Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #121
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchey12 View Post
I'm here stuck on the falling snow. Lol.
I'd trade the snow we had a few weeks ago for the pollen we have now. Allergies are killing me

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #122
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Helllllooooooo.... Anybody out there?
Sorry that I didn't reply, but have been following! Soooo sorry about your after dinner battle.

Can't wait to hear more. BRW, showed your mystery to my DH & we are stumped!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

pepe3penelope is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #123
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Quote:
Helllllooooooo.... Anybody out there?
Oh.. And can't believe poor Donald has met his demise!

Old 03-18-2014, 01:05 AM   #124
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am here too, enjoying your adventures. Sorry for the lack of posts, but I have been a "bit" busy lately.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:19 AM   #125
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Sorry that I didn't reply, but have been following! Soooo sorry about your after dinner battle.

Can't wait to hear more. BRW, showed your mystery to my DH & we are stumped!

Don't give up...I'm spreading it out slowly so that there is enough mystery for the whole TR. There are hidden and subtle clues beyond the obvious ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Oh.. And can't believe poor Donald has met his demise!

Lol... Poor Donald always gets bumped off in my mystery games and usually in the same way

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am here too, enjoying your adventures. Sorry for the lack of posts, but I have been a "bit" busy lately.
I know what u mean about busy... Today was day 1 of an 11 day in a row work schedule for me

Old 03-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #126
NCConch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Several of the staff sang Happy Birthday and Harry did this thing by clapping his hands that sounded just like fireworks. If you go on the DREAM and meet him make sure to ask him to do it.
We were on the Dream cruise right before yours (Dec 26-29) and Harry was our Head Server. He and my daughter traded fireworks claps one night.

1st Disney Cruise - Dec 26-29, 2013 on the Dream

NCConch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #127
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Just when you thought we were on vacation...we show up! We actually don't leave until thursday, so you still have time to finish this report!! Sorry to hear your birthday wasn't all you wanted. It happens! Now back to the report
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #128
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
Just when you thought we were on vacation...we show up! We actually don't leave until thursday, so you still have time to finish this report!! Sorry to hear your birthday wasn't all you wanted. It happens! Now back to the report
And here I thought I was going to be able to sneak it all in while you were on vacation.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #129
donaldseeyore
Missing Mickey

Loving it!!!

Countless trips to WDW @ AKL, AKV, Pop, WLV, BCV, BWV, SS, OKW, POR
Wonder 01/03/10 - 01/07/10
Wonder 09/12/10 - 09/16/10
Wonder 02/02/13 - 02/07/13
donaldseeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #130
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

We're here ....... but it's been 5 days since an update.

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:47 PM   #131
dededisney
Mouseketeer

What is going on??? We are gone on our cruise for over a week and you still have not posted an update! Drew even managed to start his own trip report. What is this world coming to? Better get going or he will finish his before you finish yours. Come to think of it, I declare a competition between you two to see who can finish first. Maybe that will get both of you going!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:43 PM   #132
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

New position = A lot more work and a lot less TR writing time. Literally 13 days in a row of 14 hour days... I would come home and collapse. Now I have a few days off so I will update soon.

I accept the challenge on one condition.... Loser buys the first Drinks of the day when we finally cruise together.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:01 AM   #133
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

I am back but still busy so updates may still be slow, but now that I have to beat the Zell report i will put more effort into it. Don't worry I won't skimp on the details....plus we still have a mystery to solve.

We woke up and watched the sunrise outside the beautiful large porthole directly next to our bed. To be honest when we first woke up I was still in a grouchy mood. but I quickly decide to try to get over it...I never did completely....heck still haven't put it out of my mind months later...but I did start having a good time.

I quickly put on some shorts and a shirt while Kiyomi gets herself dressed. Now Kiyomi is very fashion aware and is constantly telling me not to wear a striped shirt with checked pants. I didn't, but as you may notice in photos of this day I made a much worse fashion mistake.

Anyway we went down to the atrium with a basic plan in mind for our day in Nassau. Our group from Japan meets us down there and we decided to try a sitdown breakfast instead of buffet style. I had read about this option in a few TRs here and it sounded great. We went into Royal Palace and were taken to a table. The waiters quickly came around with some pasterie choices. i chose a donut.

Now I made this choice based on the assumption that this donut would be one of those famous Krispy Kreme donuts....folks there is NO WAY you can convince me that it was a Krispy Kreme donut. I'm not saying it was bad, but I know Krispy Kreme. I grew up eating Krispy Kremes. Krispy Kreme in Japan is half the cause of my belly. Unless Krispy Kremes have changed drastically since my move to Japan 16 years ago and Japan has the original receipe now.....that donut was NOT Krispy Kreme. It was 1) too bready and 2) nowhere near sweet enough.
Did I eat it? Do you have any doubt about that? But it was not what I expected.

There is the evidence of my fashion ability....Hawaiin shirt with checked pants. Wife still gives me a hard time about this.

Somebody....maybe me ordered this.

Tomo ordered this. What was really cool was that all the non english speakers wanted to try ordering on their own. What was not cool was the wait staff didn't have much patience and seemed in a rush.

Overall nothing special to report about breakfast. In fact after it was done the 3 guys and my wife looked at each other and we knew right away that we were still hungry. Maki and Hidemi wanted to see the characters and get some autographs while we waited for the ok to get off the ship. The rest of us as the Hobbitses say went to Cabanas for second breakfastses.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #134
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Well I guess if DisneyZell can update his TR and him being half sick, then I can update mine also. Plus I really want that Drink of the Day on him of course....

One little piece of info I forgot until I was checking my notes this morning. Kiyomi complained all night and when we woke up about the room temperature. She was cold. For me it was ok....not hot and not cold, but because I wanted to make up with her, I left a note for Giovanny to see if we could get a couple of extra blankets for the rest of the cruise. Oh I might have mentioned how much my wife liked the bath products.....but more on this later.

Now up to Cabanas for second breakfast. It was a little crowded up there, but not crazy out of hand. We chose a table outside so that we could look off the back of the ship at Nassau. Now none of us were super hungry, but we wanted to get things that we didn't get at the sit down meal. For me that was fruit and bacon in syrup. Hopefully you remember that the wife was watching the bacon situation. So I had to develop a strategy. I went up and got a large bowl of fruit. Have I told you before how expensive fruit in Japan is? Well let me give you an example...1 watermelon about the size of a bowling ball can easily cost $50 or more....1 cantaloupe from Hokkaido can run even more than that. Therefore in theory....if I could eat enough fruit I could pay for the whole cruise. So with my bowl of fruit I went to the table. I then told Kiyomi I was going to get some juice to drink and followed Tomo while he was getting his tray of goodies. I got a plate of bacon with some syrup and added it to his tray. I gave him the International symbol for SSSShhhhhh it's a secret( place your pointer finger to your lips and go SSSshhhh) then I went and got my juice.
Back at the table I kept Kiyomi busy by pointing out that she should be videoing the seagulls, the scenery, the James Bond hotel ..etc....etc... While she was doing this I enjoyed my bacon and syrup. She still doesn't know yet. So I'm depending on you to keep the secret. SSSSSssshhhhhh!!

After breakfast we made our way to our meeting point to wait on Maki and Hidemi. Our meeting point throughout the cruise was the little corner near the drink station and the Aquaduck stairs.
Upon our arrival....no Maki and Hidemi. I wasn't surprised as they do love their characters. I'm ok with that, especially I personally was in no hurry to get off the ship for Nassau....I don't like nassau. To be fair though I haven't explored it beyond the shops thanks to my wife.

Well while sitting there I saw that there was NO line for the Aquaduck....or atleast a very short line. I decided I was going to ride it while we waited. Everyone thought I was crazy as I was not in my bathing suit. somehow I convinced them that they wouldn't get that wet. You ride in a boat afterall. Kiyomi couldn't go because she was in a dress, but all the guys took off the tshirts and got in line.
My first experience on the Aquaduck was a great one. I told Kiyomi after getting off how great it was and had to hold her back from not stripping down to her undergarments to ride it.She was jealous. I will say however that we were soaked. Of course that is when Maki and Hidemi appeared and they were ready to go. Rather than go back to the room and change we just wore our wet shorts to go into Nassau....That was ok though. It was a nice day and they dried fairly quickly.

This is after our Aquaduck adventure.

Now the walk from getting off the ship to actually getting into Nassau seemed to take forever. It seemed like we were stopping every two feet and taking more pictures. I don't want to sterotype anyone, but I do beleive the Japanes have a photo gene in their DNA somewhere.

Here are some shots to wrap up this update and getus into Nassau.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:24 AM   #135
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Quote:
Well I guess if DisneyZell can update his TR and him being half sick, then I can update mine also. Plus I really want that Drink of the Day on him of course....

One little piece of info I forgot until I was checking my notes this morning. Kiyomi complained all night and when we woke up about the room temperature. She was cold. For me it was ok....not hot and not cold, but because I wanted to make up with her, I left a note for Giovanny to see if we could get a couple of extra blankets for the rest of the cruise. Oh I might have mentioned how much my wife liked the bath products.....but more on this later.

Now up to Cabanas for second breakfast. It was a little crowded up there, but not crazy out of hand. We chose a table outside so that we could look off the back of the ship at Nassau. Now none of us were super hungry, but we wanted to get things that we didn't get at the sit down meal. For me that was fruit and bacon in syrup. Hopefully you remember that the wife was watching the bacon situation. So I had to develop a strategy. I went up and got a large bowl of fruit. Have I told you before how expensive fruit in Japan is? Well let me give you an example...1 watermelon about the size of a bowling ball can easily cost $50 or more....1 cantaloupe from Hokkaido can run even more than that. Therefore in theory....if I could eat enough fruit I could pay for the whole cruise. So with my bowl of fruit I went to the table. I then told Kiyomi I was going to get some juice to drink and followed Tomo while he was getting his tray of goodies. I got a plate of bacon with some syrup and added it to his tray. I gave him the International symbol for SSSShhhhhh it's a secret( place your pointer finger to your lips and go SSSshhhh) then I went and got my juice.
Back at the table I kept Kiyomi busy by pointing out that she should be videoing the seagulls, the scenery, the James Bond hotel ..etc....etc... While she was doing this I enjoyed my bacon and syrup. She still doesn't know yet. So I'm depending on you to keep the secret. SSSSSssshhhhhh!!

After breakfast we made our way to our meeting point to wait on Maki and Hidemi. Our meeting point throughout the cruise was the little corner near the drink station and the Aquaduck stairs.
Upon our arrival....no Maki and Hidemi. I wasn't surprised as they do love their characters. I'm ok with that, especially I personally was in no hurry to get off the ship for Nassau....I don't like nassau. To be fair though I haven't explored it beyond the shops thanks to my wife.

Well while sitting there I saw that there was NO line for the Aquaduck....or atleast a very short line. I decided I was going to ride it while we waited. Everyone thought I was crazy as I was not in my bathing suit. somehow I convinced them that they wouldn't get that wet. You ride in a boat afterall. Kiyomi couldn't go because she was in a dress, but all the guys took off the tshirts and got in line.
My first experience on the Aquaduck was a great one. I told Kiyomi after getting off how great it was and had to hold her back from not stripping down to her undergarments to ride it.She was jealous. I will say however that we were soaked. Of course that is when Maki and Hidemi appeared and they were ready to go. Rather than go back to the room and change we just wore our wet shorts to go into Nassau....That was ok though. It was a nice day and they dried fairly quickly.

This is after our Aquaduck adventure.

Now the walk from getting off the ship to actually getting into Nassau seemed to take forever. It seemed like we were stopping every two feet and taking more pictures. I don't want to sterotype anyone, but I do beleive the Japanes have a photo gene in their DNA somewhere.

Here are some shots to wrap up this update and getus into Nassau.

Thanks for the trip update! Missed hearing about your adventures! As usual, can't wait to hear more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: