Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 11:27 PM   #91
Flyz Ondewalz
Mouseketeer

Geez......leave a trail of bread crumbs or something so I could find you when you move!!!

First I'd like to thank Dee for doing all the work to bind up all the info about my favorite resort into one nice big attractive pile.

Next I'd like to address the besmerchment of my reputation when reading that trip report written by that tawdry woman whom shall remain unnamed. First of all I am a fly and as such I have some natural inclinations towards the unseemly side of life, especially the trash cans. Just know that you can depend on 'ol Buzzy to find out the dirty details and finish any unattended drinks laying about the resort. I am your Beach Club bon vivant after all......

I am too much of a gentleman to kiss and tell stories about the two "N's", especially since Mrs. Buzzy is still a little sore that I tagged along on this girls trip.

Catho, as hard as I tried I could not drag the two of them into the laundry room for free drinks. They kept insisting they had better things to do, like hunt for designer purses or do kamikaze driving runs in the middle of the night at Fort Wilderness.. These two party animals have no common sense I tell you! !

Perhaps one day 'ol Buzzy and his trashy party lifestyle will be better appreciated by some other travelers. As for now I am stuck with Ninja mom and Nannette.

Signed, your friend, Buzzy, the Beach Club party fly
Old 01-12-2014, 03:12 AM   #92
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebec View Post
Does anyone know what percentage discount Beach Club got for last summer's discount? Mousesavers say the discounts were 5-30 percent but doesn't say what resorts got which. I just realized (how did I not know this?) that the delux resorts prices go down quite a bit late July and August. If I can get a discount too, I think I might be able to change my june POR reservation to early August Beach Club!!! Here's hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is August? I know it will be hot and humid, but is it manageable? How are the crowds the first couple weeks of August? I have always wanted to stay at BC, but I always find myself going for the cheaper option, but this might be a way to finally swing it!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We always go the last 2 weeks of August. The closer to the end of the month you get, the less the crowds are. Local kids go back to school mid month.
Yes, it is hot & humid. We wear light, loose clothing stay hydrated, and take mid day breaks back at the resort. SAB is a great place to relax and cool off.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2014, 03:21 AM   #93
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yay, a spanking new home for the new year!!! I have to go back and check it all out....

Dee in true changing fashion I have a change...dropped cl. Same dates, there is just so much more I can do with that money..and with the rates for two rooms I'm saving $2000! Sorry I havent posted too much, classes for me started up again but I'm a lurking!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 01-12-2014, 05:57 AM   #94
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We always go the last 2 weeks of August. The closer to the end of the month you get, the less the crowds are. Local kids go back to school mid month.
Yes, it is hot & humid. We wear light, loose clothing stay hydrated, and take mid day breaks back at the resort. SAB is a great place to relax and cool off.
Absolutely the best time in the summer!! However, get out of there before around the 8th of September when the love bugs show up!!!!!! Doing parks isn't bad but being at a pool (unless you are in the water the entire time) is not doable during the heavy part of love bug season.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #95
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyz Ondewalz View Post
Geez......leave a trail of bread crumbs or something so I could find you when you move!!!
Nannette said you chould have followed the fish and the turtles here.

Although, come to think of it, you probably prefer not to hang around with fish, especially at dinner time.

You found us and that is the important thing!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #96
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

We're going too! We stayed one night at BC as a last minute addition a few years back when I got my dream job while visiting WDW. We are returning August 9-14, this time as DVC members. We have a studio booked at BCV. So excited! We have a cruise booked on the Dream following this visit, so it is shorter than I prefer.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #97
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenb View Post

I hope it's okay to post a link to another site here, but this place just posted the most wonderful diagram of the Beach Club and Yacht Club hotel rooms (BCV coming soon). It shows all the rooms (by floor) and the view from those rooms. You can even see how each room is classified (do a search) to know what category each room is called!

Beach Club

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/d...ch-club-resort

Yacht Club

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/d...ht-club-resort
I just had a look at Yacht Club rooms and unless they have managed to remove the king bed from the 4th floor room we stayed in, the details are incorrect. We had a king water view overlooking the wedding gazebo.

Room 4137. http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1637

Last edited by Pinkgirl; 01-12-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Update
Old 01-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #98
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

We are down to 24 days before our trip to the BC. We loved it in December with all the kids and grandkids, but are really looking forward to it being just the 2 of us. We plan on relaxing and enjoying our meals I have planned.

Teena, hope to see you sometime during our trip.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #99
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Wow...new thread!

Dee, congrats on number 10,000, and thank you for all you do. You are a goddess of thread keeping, and I bow to you!

From the last thread, thank you YCFan and DisneyMomx7 for your kind words about Henry.

Dee, could you update (at your leisure of course!) our plans? We are BC, 8/15-17....YC-CL, 8/17-23...GF, 8/23-8/25

Teena....only 7 months until we're reunited!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #100
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Dee - Thank you for the great new thread! I really appreciate all the information provided in the first pages

I believe I managed to convince Grumpy DH to come with the kids for the weekend before my conference starts but he insists that he will only go to the Pool and to Epcot And he thinks I'm going to argue with that??? Now to wait for Tuesday so the airline rates go down so I can book their flights!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #101
Brandee23
Mouseketeer

Beach Club Club Level Views

Is there a view of the fireworks from the Club Level at the Beach Club? Is there a balcony to walk outside there too?

We have a family of 5, I requested a daybed. We had a daybed at the Polynesian and it was a full size twin. Does the Beach Club have daybeds that are full size twins? Please let me know...Thanks!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #102
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Ok...so I won a trip to Port St. Lucie to Mets spring training for 2 days includes hotel and airfare... now the Mets are NOT the team I cheer for, but I attend their short season affiliate minor league team games (Brooklyn Cyclones). I played a game all last season online and low and behold I WON!! So I will go to see a game with the Mets then I said hmmm gonna be about half hour from Vero so I should go to Disney Vero Beach... sounds good to me since I've wanted go visit there anyway!!

I've been checking out the Vero Beach thread, but felt like I could come here and ask if anyone has stayed at Vero and if so, can you tell me about it... should I get the ocean view room or garden view??? Also I remember Teena talking about a seafood restaurant.... what was the name of it Teena?? Any ideas anyone has for while I'm there please let me know! I'm not sure exactly when I'm going yet, I just sent in 2 sets of dates.. So I should know within the week when I'm going, but I know it's in March!

Ok thank you for listening and please send advice!!

~N
Old 01-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #103
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Guess who I just saw at the BC

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
Old 01-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #104
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone know what percentage discount Beach Club got for last summer's discount? Mousesavers say the discounts were 5-30 percent but doesn't say what resorts got which. I just realized (how did I not know this?) that the delux resorts prices go down quite a bit late July and August. If I can get a discount too, I think I might be able to change my june POR reservation to early August Beach Club!!! Here's hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is August? I know it will be hot and humid, but is it manageable? How are the crowds the first couple weeks of August? I have always wanted to stay at BC, but I always find myself going for the cheaper option, but this might be a way to finally swing it!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Has anyone ever booked through the *** deals? The deal for late august is standard view. Is it possible to be upgraded from this upon check in? Has it every happened to anyone while booked through ***? The deal is awesome, but I would really prefer garden view. Some of the standard views I have seen in photos are ok and others are not so ok.
Have you seen the Beach Club Room View thread? Guests have posted their views from rooms in the various categories to give people a sampling of what is available. See the link in Post 108 on the next page.

I haven't used that deal, but some on here did last year and have booked it again this year. No idea whether you would be able to updgrade when you check in, but I don't see why not if there is a garden room available during the length of your stay. It doesn't hurt to ask!

Let us know if you do end up booking and I will add you to the Be Our Guest list. I do have you on there for June, but it sounds like your current reservation is for POR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenb View Post
We are staying at the Beach Club this coming June (June 23-30, unless the opening of Diagon Alley is in the middle of that, in which case we will switch our Universal nights with our WDW nights, and stay at BC June 21-27).

*snip*

I don't see anyone here mentioning that Beaches & Cream now takes ADRs!

*snip*

I hope it's okay to post a link to another site here, but this place just posted the most wonderful diagram of the Beach Club and Yacht Club hotel rooms (BCV coming soon). It shows all the rooms (by floor) and the view from those rooms. You can even see how each room is classified (do a search) to know what category each room is called!

Beach Club

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/d...ch-club-resort

Yacht Club

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/d...ht-club-resort

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Someone did mention about the new Beaches & Cream ADR policy on the previous thread, but it bears repeating for those who may have missed the news. Reactions are mixed.

Thanks for posting those links. If I get a chance, I'll compare the info provided to the info from the View Threads link to see how well it matches up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singastory View Post
LESS THAN 10 DAYS until my trip.... Soooooo excited!!!!
That is exciting! Have a fantastic trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
We're going too! We stayed one night at BC as a last minute addition a few years back when I got my dream job while visiting WDW. We are returning August 9-14, this time as DVC members. We have a studio booked at BCV. So excited! We have a cruise booked on the Dream following this visit, so it is shorter than I prefer.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Last edited by natebenma; 01-12-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #105
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Wow...new thread!

Dee, congrats on number 10,000, and thank you for all you do. You are a goddess of thread keeping, and I bow to you!

From the last thread, thank you YCFan and DisneyMomx7 for your kind words about Henry.

Dee, could you update (at your leisure of course!) our plans? We are BC, 8/15-17....YC-CL, 8/17-23...GF, 8/23-8/25

Teena....only 7 months until we're reunited!
I don't know if I can be any more leisurely

You have mentioned this change to me a couple of times and I have written down and I don't know why I haven't made the change.

I'm on it! (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandee23 View Post
Is there a view of the fireworks from the Club Level at the Beach Club? Is there a balcony to walk outside there too?

We have a family of 5, I requested a daybed. We had a daybed at the Polynesian and it was a full size twin. Does the Beach Club have daybeds that are full size twins? Please let me know...Thanks!!!

The answers are -

No, you can't see fireworks from the balcony. The current view is nothing to write home about (I'll post a picture in a minute), but I don't know if that will change when the lounge is expanded. I doubt it though.

Yes, there is a balcony, but since it doesn't really have a great view, I don't think many people use it.

I'll post a picture of the daybed we had in June, and some info about daybeds from the FAQ section on Page 1 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

Ok...so I won a trip to Port St. Lucie to Mets spring training for 2 days includes hotel and airfare... now the Mets are NOT the team I cheer for, but I attend their short season affiliate minor league team games (Brooklyn Cyclones). I played a game all last season online and low and behold I WON!! So I will go to see a game with the Mets then I said hmmm gonna be about half hour from Vero so I should go to Disney Vero Beach... sounds good to me since I've wanted go visit there anyway!!

I've been checking out the Vero Beach thread, but felt like I could come here and ask if anyone has stayed at Vero and if so, can you tell me about it... should I get the ocean view room or garden view??? Also I remember Teena talking about a seafood restaurant.... what was the name of it Teena?? Any ideas anyone has for while I'm there please let me know! I'm not sure exactly when I'm going yet, I just sent in 2 sets of dates.. So I should know within the week when I'm going, but I know it's in March!

Ok thank you for listening and please send advice!!

~N
I haven't been, but I have read a few trip reports with lots of info from stays at Vero Beach by eandesmom and glennbo. If you would like me to post the links to their reports, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Guess who I just saw at the BC

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky you and Lucky Teena! Hope you had a nice visit!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: