Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #16
margaret07013
Mouseketeer

If I were you - I would go with WL or CR and no preference to which one. Why? with your kids and your parents you will need the easiest access to MK. the boat from WL or 5 min walk from CR are priceless when you visit MK.
margaret07013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #17
Lyndarella
All my dreams are coming true

If you are talking about regular hotel rooms, would you get just 2? The grandparents get 1, DH & DW & 2 kids get 1, and where does the uncle sleep? In a 2 BR villa, the grandparents could have the master, the family of 4 get the two beds in the other bedroom, and the uncle sleeps on the pull-out sofa.

There is also a difference in having a kitchen or not. Even if you don't want to cook, you can have light meals and leftovers in your kitchen. (Things that require more than a fridge.) In regular hotel rooms you will be spending A LOT more on food.

I would go with either of the villas.
95, 01 - DH, me, and kids, offsite
02 - bought a FL timeshare AND DVC!
02 - May offsite & VWL with DH, + Oct offsite & GF just girls
03 - May offsite & AKL with DH, + Sept BWV 2BR just girls
04 - May offsite & VWL with DH, my birthday!
07 - May offsite with DH
08 - September DH and me at Saratoga Springs
09 - October offsite & Bay Lake Tower, just girls
10 - April offsite with DH, + Oct AKV 2 BR just girls
12 & 13 - three trips on annual pass! BCV, SSR, VWL
14 - February first SOLO trip, OKW and ASMu
Lyndarella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #18
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethananyonex View Post
That's just not always true.

Some families are capable of staying together in a room just fine, especially if it's a 2 bedroom villa. The BLT one will have 3 bathrooms, 2 separate hotel room like bedrooms, and a living/kitchen area with more sleeping space. There is no need to be in each other's faces 24/7, even when sharing a villa.

OP, you know your family. If you think everyone will be fine sharing the space then go for it. What works for some doesn't work for others and vice versa.
My in-laws, my DH, me, and my nearly 3 year old DS shared a standard savanna view room at AKL for a week. It was a wonderful vacation! No problems. So it can be done.
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #19
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Nothing is ever "ALWAYS" true -- We stayed in Old Key West so I am very aware of the villa layout - my experience was the mood of sullen teenagers that didn't get to do what they wanted to do would permeate every room. The past three trips to Disney we were only 2-3 of us, and we all commented on how many "grumpy" families were there and it seemed the constant complaint was grown ups grumping at their kids about how much it cost and they didn't want to hear their whinning about not being on whatever ride. We agreed that the only time we were less than magical in our trips was when we had 9 of us all in one villa.

Tom
OP doesn't have sullen teenagers, but rather 2 young children and their grandparents.

OP I think you have made a fabulous choice!!!!
Having the king bed and whirlpool tub is wonderful. With a washer and dryer you can pack less, which is important when you have little ones.
Have you considered a grocery delivery service like wegoshop.com.
When we stay at BCV's I always get a delivery. I believe I have saved the delivery fee on just the savings of bottled water in the parks.
I do not "Cook" meals on vacation, but we have our breakfast in the room while we get ready in the AM, and we have cold drinks and snacks for when we return. With your little ones, you may be back afternoon for naps.
We order: juice, coffee, fruit, cereal, breakfast pasteries, water, soda, beer, wine, cheese and crackers and other snack items.
Enjoy the BLT Villas. I think it is the perfect choice for your family.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:35 PM   #20
uofibonehead
Earning My Ears

I'll have to check out the wegoshop option... wasn't aware of it. We're hoping Disney offers the free dining plan for the timeframe we're going, which they have the last three years.
uofibonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #21
hawgwilld
Earning My Ears

judging by your family size you might also want to check out a cabin at fort wilderness.theres lots of stuff for the kids to do and lots of quiet for the older folks. A golf cart is a must for us but the fun you'll have touring around the resort is worth it.theres a dedicated FW thread on here if youre interested
hawgwilld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blt, cbr, monorail, pofq, wilderness

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: