Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
bettysmith098
Earning My Ears

Total bill for Remy

I wanted to treat my uncle and aunt to a lunch or dinner at Remy (whichever is better) I see its about $75 pp I believe, (they do drink lots of alcohol) but i have read where some spend way more then $250-$500. I am not willing to spend that. How can I treat them but make sure I dont get a bill that will make me faint?
bettysmith098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettysmith098 View Post
I wanted to treat my uncle and aunt to a lunch or dinner at Remy (whichever is better) I see its about $75 pp I believe, (they do drink lots of alcohol) but i have read where some spend way more then $250-$500. I am not willing to spend that. How can I treat them but make sure I dont get a bill that will make me faint?
Are they in their own room? If so, You can just put XX amount of credit on their onboard account. Whatever amount you wish. If they spend more than that, they will be paying for it on their bill.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

I would simply apply credit towards their room in the amount that you are willing to give them. If they decide to go beyond that amount, it is on their bill.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
bettysmith098
Earning My Ears

Yes they have their own room. Okay thats a good idea, but so I can explain to my relatives ..does Remy lunch or dinner actually include wine or champaign? And if something cost extra do they tell you first or only if you ask?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #5
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettysmith098 View Post
Yes they have their own room. Okay thats a good idea, but so I can explain to my relatives ..does Remy lunch or dinner actually include wine or champaign? And if something cost extra do they tell you first or only if you ask?
I haven't been for lunch but can tell you about dinner. Wine is absolutely not included but it is very obvious that it isn't. You are invited down in advance to meet with the sommelier to select your wines. I believe the wine pairing with dinner is $99 each, if you choose not to buy bottles. We bought a bottle of red and a bottle of white and our servers were very good about figuring out how to drink those with our individual courses. Nothing else was extra, just the alcohol.

Great evening; expensive and very much worth it. I would cruise DCL again just for Remy.

Here's a link that may answer some of your questions:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...y/dining/remy/
Old 01-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
bettysmith098
Earning My Ears

Sorry last question. So you mean for the $99 each pp, you only get a total of two bottles of wine?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

No. The $99 each is for the wine pairing that goes with the tasting menus they serve. We didn't do it but have done it before on Celebrity. It is a glass of wine with each course. If you look at the Remy dinner menu on the website, it lists the wines that go with each:

Tasting Menu/Wine Pairings

The Chef Sommelier has carefully selected the following wines to complement the flavors' and characteristics of the Saveur and Goût tasting menus. Wine Experience $99 per person.

Saveur

Saint Jacques — Domaine de Ladoucette Pouilly Fumé Baron de L '08
Gnocchis — Taittinger Nocturne Ooh La La
Flétan — Château Pape Clément Pessac-Léognan '03
Biche — Domaine E. Guigal Hermitage '07
Chocolat Praline — Domaine Weinbach Riesling Cuvée Theo '11

Goût

King Crab — Moët et Chandon Brut Imperial Special Edition
Black Cod — Château d'Esclans Esclans '11
Quail — Trimbach Riesling Trédéric Emile '06
Marcho Veal — Château Beauregard '06
Peruvian Chocolate — Domaine E. Guigal Crozes-Hermitage '07

We chose not to go that route and chose our own bottles instead. They have hundreds of bottles of wine to choose from. I don't remember any single bottle costing under $75 (but maybe my memory is failing) and they go up from there. Our two bottles cost as much as the pairings would have. Here's another link with a detailed review, perhaps it will shed some more light:

http://foodietales.com/2013/03/two-t...isney-fantasy/

It was me and DH so one of us ordered Saveur and the other Gout. That way we had some of each and could share. They suggested we do it that way and they were right!

Ask all the questions you want! If it weren't so late, Shmoo and LB Graves would still be answering them. You'll probably get more feedback tomorrow!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: