Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #3676
GoGoBeans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I wrote down how long the ME took to get from the airport to the BC in March. This was a Wednesday and the ME waiting area was empty. Our flight landed about 9:45am. We got to the ME and got the last seats on the bus at 10:06am. The bus pulled out of the depot at 10:15am. It stopped at CBR at 10:46am and only stayed there about two minutes. Then it dropped off a few people at BWI and that stop just took a few minutes, too. Then the bus went to the BC next. We got off the bus a little after 11am. Check in was fairly quick, our room was ready and we were in it by 11:15am. We dropped off our carry ons and headed to Epcot to get something to eat. We were through the International Gateway by 11:30am, stopping at the Marketplace first to buy a refillable mug so we could take a drink into Epcot with us. That mug came in very handy when I bought my first ever Grey Goose slush.

Now I will admit that this particular trip from the airport to the BC was pretty fast. If it was a Saturday and the ME waiting area was full, it might have taken a bit longer. We love arriving on a Wednesday because the ME and the check in process always seem to go quickly.
Thank you for the detailed times and I hope we're that lucky! We're coming in on a Monday morning so hopefully as easy.

Grey Gooses are yum. I have a sangria in my sights at Via Napoli. What's in a Sunken Treasure I keep seeing mentioned? Will have to enjoy one of those as well.
BC - 10/11 & YC - 8/14
Old 05-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #3677
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Volleyball is in the afternoon and your best bet is to check the recreation schedule for the time as they play other games as well. Adults AND children are welcome to play! I'm not sure about resort flies being invited to play but rumor has it that a flock of Love Bugs once crashed a game a few years back. ~NM
Awesome - I think it will be worth planning a hot afternoon of pool volleyball! Hopefully no bloody noses ala Meet the Parents!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #3678
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
Awesome - I think it will be worth planning a hot afternoon of pool volleyball! Hopefully no bloody noses ala Meet the Parents!
As far as the parents are concerned, it's usually Bloody Mary's and not Bloody noses....

~NM
Old 05-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #3679
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
My name is on 2 rooms (GV and CL), our party is 4 total 2 adults, 2 kids, and we have 2 rooms. Thanks, I will just add the kids to the 2nd room also. I was trying to avoid everyone having 2 magic bands
My curiosity is killing me... why would 2 adults & 2 kids need 2 rooms? I'm guessing it's because nobody will share a bed??? This is a very interesting scenario because technically you could put all 4 names on both rooms, right? So that would allow everyone lounge access.
As for the magic bands, I'm doubting they could program one band to open two different rooms which means everyone would need 2. But I'd love to hear how this turns out for you! Very interesting!!!!
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Old 05-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #3680
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I got lucky again!! Been checking availability at YC/BC for months looking for anything to open up the first week of June. Some of you might even remember me posting several times about not having any Epcot resorts available that week. We had booked a 1br at BWV as our only option. Finally yesterday I was able to get 4 of our nights at YC CL LV!!!! I don't know what happened but suddenly they had every room category available!!!??? It must have been a block of rooms on hold. Maybe Mark Hamill released them??? I don't know how I got lucky again, this is the exact same thing that happened to us in March. I had been checking YC/BC availability since Christmas and was finally able to get it a couple of weeks before our Spring Break. Fate must be working on my side. I will keep checking for more days to open up earlier in the week, but as it stands right now we'll be there June 4-8. The kids are going to be so shocked and excited!!! It's their favorite resort.
awesome.... how great for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I was so happy to see that Buzzy the Fly found sleeping arrangements with someone OTHER than ME!

Since Buzzy "outed" some of Dee's more endearing characteristics I feel it's only fair that I share some of Buzzy's "eccentricities".

First of all Dee and HockeyMom should know that Buzzy takes forever in the bathroom and he hogs up all the toilet paper! His tentacle care products take up all the room on the shelves and he uses copious amounts of Axe body spray.

He will eat all the left overs you drag back to the room and he likes to go through your purse and look for old Lifesavers when he thinks no one is looking.

Buzzy himself doesn't snore as much as he high pitch whines when he sleeps, so Dee, your occasional delicate snorts while sleeping will not be as noticeable.

If you should happen to be watching Jeopardy on TV during a parks break he will shout out all the answers with out giving anyone else a chance.

When riding the Disney buses to the parks he will insist on his own seat, which is completely ridiculous for a FLY and one time he even tried to rent a scooter, but Nannette and I put a stop to that.

He also likes to pass gas in public but his toots are so small that they don't have that much of an impact.

He is a tremendous gossip so be prepared for all of your personal business to be broadcast in random tweets at all hours of the day. I shudder to say this but Buzzy is spreading rumors that he is in negotiations with one of Oprah's networks for a reality TV show entitled "Disney parks on the Fly".

I think many people on this list are aware of Buzzy's propensity to start drinking your beverage uninvited, especially if it contains alcohol and doubly especially if it contains maraschino cherries. Those refillable mugs with the lids that close up nicely are the bane of his existence so remember to put them to good use anytime you are drinking a beverage.

So all those tips on bunking with Buzzy are just a start. The rest you will just have to experience on your own. In preparation for your trip just remember to be up to date with all your shots and pack drawer locks so he can't get into any of your stuff.

~NM
Great advice from true experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoBeans View Post
Thank you for the detailed times and I hope we're that lucky! We're coming in on a Monday morning so hopefully as easy.

Grey Gooses are yum. I have a sangria in my sights at Via Napoli. What's in a Sunken Treasure I keep seeing mentioned? Will have to enjoy one of those as well.
Order the pitcher of Sangria and bring a water bottle for the left overs

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 05-16-2014, 05:38 AM   #3681
natebenma
DIS Veteran

On my way out to "Not Disney"- Six Flags New England- with the Middle School Band.

The new thread is ready to go IF NECESSARY. Don't post there unless this one gets to 250 pages and gets closed down. I will activate it tomorrow morning.

Have a great day!

Dee
Old 05-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #3682
hill6
DIS Veteran

Have a fun day Dee. Hopefully no rain while you are there. Congrats on going for the Meet in August.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 05-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #3683
helenb
Wishing for the World...

LOL, I love that we can't *not* have a thread! It's there, waiting in the wings...
Old 05-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #3684
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
My curiosity is killing me... why would 2 adults & 2 kids need 2 rooms? I'm guessing it's because nobody will share a bed??? This is a very interesting scenario because technically you could put all 4 names on both rooms, right? So that would allow everyone lounge access.
As for the magic bands, I'm doubting they could program one band to open two different rooms which means everyone would need 2. But I'd love to hear how this turns out for you! Very interesting!!!!
I initially booked GV for just myself and my 2 kids with an awesome Orbitz deal and Disney Summer special. Now dad is coming for a few nights, and all of us in one room doesn't work out. He watches TV all night, we don't, plus 2 bathrooms is nice. In addition, he is not staying as many nights as we are so the cost isn't too bad. I would have booked a GV for him, and requested connecting or adjacent, but since this was a last minute decision, there were none of those rooms left. Technically we could all be on both rooms I guess, but when I booked it defaulted to my name since it was booked from my account, and I only added his. We'll just add the kids, and I'm going to request a hard key since I really don't want 2 magic bands for the kids to access the lounge. Too confusing with the tickets to have 2 bands!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #3685
nharding20
Mouseketeer

Hi to all the awesome YC/BC experts!

In two weeks we will be at the Yacht Club, and this is our very first time staying there as a family. We're really excited.

I have a couple questions I'm hoping you all might be able to answer...

What time do the buses/boats start running in the morning?
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to MK, AK and DTD?
Is it realistic to think of walking to HS? Or is that just too far?
Is the pool crazy crowded in the afternoons since everyone has the same idea to take a break then? (i.e. how likely are we to score chairs in early afternoon?)
Would there ever be a hope of a walk-up at Beaches & Cream, or should we make a reservation?

I've read these boards through for many tips - and I'm super grateful for everything I've learned. Any other info you wish to impart is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #3686
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharding20 View Post

In two weeks we will be at the Yacht Club, and this is our very first time staying there as a family. We're really excited.

Is the pool crazy crowded in the afternoons since everyone has the same idea to take a break then? (i.e. how likely are we to score chairs in early afternoon?)
Would there ever be a hope of a walk-up at Beaches & Cream, or should we make a reservation?

I've read these boards through for many tips - and I'm super grateful for everything I've learned. Any other info you wish to impart is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
We ate at B&C back in February, just walked in! This was around 2pm though (week of President's week)
Old 05-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #3687
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Is there a list of connecting rooms for YC??
Old 05-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #3688
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharding20 View Post

Thanks in advance!
Hi! I hope you love YC as much as we love BC! This will be our third stay there. I can help answer some of your questions...hopefully! I believe the busses begin running two hours before the parks open. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please. It's about a 15 minute ride to MK, 17 minute ride to AK and about 25 minutes to DTD. These times are from BC so since the bus picks up at YC first, add about 5 minutes to those times.

We walked home from DHS once...it's about a mile. We actually beat the boat back. All of us were drinking slurpies so the drinks may have made the walk more refreshing. We also poked around BW and checked it out, which we had never done before....like checking out the pool, lobby, etc. I prefer taking the boat, but it's definitely walkable.

The pool is crazy crowded in the afternoon. There's no way to sugarcoat that one. You might be able to find one chair here and there, but dining a cluster of chairs together will prove to be difficult. NinjaMom has a brilliant suggestion...if the lounge chair has a resort issued towel on it and nothing else, move the towel and claim it as your own. Chair hogging is a nasty problem at SAB that we can't blame on good ol' Buzzy the Fly Guy.

Make a reservation at Beaches and Cream. Better to be safe than sorry. The Kitchen Sink is a must-do for our family on every trip.

Hope these help......

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 05-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #3689
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
I initially booked GV for just myself and my 2 kids with an awesome Orbitz deal and Disney Summer special. Now dad is coming for a few nights, and all of us in one room doesn't work out. He watches TV all night, we don't, plus 2 bathrooms is nice. In addition, he is not staying as many nights as we are so the cost isn't too bad. I would have booked a GV for him, and requested connecting or adjacent, but since this was a last minute decision, there were none of those rooms left. Technically we could all be on both rooms I guess, but when I booked it defaulted to my name since it was booked from my account, and I only added his. We'll just add the kids, and I'm going to request a hard key since I really don't want 2 magic bands for the kids to access the lounge. Too confusing with the tickets to have 2 bands!
Are you planning on having a MB activated for the CL room for the kids and then a KTTW card for the GV room? Since the MB's have started, I thought that they did away with KTTW cards. Also from what I remember the elevator to the CL floor used a MB to swipe. Not sure if the elevator still uses the KTTW card, maybe someone who is there now can let us know for sure.

Hope it all works out for you.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 05-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #3690
nharding20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Hi! I hope you love YC as much as we love BC! This will be our third stay there. I can help answer some of your questions...hopefully! I believe the busses begin running two hours before the parks open. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please. It's about a 15 minute ride to MK, 17 minute ride to AK and about 25 minutes to DTD. These times are from BC so since the bus picks up at YC first, add about 5 minutes to those times.

We walked home from DHS once...it's about a mile. We actually beat the boat back. All of us were drinking slurpies so the drinks may have made the walk more refreshing. We also poked around BW and checked it out, which we had never done before....like checking out the pool, lobby, etc. I prefer taking the boat, but it's definitely walkable.

The pool is crazy crowded in the afternoon. There's no way to sugarcoat that one. You might be able to find one chair here and there, but dining a cluster of chairs together will prove to be difficult. NinjaMom has a brilliant suggestion...if the lounge chair has a resort issued towel on it and nothing else, move the towel and claim it as your own. Chair hogging is a nasty problem at SAB that we can't blame on good ol' Buzzy the Fly Guy.

Make a reservation at Beaches and Cream. Better to be safe than sorry. The Kitchen Sink is a must-do for our family on every trip.

Hope these help......

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Catho72 You Rock! Thank you - these answers are super helpful for a YC/BC newbie!

We're outside of Chicago, as well! NW suburbs. Seeing snow on the way in to work this morning has me really looking forward to FL!

Thanks again!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: