Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-13-2014, 05:32 AM   #121
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Question. My DH is driving me bananas with his procrastination. We are flying into MCO on Sunday and renting a car, staying off site for 2 nights while visiting friends. On Tuesday, we are going to AK for breakfast and about 1/2 day of fun. My plan is to have DH drop DD and I off at the YC to get checked in (staying CL if that matters) and he is going to go back to MCO to return the rental car. My question is. Can he take ME back to the YC? I have requested twice, but we have yet to receive our updated ME tags, which we need for our return trip home, but I do still have our original ME tags from when we were supposed to go in December, but had to reschedule (it's the same flight numbers, just different dates).

Any advice on the best way to do this? I'm going to call today and I'm hoping they will just input the updated flight info, again, and tell me that DH can just use his voucher dated 11/30 to show to the CMs at the counter and be able to hop on a bus. That seems easiest at this point. He'll have no luggage, just needs to hitch a ride
I don't really know the answer to your questions but here are a couple of suggestions.

1) Here is the phone number I have on file for Magical Express- have they been any help with your questions?

Magical Express contact number: (866) 599-0951


2) For your husband's trip from MCO to YC, I don't see why not, but because your flight into MCO is on a different day, I think you need to make special arrangements.

3) Do you get ME tags for the way home? Or is that just handled at the RAC (Resort Airline Checkin). We have always checked in in for our return flight at the resort, in the morning because they close at noon or 1:00 I think. That is when we get the tags that put our luggage through to our home airport.

4) You would need to make sure that you have reservations for the return ME. Confirm with ME that they have that info. And during your stay, you should get a letter from the resort the day before you leave describing what you need to do to check out and info about your ME reservation (when to be ready for the bus)

Since you are staying club level, can IPO help you with any of this? I don't know, but you could ask.
natebenma is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 05:57 AM   #122
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Question. My DH is driving me bananas with his procrastination. We are flying into MCO on Sunday and renting a car, staying off site for 2 nights while visiting friends. On Tuesday, we are going to AK for breakfast and about 1/2 day of fun. My plan is to have DH drop DD and I off at the YC to get checked in (staying CL if that matters) and he is going to go back to MCO to return the rental car. My question is. Can he take ME back to the YC? I have requested twice, but we have yet to receive our updated ME tags, which we need for our return trip home, but I do still have our original ME tags from when we were supposed to go in December, but had to reschedule (it's the same flight numbers, just different dates).

Any advice on the best way to do this? I'm going to call today and I'm hoping they will just input the updated flight info, again, and tell me that DH can just use his voucher dated 11/30 to show to the CMs at the counter and be able to hop on a bus. That seems easiest at this point. He'll have no luggage, just needs to hitch a ride
You can't use the voucher from the old trip because the reservation numbers have changed. You'll have to call ME anyway to ask about your husband being able to ride the ME, so you'll be able to find out from them whether he can use the service. We haven't received our vouchers for our upcoming trip and they told us to check into the ME desk when we arrive at MCO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
3) Do you get ME tags for the way home? Or is that just handled at the RAC (Resort Airline Checkin). We have always checked in in for our return flight at the resort, in the morning because they close at noon or 1:00 I think. That is when we get the tags that put our luggage through to our home airport.
You don't use the yellow luggage tags for the return trip, only for the arrival leg. You just need the letter that is delivered to your resort room the night before departure.
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 01-13-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Wood Nymph is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #123
millielover
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: uk
Posts: 2

Beach Club or Dolphin?

My husband and I will be visiting at the beginning of April and enjoy strolling around the Boardwalk and into Epcot and MGM. We usually stay at the Dolphin but could get a similar rate at the Beach Club this time. Any thoughts of which is the best place to stay?
millielover is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #124
bas71873
DIS Veteran
 
bas71873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,605

Thanks for the ME info. I called the ME number and they had all my updated flight info and said it will be no problem for DH to return the rental and jump on ME over to the YC.
__________________
Me40; DH39; DD10





Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 07:17 AM   #125
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran
 
luvallprincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by millielover View Post
My husband and I will be visiting at the beginning of April and enjoy strolling around the Boardwalk and into Epcot and MGM. We usually stay at the Dolphin but could get a similar rate at the Beach Club this time. Any thoughts of which is the best place to stay?
We were down to either the Dolphin or BC for check in this weekend also. Chose BC, considering we would use ME and with the FP+ situation being up in the air. I think we'll be very happy with our decision and can't wait until Saturday!
__________________

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
luvallprincesses is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #126
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)
 
mrstomrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 2,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Thanks for the ME info. I called the ME number and they had all my updated flight info and said it will be no problem for DH to return the rental and jump on ME over to the YC.
Glad it worked out! Which rental company are you using? Do they have a location near Disney? We used Dollar and we were able to return the car by dtd.
__________________
Me: 33 visits DH: 13 visits DS10: 12 visits DS7: 11 visits Raleigh
mrstomrice is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #127
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran
 
mom2maggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 628

Hi! This will be our first trip to the Beach Club to stay. We will be there June 7-12. We've always stayed at CSR in the past, but decided that we would rather drop a day of our trip so we can stay at the Beach Club. On our checkin day, we scheduled Akershus breakfast for our girls, since its easy walking distance from the BC. When will we be able to check in (not get into the room, just check in?) so we can get into the park to eat? Will our bands automatically work on the first day of our trip? We last visited in March 2012, so the bands are new for us.
__________________


Me DH DD8 DD4
mom2maggie is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #128
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran
 
ToyStory3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 711

I booked CL GV for September. Which rooms would that likely include? Last time we booked CL GV but ended up in a deluxe room on the 3rd floor. But, that was just pixie dust at check-in so I'm assuming we will likely be on the 5th floor, correct? Am I able to see which room are CL GV and if they have balconies, etc.?

Thanks!
__________________
Countless Childhood Trips | Orange Lake | POFQ | Beach Club Resort (CL) | Pop Century | Treehouse Villas


ToyStory3 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #129
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2maggie View Post
Hi! This will be our first trip to the Beach Club to stay. We will be there June 7-12. We've always stayed at CSR in the past, but decided that we would rather drop a day of our trip so we can stay at the Beach Club. On our checkin day, we scheduled Akershus breakfast for our girls, since its easy walking distance from the BC. When will we be able to check in (not get into the room, just check in?) so we can get into the park to eat? Will our bands automatically work on the first day of our trip? We last visited in March 2012, so the bands are new for us.
You check in as early as 7am. The MB's work right away. You shouldn't have any problem getting into Epcot for your ADR.
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:05 AM   #130
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by millielover View Post
My husband and I will be visiting at the beginning of April and enjoy strolling around the Boardwalk and into Epcot and MGM. We usually stay at the Dolphin but could get a similar rate at the Beach Club this time. Any thoughts of which is the best place to stay?
Choose BC because

You will get MagicBands and be able to preschedule your fp+ s. It looks like all the old paper fast pass machines will be gone soon.

The BC is a great place to stay.
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:42 AM   #131
Thanlis
Earning My Ears
 
Thanlis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post


I'll add you and Susiecat to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any last minute questions about the resort.

Thank you!
__________________
Four WDW trips and one DLR trip lost in the mists of childhood time... (Fort Wilderness is in there somewhere.)
Two WDW trips when I was in my twenties and didn't keep good records, one off-property and one at All-Star Sports.
03/2004: Port Orleans (Pictures!) // 01/2007: Port Orleans // 01/2012: Boardwalk (Pictures!) // 03/2013: Grand Californian // 11/2013: Paradise Pier // 01/2014: Beach Club (Trip Report!)
Thanlis is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #132
flip526
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 18

Hello everyone! We are planning our first stay at Beach Club and we are so excited! Just curious for those who have stayed at any of the Epcot area resorts - have you ever made the decision to upgrade to park hoppers because you are so close to both Epcot and DHS? We usually just use base tickets but I'm tempted since the parks are so easily accessible.
__________________


03/09 DL | 04/09 WDW | 02/10 DL | 05/10 WDW | 02/11 WDW | 11/11 WDW | 09/12 WDW | 03/13 DCL & WDW | 10/13 WDW
flip526 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #133
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip526 View Post
Hello everyone! We are planning our first stay at Beach Club and we are so excited! Just curious for those who have stayed at any of the Epcot area resorts - have you ever made the decision to upgrade to park hoppers because you are so close to both Epcot and DHS? We usually just use base tickets but I'm tempted since the parks are so easily accessible.
I think that park hoppers are almost mandatory when staying at an Epcot resort. It is wonderful to just be able to walk into Epcot to watch Illuminations at night, or to stroll in for lunch at a counter service place. Just for dining alone it is worth it to have the park hoppers. And a hidden benefit is that you can use the Epcot monorail to get over to the MK resorts for ADR's or for MK. There were plenty of times that we took the monorail from MK to Epcot so that we could walk through Epcot, grab a meal, and head back to our resort for a nap or for the night.

FWIW, I've seen people regret not getting a park hopper when staying at an Epcot area resort.
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #134
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I think that park hoppers are almost mandatory when staying at an Epcot resort. It is wonderful to just be able to walk into Epcot to watch Illuminations at night, or to stroll in for lunch at a counter service place. Just for dining alone it is worth it to have the park hoppers. And a hidden benefit is that you can use the Epcot monorail to get over to the MK resorts for ADR's or for MK. There were plenty of times that we took the monorail from MK to Epcot so that we could walk through Epcot, grab a meal, and head back to our resort for a nap or for the night.

FWIW, I've seen people regret not getting a park hopper when staying at an Epcot area resort.
I totally agree! I always have the park hopping feature with my tickets. As mentioned above, the convenience of walking in to EPCOT to get a yummy treat from the World Showcase, or to enjoy Illuminations solo because the rest of your family can't keep up with you is priceless.

However- I don't know if this is still the case, but my understanding is that if you want to add park hopping to your tickets it is the same price at anytime (around $50 for whatever your length of stay is), so it doesn't matter when you add this feature. So if there is a possibility you WON'T use the park hopping feature you don't have to add it. Then if you decide you do want it, you can add it at Guest Relations or maybe even at the ticket booth when and if you need to. Same price differential as if you added it when you purchased the tickets from Disney. The only thing you "lose" is the ability to hop from Day 1 of your trip.

If some in your party might hop, and others won't, then you can just add the feature on to those who will need it once you get to Disney.

If you are getting discounted tickets from a place like Undercover Tourist, it probably makes sense to get the park hoppers up front.

Something to think about, but I still recommend the hoppers!
natebenma is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #135
phoebec
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 90

We were originally listed as a maybe for June in the BOG list.
We are now a definite and booked for August 12-19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited. I got a great deal through ***. The only thing is, I could only book a standard view. How bad are these? I don't mind some of the views in the photo thread but the one with the big flat roof in front with puddles all over it was not so good. With the deal, I don't think there is any way for me to pay for an upgrade. Has anyone had any luck with pixie dust upgrades at checkin? I would be happy with an upgrade to garden view!!!!
Would you recommend online or regular checkin? Either way, I'll be at Disney and the Beach Club!!!!! This will also be our first time with parkhoppers.
I have always planned my days at one park and did an ADR for that park. How do you guys handle ADRs with the parkhoppers. Plan out ahead of time where to hop or just pick where you want to eat and travel to it from whatever park you are in?
Thanks for any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phoebec is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: