fun and not too stressful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
I AM IN!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!
So exciting!!!

You are welcome! Thanks for joining in Mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolacindy View Post
I'm in! Holy crow thats alot of people to try to organize.
Yep, it's going to be a bit of a nightmare to coordinate everyone! I'm just glad I only have 6 to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am totally IN for this one!!! Oh how CRAZY - but oh how FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

D~
It is going to be both crazy and fun!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #18
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsouvenirs View Post
craziness!!! following
Definitely going to be crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajo143 View Post
Sounds fun, count me in!
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
here here would not miss another adventure even if have to check in infrequently for now
Hi Ruthie! Whenever you can stop in is fine by me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Oh goodness~ hate it when work delays my Dis-time! Just hoping I still make it on page one!

Gotta go back and read now...

That was a great intro...so many folks to introduce us to!!! It should prove to be a very fun trip, but I am afraid you may feel pulled in too many directions. For sure you will have to approach this trip with a completely different mind set. Eager to see how it all turns out for you!
Hi Connie! You still made the first page! I totally understand about work interferring with DIS time. I really should be working right now.

I think it is going to be a very different trip than I'm used to. I'm not going to have a whole lot of say on what we do each day because both my Mom and Brother have been many times and know what they want to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680 View Post
Following
Hi! Glad you are here!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #19
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Joining in! Wow, crazy how this trip changed from a family trip to an even BIGGER family trip! But it sounds like it will be a lot of fun, and how awesome to attend a wedding at WDW! Can't wait to hear about all the plans
I cannot wait to see how the wedding turns out! I'll be telling you as much as I know when I get to that day. I do know there will be no characters there because it was mega expensive to have them there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
30 - 40???

The more I think about it, that might be a low estimate! There are 19 just in my introduction and I have no idea how many people will be coming from the grooms side. And then there are friends of the bride and groom too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry it took me a while to get back here. I love the intros and can't wait to hear all about the plans.
No problems Kathy, I know what a rough few days you've had. Day 1 plans coming up!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #20
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Magic Bands are Here!

When it came time to pick our Magic Band colors I sent out an e-mail asking everyone what color they wanted. I wasn't too worried about us each having a different color since they have a name on the inside. It turned out that everyone picked a different color and I was perfectly fine with the color that was left over.

Mom - Orange (for Goofy)
John - yellow
Jocelyn - Pink
Pat - Green
Bob - Blue

So that left me with Red. Both mine and Mom's came to my house and I sent her's on up to her yesterday so she could wear it some before the trip. She wanted to have some time to get used to having it on her wrist.

As for the Magical Express documents, well I think they are screwed up. Everyone has gotten their documents except for Mom. Last time we went together, I got all of the luggage tags and DME info for both of us. This year, the packet I got only has my information and tags in it and everyone else in my group has already gotten their tags. I guess I will be calling Disney tonight if Mom doesn't get them in today's mail. I should have expected something, they always tend to screw it up when there are people from different destinations in the same room. This will be the third time something has been messed up for Mom and I!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #21
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Feb. 8, 2014 Let's Hit the Ground Running

Before I start on our arrival day, hereís the dates that everyone will be there.

Me and Mom: February 8th Ė 15th
John & Jocelyn: February 8th Ė 12th, then they will be heading to Universal from the 13th Ė 15th.
Bob & Pat: February 8th Ė 11th
Jim: February 9th Ė 11th
Morgan & her family: February 8th Ė 14th
Everyone else: I have no clue

As you can see by the dates, Bob & Pat will only be there for four days and one of those will be taken up by the wedding. It was my job to make us a schedule that would get as much park time as possible for them without exhausting everyone. Not an easy task at Disney! To make things worse, Disney did not release park hours for February until well after our ADR date. I had to pick all of our park days and schedule our ADRs blind.

We scheduled our flights for fairly early in the morning but everyone is arriving from different states and therefore different times.

I do not know when Jordan, Abby and Sadie or Sydney and Kevin arrive. The first flight I am aware of lands at 9:45 am. On that flight will be Mom, John, Jocelyn, Esther, Jim, Morgan and her family. Next, I land at 10:20 am. Bob and Pat are last to arrive and they land at 11:20 am.

Iím going to try to send John & Jocelyn ahead so they can get an extra hour in the parks but I donít know if they will go. If anything, Mom and I will for sure wait at the airport for Bob & Pat to arrive.

We will then head to the DME to catch a bus to our resort.

Where are we staying, you ask? If you havenít figured it out by my ticker, we are at All Star Sports. Mom and I wanted to do a moderate but most of the group wanted to go as cheap as possible. I donít mind, Iíve never stayed at All Star Sports (how do you abbreviate that without swearing?) so this will be another one to check off my list.

Once we arrive at the resort we will check in and then if the rooms are ready, drop off our bags. I think by this time we will be hungry so it will be time to check out the newly renovated food court. They added three ďmake your ownĒ stations, pasta, salad and burgers plus they also have gelato now. I wasnít thrilled about our first meal being at the resort food court but now that theyíve added some stuff Iím kind of excited.

After lunch, me, Mom, Bob and Pat (and John & Jocelyn if they didnít go ahead) will head out to the bus stops to catch a ride to our first park, Hollywood Studios. As far as I know Morgan and her gang are not going to a park on this day. They have the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner that night so thereís really no time for them to head to a park. I have a feeling they will probably relax at the resort and maybe do some swimming if itís warm enough.

I am expecting HS to be very crowded on this day because itís Saturday and there are morning EMH. Of course I didnít know about the morning EMH when I made our plans since the hours were so late in posting.

Our first stop is probably going to be here:

We have a FP+ for 2:10 Ė 3:10 pm. Yeah, we probably donít really need the FP+ for the GMR but with the new tiering system, thereís not much else to choose from. Plus with the tight schedule, every minute we can save will be worth it.

After we ride GMR, Iím not sure what we will do next. I plan on listing out the different shows for Bob & Pat, maybe on the bus ride to the park. If they are interested in any of those we might try to catch one or two.

Sometime close to 4:30 pm, we will need to head down Sunset Blvd to our second FP+. Mom and I spent a long time discussing whether we would hit RnRC or TSM with my aunt and uncle since they are both 1st tier rides now and you can only choose one of them. Mom decided that RnRC would be better because they like coasters. Our FP+ is from 3:50 pm Ė 4:50 pm and I want to hit it as close to the end of the time as possible. Youíll see why in a minute.

Iím hoping that I wonít feel yucky again riding the coaster like I did on the October trip. Its Momís favorite though so Iíll tough it out for her!

Our final FP+ for the day is this baby:

The time is 5:00 pm Ė 6:00 pm so thatís why we need to hit RnRC near the end of the FP+. That way we wonít have to go back down Sunset Blvd for TOT.

Weíll see what else we can catch after TOT but we need to exit the park by 6 pm so there may not be time for much.

We will be catching a boat and heading to the Beach Club for dinner here:

John & Jocelyn picked all of the restaurants for the time they are with us at WDW. Mom and I go more often so we let them have their choices this time. Mom and I ate at Cape May in 2012 and I guess we raved so much about it that they wanted to try it too. Our ADR is for 7 pm and hopefully everyone will enjoy the seafood buffet.

After dinner, we will walk through Epcot to catch a bus back to our resort. Mom is hoping we may have time for a drink in WS but I donít think it will be possible with Epcot closing at 9 pm. If anything, we may catch Illuminations if anyone is interested because we wonít be able to see it on our Epcot day.

Up Next: Sunday, Feb 9th, 2014 AK & Epcot
Old 01-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #22
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Nothing like hitting the ground RUNNING!
Wow i cannot wait for the trip report on this! PLEASE take a ton of pictures with that awesome camera you have!!!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #23
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

HS first!! Looks like you have some good rides picked out. CAPE MAY!! That was one of the places that WAS going to be an ADR for us for last year. I will try it someday!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #24
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Not trying to throw a monkey wrench on the FP+ plan that arrival day BUT I'm confused I thought since RNRC and TOT are both considered Tier 1 rides that you have to either or pick ? Isn't it only 3 FP+ per day in one park and only one choice can be Tier 1 ?

and FYI All Star Sports = AS (space) Sports the others are ASMO and ASMU

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<--- THE cake see post # 2000

Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #25
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

It is so hard to plan a trip for a big group when everyone has different arrival/departure days and times. I had to do some of this for our wedding trip, and it was exhausting! I hope that everything works out well for you though.

You have a great first day planned for everyone

We've stayed at All Star Sports before. It isn't my favourite resort, but it was always clean, it has a great Disney atmosphere, and well, it is much better than being at home! I'm interested to read some reports about the changes to the dining area too, from what I've seen so far, it looks pretty nice.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #26
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Following! We're off in Feb 2014 too

That's a LOT of people going, sounds fun but also a bit chaotic!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:37 AM   #27
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

That's a lot of organisation! Hope all your FP+ selections work out. I'm with Ruthie....are you able to book both ToT and RnRC on the same day?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:38 AM   #28
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Not trying to throw a monkey wrench on the FP+ plan that arrival day BUT I'm confused I thought since RNRC and TOT are both considered Tier 1 rides that you have to either or pick ? Isn't it only 3 FP+ per day in one park and only one choice can be Tier 1 ?

and FYI All Star Sports = AS (space) Sports the others are ASMO and ASMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That's a lot of organisation! Hope all your FP+ selections work out. I'm with Ruthie....are you able to book both ToT and RnRC on the same day?
From what I have read (and you may want to research yourselves, because I cannot remember where I read it...) - I thought that TSM and RnR are Tier 1, and ToT and a few others are Tier 2? But, like I said, I could be very wrong. If it were me, and I was deciding the tiering - I would say that TSM, RnR and ToT would all be Tier 1. But I remember thinking specifically to myself that it was strange ToT was in a different tiering bracket than the others, as it's a very popular ride. It works to the Guest's benefit if this truly is the case though.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #29
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Hope you don't mind if I join in. I'll be there the same time you will. I'll keep my eye out for a large, crazy, fun-loving group!

Your plans sound great so far. I don't think I could ever go to HS and NOT do TSM, but that's just me. I wouldn't want to skip RnRC or TOT either, come to think of it. I hope you have a wonderful time, despite the headaches of planning and keeping things straight. I would love to attend a wedding at Disney, just because I think it would be such a romantic setting. I have one more child who isn't married yet and he lives in Florida, so maybe one day...

Can't wait to see your other plans. Keep em coming, and thanks for letting me tag along.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #30
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I don't know how you keep track of that many people's plans.

I always abbreviate All Star Sports as ASSports...figured I was safe that way. We stayed there for two nights in 2000; we moved two days later to the Coronado and that's how we fell in love with CSR (after two nights at AASports, I had to get out of there before I strangled someone; in all fairness, we were there with a huge group of baseball and softball players...but it drove me batty).

Love that you are going to a park on arrival day and riding my favorite ride too. Love me some TOT.

Nice way to end your day with dinner at Cape May.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: