Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #151
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Back on the DREAM, it was time to eat lunch. I'm kind of a cheapskate so why would I pay for lunch off the ship when there is plenty of free food on the ship. It was probably about 1:45-1:50 when we walked into Cabanas. They were already covering some of the service areas.

What??? The staff said that they would close in about 15 minutes. What do you do.....well we went ito hyper drive. We grabbed plates left and right and filled them up with whatever was closest. By the time we were done the table had about 20 plates of food for the group. I wish I would have taken a picture of the mountain of shrimp on my plate. Not a single shrimp survived. This reminds me that at the end of this TR I will include a pile of pictures from my friends cameras. Maybe one of them took a picture of the table.

It was with full bellys that Maki,Hidemi,Tomo and Shuichi headed back into Nassau. Kiyomi and I decided it was a perfect time to enjoy the aquaduck. She had yet to ride it and the line seemed reasonable. So back to our room we went to change into our swimsuits.

Arriving back at our room, Kiyomi was very happy to see that our Room Host had left some extra blankets as well as lot's of extra bath products. There were also our Pirate Night's bandanas for dinner....we wouldn't need them as we had reservations for dinner at Palos, but now our toy poodles wear them.

There were also a couple of FE gifts to get us ready for New Years.

I took a couple of pictures of our view of Nassau while Kiyomi changed into her bikini.

Then it was off to ride the Aquaduck. Like I said the line wasn't bad at all, but don't be fooled. There are stairs and a hidden line in that funnel. All in all we waited no more than 10-15 minutes to ride on this day. we got to ride 3 times before moving on. Here are some photos. Excuse the big, shirtless pics of me. I don't mean to scare you.

Yes that beautiful woman is with me. Why? you ask....I have no idea.

continued next post

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #152
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

After climbing those stairs to the Aquaduck three times it was time to relax in the Adult's only area. I got an iceccream cone followed by a drink of the day.

Kiyomi just wanted to fill up her beer mug with a dark beer.

We then got into the hot tubs with the glass bottom. we had one to ourselves as the adult's area was not crowded at all.

We also enjoyed some time in the pool. Becareful that thing is deeper than it looks.

Time passed by quickly and we noticed the sun start to go down.

It was time to go get dressed. We had a show to go to and Dinner at Palos.

Now just a quick note about the Adult's only area. I have read many complaints on Dis about the location and ow there are kids in that area all the time. For me yes some kids passed through, but it was exactly that....just passing through. Maybe I have a higher tolerance being a parent and teacher, but they never bothered me at all.

Next up a show and a dinner

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #153
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Well, now I need to see a picture of your dogs with their bandanas on! I have so many of the bandanas, I don't know what to do with them. Thanks for the update! Looking forward to hearing more.
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #154
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
Well, now I need to see a picture of your dogs with their bandanas on! I have so many of the bandanas, I don't know what to do with them. Thanks for the update! Looking forward to hearing more.
I will see if I can arrange that

Old 04-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #155
jmirages
Earning My Ears

Joined in and waiting to read how the rest of the trip goes and figure out that dang mystery. That and I need something to help pass the time til' the end of May gets here.
O and I went back and read your last TR since there was a backstory. Who can pass up a good backstory?

jmirages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #156
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmirages View Post
Joined in and waiting to read how the rest of the trip goes and figure out that dang mystery. That and I need something to help pass the time til' the end of May gets here.
O and I went back and read your last TR since there was a backstory. Who can pass up a good backstory?
Welcome aboard.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #157
lauralynn0612
Mouseketeer

Joining in a little late!
Your FE gifts look fun. My dad has traveled to Japan a few times for work. He brought back some different flavored Kit-Kats once. Definitely enjoyed those!
lauralynn0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:56 AM   #158
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynn0612 View Post
Joining in a little late!
Your FE gifts look fun. My dad has traveled to Japan a few times for work. He brought back some different flavored Kit-Kats once. Definitely enjoyed those!
Yeah the Green Tea Kit Kat and Red Bean Kit Kat are not to my liking, but I do like the mushroom powder Kit Kat.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #159
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Ok so it seems Drew has disappeared again and you folks need entertaining, so I decided to pull ahead on our little competition and give you and update. You are welcome!!

After swimming, we had an eventful evening to get ready for. The evening's show was Villain's Tonight. It was also Pirate night, but we would be missing the Pirate Night menu as we had a dinner in Palos to go to.
We went back to the room to get all fancied up for the evening.

In the room we had the next day's Navigator waiting along with a confused elephant. He couldn't decide if it was still Christmas or New Years eve.

There were also some FE gifts to sort through.

This is my lovely wife all dressed up and beautiful for Palos.

She insisted that I take a picture of her shoe bows.

After getting dressed we were off to watch the evening's show. We walked into the theater and looked around for our group. We spotted them on the second row. There were still plenty of seats for Kiyomi, Stef and I to join them. Now me personally I prefer a little higher up in the theater. I find about mid way up gets the best view, but everyone seemed to want to sit as close as possible. We ended up sitting in these same seats for every show.

Now I have read reviews of Villains Tonight her on Disboards. Mostly negative to mediocre reviews. My personal opinion is that it is a good show. I enjoyed the comedy of the story and felt the cast did a great job. I didn't understand some of the "current" humor like a joke about Miley Cyrus, but that's because I have been living in Japan for so long. When the show was done the group went up to Deck 11 to watch the Mickey's Pirates of the Caribbean show. Kiyomi and I on the other hand had an 8:00 ressie at Palos and we couldn't watch the whole show. Instead we went up to the less crowded deck 12. We stood near the stairs near the stage. I LOVED this spot and I will tell you why....soon...but first some pictures.

Here is why I like that spot. You can see behind the curtains as the characters wait to go onstage. It was the small behind the scenes things that we enjoyed most. Like Daisy giving Donald a shoulder massage before his big entrance or the cast getting into Pirate mode.

Next up:Getting lost, a birthday dinner from a friend and ....which fork do I use???

Old 04-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #160
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Nice...uh...short...update.

HA! if the readers of this here TR want to read one that moves along faster...check out mine..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post51073599

hahaha!

Just kidding. Nice updates. Agree on the behind the scenes stuff...that's what makes it fun. I'll have to do that. funny that Daisy was rubbing Donald's shoulders...they obviously know some people watch...I love that they know to stay in character!

Waiting for more.
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #161
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
Nice...uh...short...update.

HA! if the readers of this here TR want to read one that moves along faster...check out mine..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post51073599

hahaha!

Just kidding. Nice updates. Agree on the behind the scenes stuff...that's what makes it fun. I'll have to do that. funny that Daisy was rubbing Donald's shoulders...they obviously know some people watch...I love that they know to stay in character!

Waiting for more.
Hey stop complaining...atleast this update had pictures.

as for speed....we shall see about that.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #162
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Hey stop complaining...atleast this update had pictures.

as for speed....we shall see about that.
hahaha!

oh yeah, tell your lovely bride that she had great shoes!
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #163
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

I will be back in the next few days. It's been a rough few weeks.
My youngest daughter is pregnant... Which I have mixed feelings about. Happy to be a grandpa but not happy about the circumstances. Then a few weeks ago my dad passed away.
Between that and work the TR took a back seat.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #164
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

I've missed your posts on your trip report, but completely understand that you've been dealing with so much right now. I am SOOOO sorry about your father. Please accept my condolences.

I remembering reading your TR's from the beginning and remember your daughters as young teenagers! How old are they now? I hope you're hanging in there.

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:17 AM   #165
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
I've missed your posts on your trip report, but completely understand that you've been dealing with so much right now. I am SOOOO sorry about your father. Please accept my condolences.

I remembering reading your TR's from the beginning and remember your daughters as young teenagers! How old are they now? I hope you're hanging in there.
Junna the youngest is 20 now. Too young to be a mother and nowhere need mentally prepared for what is about to change her world.

Ok now time for a short update.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: